12 Monkeys

MrMiltonBanana

A side story - the van they are in for their clandestine operation has on the side a logo that says "Honest Lou's" - thats an actual exterminator supply in Phila. Its supposed to be for professionals only, but my friend went there, oh 15 years ago, and said to the clerk, "Honest Lou, I have some honest cash, can I have your most deadly cure for roaches?" Classic - they gave it to him.

QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ Jun 26 2006, 03:17 PM)
one of my favorite movies, and proof that brad pitt can actually act laugh.gif

I totally agree, this was the first of Pitt's performances that impressed me.

I went to the movies to see this, I won free tix, and I was less than impressed. I didnt like it at all and thought the storyline was amateurish. I almsot fell asleep during the movie.

QUOTE (pixey @ Jun 26 2006, 03:44 PM)
I went to the movies to see this, I won free tix, and I was less than impressed. I didnt like it at all and thought the storyline was amateurish. I almsot fell asleep during the movie.

I think '12 Monkeys' is one of those "you either get it or you don't" movies. There really is no in-between.

I got it ok but still it was boring.

Weird movies are what I like, Dark Comedies, strange Indie Flicks, odd Sci-Fi I love them. The odder and more stranger a movie the more I love them. I am a huge Sci Fi movie geek, this was just one of those movies that felt forced, over done and boring. It tried to hard.

I'm with pixey on this one. I got it fine but didn't think it was as great as everyone said. It seemed to be paced fairly slow to me. And I still don't see why many think Pitt was great in this. I mean, he wasn't that bad and he was much better here than many other flicks of his ((see also: ACROSS THE TRACKS tongue.gif )). But still I don't see the attraction. confused13.gif . Oh well.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jun 27 2006, 12:05 PM)
I'm now going to offend everyone and suggest that 12 Monkeys is better than Brazil.

I'm the opposite of Milty - 12 Monkeys is in my Top 5, Brazil is Top 30.

That doesn't offend me, I agree with you.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 27 2006, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jun 27 2006, 12:05 PM)
I'm now going to offend everyone and suggest that 12 Monkeys is better than Brazil.

I'm the opposite of Milty - 12 Monkeys is in my Top 5, Brazil is Top 30.

That doesn't offend me, I agree with you.

Brazil is my favorite movie, but that doesn't offend me either. They're both great to me.

Saying things like "omg that movie iz soooooo boring n doesnt make ne sense" would though. Damn my friend. laugh.gif

I saw this a long time ago and I don't remember it being that good.. But after reading this thread I want to see it again.

I love Bruce Willis but hate Brat Pitt.. After watching Pitt in the movie "se7en" I could do without ever seeing him again.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 26 2006, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ Jun 26 2006, 03:17 PM)
one of my favorite movies, and proof that brad pitt can actually act laugh.gif

I totally agree, this was the first of Pitt's performances that impressed me.

Me too!, but I think Pitt's all time best performance is in S trink39.gif natch