Best Harry Potter book thus far?

Slime

Which of the published HP books is the best?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the published HP books is the best?

• Philosopher's Stone
    • Chamber of Secrets
    • Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Goblet of Fire
    • Order of the Phoenix
    • Half Blood Prince

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but has JK Rowling claimed ANYBODY was under a cloak the night the Potter's died? The answer to the Snape question might lead people to believe that somebody WAS there.

Next July just can't arrive fast enough. We'll have all the answers and wish she were still writing the series.

Mostly, we will be saying R.I.P Ron Weasley (I think)

in many ways he's kinda like the Peter Griffin of the magic world tongue.gif

But back to speculation. Here's a question for all the forum posters who like this thread and HP, since I think we should leave the "Cloak question" alone tongue.gif

IF one of the trio of Ron, Harry and Hermione dies...which is it?

I honestly don't think she'll kill off any of the 3. But if she did, Harry.

And what's wrong with 'the cloak' see, now that you said that it just makes me all the more eager to come up with new ideas! It's like banning a book!

Ha ha, I tease.

Okay...the REAL reason Dumbledore had the cloak is he stopped by the Potter's one day on the way to the beach and forgot his towel. James threw him the cloak and said, "here use this." tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sleepless Wind @ Oct 2 2006, 08:44 AM)
I honestly don't think she'll kill off any of the 3. But if she did, Harry.

no.gif she said in an interview that she wouldn't kill off Harry.

if any of the 3 i bet Hermoine. Which would be really sad cause i dont want to watch Emma Watson die. sad.gif

I re read OOTP and HBP and thought of who it could have been under the cloak.

Frank or Alice Longbottom

Aberforth, DD's Brother and it's suspected that he is much more involved than any one knows. We also dont know that much about him and he is in the OOTP.

Arabella Figg, as a Squib she would need it. Also in the Order.

I had forgotten what JKR had said about Snape which is why I had included him.

Aberforth is a great mystery and JKR did say that there is a member of the Order that we havent met yet that was important.

As who the 2 who will die will be mostsuspect Ron and Hermione but I sure hope not.

When I wase reading HBP I thought of what JKR hadsaid. She would make sure that no one would be able to write about Harry. So perhaps he doesnt have to die and still no oneb could write about him. In HBP DD explains to Harry that a "Great Emotional Upheavel" is why Merope lost her powers. Harry could also expierence great emotional upheavel andlose his powersthus ending anyways chance to write about him. Your thoughts....

I don't think that Harry would lose his powers due to emotional upheaval. As much as Ron and Hermione mean to him, I think he'd be able to hang on to his power. Harry still has his power after Sirius dies and after Dumbledore's fall as well. Merope's situation was already pretty hopeless living with Marvolo and Morfin bearing down on her all the time. I think Harry could still operate magically with the loss of a friend, even though nobody wants to see that happen.

I'm still pretty adamant that nobody was under an invisibility cloak at the Potter's residence. If they were a wizard/witch they could have helped out much more and maybe even taken Voldemort out. If they were not wizard/witch, their inclusion at the scene doesn't really add any dynamic to the story (except maybe Petunia Dursley, but her horror shown in OOTP is just a reflection of the fact that she did care about her sister instead of her possibly witnessing that murder). If there were anybody else there, they could have easily told Harry by now.

They couldnt tell Harry if they were dead or incapicatated (sp).

After everything is said and done and after Harry has lost so much I could see him lose his powers. Remember, he could lose his powers just by never doing magic again.

What can JKR do, besides kill him, so that no one ever writes about Harry again?

file lawsuits tongue.gif

Some authors do this to the fan fiction community. George R.R Martin says it is "bad practice for writers" and I know Robert Jordan doesn't like people writing erotic fan fiction with his characters. If J.K. Rowling really wanted to stop anybody from writing official HP after book seven, she'd seek to have SOLE publication rights in the same way that Charles Schulz had with Peanuts. As stipulated in Schulz's contract/will, nobody is to continue the Peanuts saga. JK really should do the same.

first Order of the Phoenix trailer

http://www.mugglenet.com/ootp-trailer.shtml

Be prepared to squint. From the site

"NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer you will need to turn up the volume on the player to hear the sound. Firefox users will need to click the video in the playlist on the bottom of the player for it to run."

Thoughts? I'll also post this in Video Vertigo

Here's my next question to add to the whole HP debate.

Who will Harry face off against in his final wand battle of the series? Will he win?

Possible candidates, as I see it: Voldemort, Snape, Bellatrix Lestrange, one of the Malfoy family, Peter Pettigrew and...Ron Weasley*

*I think that there could be a "Ron is bewitched" sort of thing in the final book. It'd be hard to make believable, but the groundwork is sufficient for Ron to snap at Harry's fame versus his lack thereof. It'd really be wild if big V could make it seem like Harry was responsible for the death of Ginny or Hermione (if those things occur, which is quite possible). That'd do it.

As to the winner, it depends. If Harry faces Voldemort, a Malfoy or Pettigrew, he wins. If he faces Snape or Bellatrix he loses based on previous track record. If he does lose any of those two battles, someone else will have to step in and do the deed. Any of Dumbledore's army (the main six, that is) will suffice.

Here's another question: Will book 7 feature any appreciable amount of humour, or will the task at hand make the book too darn serious?