Schoolhouse Rock

Nunavuter

I have the 30th anniversary DVD. Great stuff. And memorable songs. And the great part is that when you are a kid, you don't realize you are actually learning something. True genius behind the writing.

I bought 2 VHS tapes for about 50 cents each at a garage sale about 8 years ago...one is GRAMMAR ROCK which has 'Lolly, Lolly..', 'Conjunction Junction', etc. The other is HISTORY ROCK which has 'I'm Just a Bill', 'No More Kings', etc. I love them both.

OMG laugh.gif

I forgot all about that adverb one!

Lolly, Lolly, Lolly get your adverbs here 653.gif

* funny how those crazy little tunes can stick in your head for over 30 years unsure.gif *

Thanks for making me feel old! rofl3.gif

I have every single one on DVD. I love school house rock. And what's cool is, my daughters watch them now.

Our all time fav is Interjections. No question. But there are sooo many great ones.

I got extra-credit in Junior High for being able to recite the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution. And I learned it from... Schoolhouse Rock. I'm a fan, nostalgic-wise, and I've got the VHS of 'Grammar Rock' -

Verb: That's What's Happening

Interjection!

Conjunction Junction

A Noun is a Person, Place, or Thing

Unpack Your Adjectives

Lolly Lolly Lolly, Get Your Adverbs Here

Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla (pronouns)

Busy Prepositions

The Tale of Mr. Morton (subject-predicate)

The 'History' ones are some of the best, though. "I'm Just a Bill," "Shot Heard 'Round the World," etc.

LOVE Schoolhouse Rock!

My favourite was always Pronoun cuz it had such an awesome piano riff. But I loved them all.

Funnily enough, there were some nuances in the grammar ones I hadn't noticed till a handful of years ago:

Pronoun-

"Now Rufus has a sister named Rafaella Gabriela Sarsaparilla.

If she found a kangaroo I'd say to you:

"SHE found a kangaroo that followed HER home, and now it is HERS."

But I can't say that...

'Cause she found an aardvark..."

z7shysterical.gif

Adverb-

"Suppose you're going nut-gathering."

who the hell ever goes nut-gathering icon_really_happy_guy.gif

common001.gif

How would I EVER know anything about our government if it weren't for Schoolhouse Rock? wink.gif

QUOTE (TheTrinity @ May 14 2006, 03:53 PM)
Howdy Mark, long time no see. smile.gif

Hey, Greg! Yeah... long time! Are you still running that old "Rivendell" board of yours, and - if so - what's the URL? I'd love to say hello to the Old Schoolers I remember.

BTW - I love this avatar of yours, with "Rush" written in the manner of Led Zep, Kiss, Iron Maiden, ACDC, Def Lep, Yes, etc. Did you design that yourself? I'd love to cop it for my siggy.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 15 2006, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (TheTrinity @ May 14 2006, 03:53 PM)
Howdy Mark, long time no see. smile.gif

Hey, Greg! Yeah... long time! Are you still running that old "Rivendell" board of yours, and - if so - what's the URL? I'd love to say hello to the Old Schoolers I remember.

BTW - I love this avatar of yours, with "Rush" written in the manner of Led Zep, Kiss, Iron Maiden, ACDC, Def Lep, Yes, etc. Did you design that yourself? I'd love to cop it for my siggy.

Yeah its still there, more or less, kind of an archive now, not much in the way of actual participation for some time. PM me an email and I'll drop you an invite if you like. As for the avatar, nope, my buddy Poncho ran across that somewhere and I swiped it to use as an avatar. I have a feelin it will get swiped for a lotta sigs judgin by the looks of the place. laugh.gif

Edited by TheTrinity

Swiped. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alien Girl @ May 15 2006, 12:19 PM)
How would I EVER know anything about our government if it weren't for Schoolhouse Rock? wink.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif When we had to do the whole constitution thing in the 8th grade I seriously got in front of the class and sang the pre-amble the same way SHR did...it was really easy to remember with the tune flowing

We the PEOPLE

in ORDER to form a more perfect UNION

establish JUSTICE

ensure domestic TRANQUILITYEEEE EEEE EEEEE

QUOTE (rushfreak @ May 15 2006, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (Alien Girl @ May 15 2006, 12:19 PM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif When we had to do the whole constitution thing in the 8th grade I seriously got in front of the class and sang the pre-amble the same way SHR did...it was really easy to remember with the tune flowing

We the PEOPLE

in ORDER to form a more perfect UNION

establish JUSTICE

ensure domestic TRANQUILITYEEEE EEEE EEEEE

Now I will have that song in my head all day. laugh.gif

QUOTE (LaFellaStrangiato @ May 15 2006, 07:41 PM)
My favorite has always been, 'Number 9', with the pool playing cat using the mouse as the cueball.

There's some great Mississippi style blues in there...

i love that one smile.gif i picked up an original animation cell a few years ago of the overhead view of the pool table with the balled up mouse as the cue as a gift for my husband. he loves that thing - even better that it's signed by bob dorough and grady tate

im just a bill , yes im only a bill , and im sitting here on capital hill . so now its off to the white where i stand there in line with alot of other bills for the president to sign , but if he signs me then ill be a law oh how i hope and pray that he will but today im am still just a bill.

they signed you bill now your a law ! 1022.gif

i prolly f*ked up the words but as a singer it wouldnt be the first time. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 27 2006, 09:30 AM)
im just a bill , yes im only a bill , and im sitting here on capital hill . so now its off to the white where i stand there in line with alot of other bills for the president to sign , but if he signs me then ill be a law oh how i hope and pray that he will but today im am still just a bill.

they signed you bill now your a law ! 1022.gif

i prolly f*ked up the words but as a singer it wouldnt be the first time. biggrin.gif

c'mon now wheres the love , this was the best one they ever did.