Death Cab For Cutie

Cygnalschick

I don't know if anyone here has heard of this band, called Death Cab for Cutie, but I think they are very good! I'm listening to their latest album, called "Plans". The single you may have heard is titled "Soul Meets Body". The album sounds kind of Beatle-esque, and has some very good songwriting on it. It's very mellow-sounding, and relaxing. I think you guys would enjoy it yes.gif

Death Cab = new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Plans was pretty good, as were a few tracks from Transatlanticism, havent heard much more of their older studio albums though. I saw them twice last year, once at their club tour and again for a small festival they did in the winter. Both of the times they had much more energy then I thought they would, considering the airy sound of their music. Going to see them again in August with Spoon and Mates of State, all 3 of those bands I'm pretty excited about, should be a good show.

i liked transatlanticism better than plans, but it's definitely a strong album. i will follow you into the dark and what sarah said, at times, makes me cry, but tiny vessels from transatlanticism is still my favorite song. i'm not so much of a fan of the older stuff... lots of it was recorded very poorly so that gets to me.

saw them a couple months ago with franz ferdinand on their co-headlined tour, and they were just excellent (both bands, actually), with tons of energy and passion.

you might want to check out the postal service, ben gibbard's other project. the debut album is really excellent and well written.

I'm not sure why a lot of people like Transatlanticism better then Plans, i listened to Transatlanticism and thought it was shit.

Plans is great. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

because transatlanticism is better, duh wink.gif joker.gif

plans is very good, but there are similar sounds and themes. it's a more adult album, in some ways. i think the lyric writing for both albums is excellent, but i think the music is better on transatlanticism. the songs are diverse in structure and appeal to me more.

though i do think that crooked teeth may have the best lyrics ben's ever written. he is truly the best modern lyricist out there (sorry neil, but it's true tongue.gif)

Ha, speaking of Rock Kills Kid, they opened up for The Lovemakers and She Wants Revenge last year, and a bunch of my friends went to go see them (I couldnt unfortunately). They all said RKK was crap on stage, which kinda suprised me cuz I thought the songs they have been playing on the radio by them were actually kinda catchy. Havent seen them live yet myself though, so I cant say how I feel about them.

But DCFC are touring with Spoon and Mates of State, which will make for a great show.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jun 10 2006, 09:44 PM)
I borrowed Plans from a friend -- it's my "Relax" CD. wink.gif

Same here tongue.gif This cd definitely soothes the soul yes.gif

I like them a lot. Narrow Stairs is the only album I have of theirs and I love it. "Cath" and "Grapevine Fires" are excellent songs. "I Will Possess Your Heart" and "Pity And Fear" are incredible! Really great stuff. smile.gif

Love this band like crazy.

The Photo Album, Transatlanticism and Plans are all tremendous.

We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes is good.

Narrow Stairs is okay, but definitely below the standard they set with pretty much everything else. I mean, most of the songs on are it are good, but there is nothing that is amazing, and the overall feel is just a little off.

The Open Door EP was an improvement, so hopefully that is step back in the right direction.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 26 2010, 05:48 PM)
I really dig Plans.

Heard them on Austin City Limits when they were touring for Plans, and bought it the next day. "Crooked Teeth" is one of the catchiest tunes I've heard in years.

I am going to have to listen to this more. So far I like Narrow Stairs the best. Really strong start with Bixby Canyon Bridge, I Will Possess Your Heart, No Sunlight and Cath. All great songs.

Archived