New Forum Idea

MrMiltonBanana

A new Big main page forum (or perhaps a Subdivision, hehe, of Random Samples) should be about written entertainment and such.

I always wanted a seperate area to discuss novels, or even poetry and magazines. Fine art can go here as well I suppose. Because i'm sure there are a lot of art fanatics here.

So, do what you will, but i think it's a mighty fine idea.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jun 14 2006, 03:59 PM)
If we could get a creative writing forum in here, I'd make Oracle easy.

yes.gif yeah you would new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think thats a really great idea

We could put different genres of writing too, ie, sci fi, fantasy, ficton, non-fiction, etc...

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 15 2006, 12:18 PM)
GREAT IDEA!!! trink39.gif

Very glad to see all the comic related stuff got thrown in too. It may not be fine art, but it's still a very amazing genre of art and storytelling. yes.gif

I will LOVE this new forum. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

To some, it may be garbage. I've read only a couple of different ones but I can tell you that comic books are still creative in writing & they deserve a place somewhere!

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 15 2006, 12:21 PM)
GREAT IDEA!!!  trink39.gif 

Very glad to see all the comic related stuff got thrown in too.  It may not be fine art, but it's still a very amazing genre of art and storytelling.  yes.gif 

I will LOVE this new forum.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

To some, it may be garbage. I've read only a couple of different ones but I can tell you that comic books are still creative in writing & they deserve a place somewhere!

I think that only the people that have never read one, or haven't read one since they were a kid and comics were kinda lame are the ones that can't appreciate them, or think they are garbage. Today's comic book is vastly different from those when we were kids.

Glad to meet another comic fan. We'll have to talk more someday.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 16 2006, 09:15 AM)

Very glad to see all the comic related stuff got thrown in too.  It may not be fine art, but it's still a very amazing genre of art and storytelling.  yes.gif 

I think that only the people that have never read one, or haven't read one since they were a kid and comics were kinda lame are the ones that can't appreciate them, or think they are garbage. Today's comic book is vastly different from those when we were kids.

Oh shit...

Now when he reads comuics you can't speak to him...

So now you make him a place to discuss them...

GREAT!!!

Now I guess he'll be in a larger little world of his own.

Sure...I'm not great at remembering nor have I read that many but I'll try to keep up! An old friend of mine had over $20,000 worth of comics. It was amazing when he would have someone to talk to. He remembered issue after issue. I can't remember my name!! Wait....Der.....got it! laugh.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 16 2006, 12:35 PM)

Oh shit...

Now when he reads comuics you can't speak to him...

So now you make him a place to discuss them...

GREAT!!!

Now I guess he'll be in a larger little world of his own.

oops.gif Sorry?! unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

How about skins? Changing the look of The Rush Forum using the colors of the different albums? Rush skin, Fly By Night skin, Caress Of Steel skin, etc. I think that would be neat. Everyone could pick their own skin to view the forum in their own way. If I knew how to make these here, I would help out. But I don't know how that's done. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Nov 20 2006, 10:43 PM)
How about skins? Changing the look of The Rush Forum using the colors of the different albums? Rush skin, Fly By Night skin, Caress Of Steel skin, etc. I think that would be neat. Everyone could pick their own skin to view the forum in their own way. If I knew how to make these here, I would help out. But I don't know how that's done. unsure.gif

We already have three skins. All three were very time consuming to make.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 20 2006, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Nov 20 2006, 10:43 PM)

We already have three skins. All three were very time consuming to make.

and good job might I add!!!! You guys rock!! 1022.gif