Excerpts from "Roadshow" on neilpeart.net

The Mighty Dudad

Hi all,

I haven't seen this posted here yet...apologies if I've missed it.

I was checking out neilpeart.net to see if there were any new updates. In the "Xtras" section, there is a lengthy collection of excerpts from Neil's upcoming book. Very cool stuff...can't wait for the book to be published.

Enjoy

http://www.neilpeart.net/xtras/index.html

-TMD

Ooooh! Excerpts!

I can't wait to click and read.

(Isn't that sad? rofl3.gif)

Beautiful, heady stuff there...I can't wait for this book. I sense that some people who have seen Neil as a misanthrope, especially where fans are concerned, may have cause to change that view. Just in those few quotes, I see so much love for the human condition.

He likes us. He really likes us! wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 17 2006, 10:51 AM)
Beautiful, heady stuff there...I can't wait for this book.  I sense that some people who have seen Neil as a misanthrope, especially where fans are concerned, may have cause to change that view. Just in those few quotes, I see so much love for the human condition. 

He likes us.  He really likes us! wink.gif

Have to agree with GG here. It may just be me but, it seems like in the last couple years, including the last tour, Neil may be in a bit of an 'opening up more with people' transformation.

Maybe he is starting to feel more like Ged and Al do about things with the fans. Man, if he started doing meet and greet the next tour people would freak. lol Nah, he probably won't be doing that but, I bet he doesn't hide out as much as he used to and not say much.

Hopefully, he'll open up more in person and not just in his books. I think he knows now that every interaction with the fans, on and off stage, must be treasured since him and the boys have to make every month and year together count from here on out.

Being a lifelong Rush fan (since 1979), drummer and motorcyclist, I have thoroughly enjoyed Peart's books. This one seems to hit on exactly what I've been wanting to read. Whereas "Ghost Rider" was about loss and motorcycling touring for healing, it had very little Rush content. This one sounds like it definitely has an upbeat tone to it (how could it not?) and will be about both motorcycling and Rush. I look forward to September 25. (You can already pre-order this from Amazon.)

After reading this . . . .

and like the magic which is supposed to result from planetary confluence and sublime performance, it cannot be summoned on demand. Like, say between 7:30 and 11:00 on June 25, 2004, at the Cellular Telephone Network Amphitheater in San Antonio.

I realize I MUST get the bootleg but, as of yet, there is no known circulated bootleg for this performance comp26.gif . . .

A great taster for what Im sure will be a fantastic book!

Neil has held of speaking about his "Work" in his previous books.

"Roadshow" seems like its shaping up to be more about the "Day Job" than before and from these excerpts sounds like an essential purchase.

Archived