So what's this Best Buy exclusive deal?

Stormtron

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 11 2006, 08:14 AM)
Flipping through the Sunday Best Buy ads I notice:

Rush: Replay x 3
$24.99 
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE
4 bonus songs

What's the exclusive and 4 bonus songs thing about?

Good question... I dunno the answer, but bestbuy.com states:

Exclusive tracks & free shipping

Rush is back with the new 3-DVD box set,
Replay X3.

Save on the new box set and get a bonus CD
with more than 17 minutes of exclusive tracks. Bonus CD features live versions of "Limelight," "Tom Sawyer," "Spirit of the Radio" and
"Closer to the Heart."

At first I thought it might be possible that the bonus CD mentioned is the GUP video soundtrack that normally comes with Replay X3. However, if memory serves, Limelight was not included on the GUP video.

So it appears that were getting another CD with Limelight, Tom Sawyer, TSOR, and CTTH. I'm guessing they'll be previously released versions (from DS probably). I'm buying my copy at Best Buy either way.

Oh, I'm definitely going out of my way to get that. I mean, ilve versions of Closer to the Heart! Tom Sawyer! Limelight! Spirit! Such rarely-played gems from deep within their back catalog. I wish they would pull these songs out of the vault on the next tour, don't you?

My Best Buy flyer says:

(says it includes a "Two for $20" special if you buy the CD and DVD. I'm not sure why they'd give you both for $5 less....or maybe I just misread it.)

Any clue if that means you'll get both for $20...? Or maybe they mean if you buy two copies?

Thoughts?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2006, 12:09 PM)
My Best Buy flyer says:

(says it includes a "Two for $20" special if you buy the CD and DVD. I'm not sure why they'd give you both for $5 less....or maybe I just misread it.)

Any clue if that means you'll get both for $20...?  Or maybe they mean if you buy two copies?

Thoughts?

I was confused by that too. Maybe the person who wrote the flyer thought that there will separate DVD and CD releases (like with RIR) instead of an all-in-one package (like with R30-deluxe). If we can pick up a second copy of Replay X3 for an extra $15, that'd be a sweet deal.

QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Jun 11 2006, 11:38 AM)
If it's the same songs as everyone else sell, what is the "exclusive" aspect to what Best Buy sells?

Scroll up and read the third post in this thread.

It's unknown what exactly we're getting, but Best Buy's website indicates they're including an additional CD with live versions of CTTH, TSOR, Tom Sawyer, and Limelight

Here ya go:

Circuit City:

http://www.myspacephoto.com/files/8285/CC%20Replay%20ad.jpg

Best Buy

http://www.myspacephoto.com/files/8285/bestbuy.jpg

Even if these tracks are just from E... SL wouldn't that make this a must-buy for many as Limelight for E... SL hasn't been released on audio cd before? Isn't that "new"?

QUOTE (deslock @ Jun 11 2006, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2006, 12:09 PM)
My Best Buy flyer says:

Any clue if that means you'll get both for $20...?  Or maybe they mean if you buy two copies?

Thoughts?

I was confused by that too. Maybe the person who wrote the flyer thought that there will separate DVD and CD releases (like with RIR) instead of an all-in-one package (like with R30-deluxe). If we can pick up a second copy of Replay X3 for an extra $15, that'd be a sweet deal.

I think this "buy both DVD and CD for $20" refers to the two John Fogarty items below it in the ad.

- TMD

QUOTE (deslock @ Jun 11 2006, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 11 2006, 08:14 AM)
Flipping through the Sunday Best Buy ads I notice:

Rush: Replay x 3
$24.99 
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE
4 bonus songs

What's the exclusive and 4 bonus songs thing about?

Good question... I dunno the answer, but bestbuy.com states:

Exclusive tracks & free shipping

Rush is back with the new 3-DVD box set,
Replay X3.

Save on the new box set and get a bonus CD
with more than 17 minutes of exclusive tracks. Bonus CD features live versions of "Limelight," "Tom Sawyer," "Spirit of the Radio" and
"Closer to the Heart."

At first I thought it might be possible that the bonus CD mentioned is the GUP video soundtrack that normally comes with Replay X3. However, if memory serves, Limelight was not included on the GUP video.

So it appears that were getting another CD with Limelight, Tom Sawyer, TSOR, and CTTH. I'm guessing they'll be previously released versions (from DS probably). I'm buying my copy at Best Buy either way.

The versions of Limelight and CTTH will be from ESL DVD and TSoR and TS are from the ASoH DVD. They will be live versions. I am at Best Buy Tuesday. My dad and I are splitting the costs down the middle. They have been spoiling me as of late. They did the bonus CD of Island Jam on David Gilmour's On an Island earlier this year.

Ah hell, why does Rush do this to me?!?! Last year it was R30 that came out in November & I had to wait till Christmas to view it, & now Replay x3 comes out on Tuesday & I have to wait (if the mrs. buys it) till Fathers day to see it! Enjoy it everyone before I do ok? doh.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 11 2006, 11:27 AM)
Oh, I'm definitely going out of my way to get that. I mean, ilve versions of Closer to the Heart! Tom Sawyer! Limelight! Spirit! Such rarely-played gems from deep within their back catalog. I wish they would pull these songs out of the vault on the next tour, don't you?

Classic, dude. laugh.gif

QUOTE (open secret @ Jun 11 2006, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 11 2006, 11:27 AM)

Classic, dude. laugh.gif

ok, now I know that these live versions are from the ESL and ASOH soundtracks. I have boots of both of these shows with these songs anyway. So who cares?

Seriously though, I think I would probably die of shock if they went into Tom Sawyer on the next tour.

I have to go to school in the morning... http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/nerd.gif

A family member has a dental appointment across the street from a Best Buy... http://www.online-thecatsmeow.com/images/Emoticons/toothache.gif

I'll have mine by tomorrow afternoon!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 11 2006, 07:55 PM)
Seriously though, I think I would probably die of shock if they went into Tom Sawyer on the next tour.

Now imagine if they played that and Spirit of Radio...I don't think I could handle so many obscure songs in one setlist!

Archived