'The Wicker Man' remake trailer

Jack Aubrey

I like the original for the story and the "I didn't see that coming" ending, but the acting and production values weren't exactly top-notch. Now it has been remade with some good talent, so I think I'll go see it. 'The Wicker Man'

I thought the original was truly great - a very unique and interesting film. yes.gif

I'm skeptical about a remake, however the original is definitely quite dated, so it'll be interesting to see how they update it. I imagine a LOT will have to be changed to make a version palatable for modern audiences. I just hope they don't suck all the charm of the original out of it by doing so. I can see that happening all too easily.

Also, I think the soundtrack to the original is pretty stunning (I even own the cd), so messing with the music could easily be a disaster. The music is an integral part of the charm of the original, and very, very rarely have I seen a movie where the music was so well integrated into a story without the movie being an outright musical.

I do hope that the remake will call more attention to the vastly under-appreciated original, but I doubt it. City Of Angles didn't exactly make flocks of people go rent the vastly superior Wings of Desire that it was a remake of.

I'm open-minded, but again, very skeptical. We'll see...