Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(about the three guys in the news):

I don't know about everyone else but if I had just watched 3 days of lost I'd be pissed to have to watch 5 1/2 hours more... Plus being all hyped on caffeine would suck, can't stand how caffeine makes me feel.

Very poignant. Up there with Six Feet Under and Return Of The King for endings.

Was every question answered? No. Was the emotional core of the show dealt with? Absolutely...and effectively.

Anyone who still asks "why the polar bear?" after this ending missed the entire point of the show.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 23 2010, 10:39 PM)
OK rocket scientists...start explaining 'cuz I have more questions than EVER!!!!

So, the flash sideways was not a flash sideways at all.

It was after they all died. They needed to find each other and move on together. We saw it from Jack's point of view at the end.

They had a job to do, to protect the island, as well as the world. But they had to do it together.

So Hurley went on to protect the island, for who knows how long, along with Ben. And Kate, Claire, Sawyer etc. got back home and carried on their lives as well.

All the mythology of the island was just a back drop for these characters and their connections to each other.

Edited by Signals1982

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ May 23 2010, 10:54 PM)
OK rocket scientists...start explaining 'cuz I have more questions than EVER!!!!

It was after they all died. They needed to find each other and move on together. We saw it from Jack's point of view at the end.

They had a job to do, to protect the island, as well as the world. But they had to do it together.

So Hurley went on to protect the island, for who knows how long, along with Ben. And Kate, Claire, Sawyer etc. got back home and carried on their lives as well.

All the mythology of the island was just a back drop for theses characters and their connections to each other.

...and that is sure to piss off a ton of people.

And I lauuuuughhhh!!!

I loved it. The show was about relationships...right from the very start.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 23 2010, 10:56 PM)

All the mythology of the island was just a back drop for theses characters and their connections to each other.

...and that is sure to piss off a ton of people.

And I lauuuuughhhh!!!

I loved it. The show was about relationships...right from the very start.

Yes, and destiny, sacrifice, love, purpose, faith, redemption etc.

All the mythology of the island was just a back drop for these characters and their connections to each other.

Yeah....that sounds good, and that's kinda what I thought it was all about. But at the risk of being ridiculed for wanting more answers, sure the end was emotional, and I'm sad the show is over...but I wanted more.

The thing is, this island was around God knows how long, before Jacob and The Man In Black's "mother," because we don't know how or why she ended up there...and we have to presume more people after Hurley and Ben, as someone was "chosen" to watch it after Ben ultimately died.

The show was a WINDOW into this one particular group of people and how this island brought them together. The mythology was indeed the backdrop to this group of people. And every group before and after them have their own story. This was just one of them.

We're left to presume the island still is around today, with someone in charge of protecting it....but the island was just the vehicle by which their lives became forever linked. Some expected that to be the center of the show, rather than the backdrop. But I love that they chose to make it a story of the people rather than the island.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 23 2010, 11:01 PM)

Yeah....that sounds good, and that's kinda what I thought it was all about. But at the risk of being ridiculed for wanting more answers, sure the end was emotional, and I'm sad the show is over...but I wanted more.

I want more too! Don't want it to be over!!! sad.gif

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 24 2010, 12:01 AM)

^ therefore - success in my book. imo, leaving you not wanting would mean too many answers, and ironically, less satisfied. same w sopranos....

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 23 2010, 11:04 PM)

^ therefore - success in my book. imo, leaving you not wanting would mean too many answers, and ironically, less satisfied. same w sopranos....

I'll agree with you. It was a successful ending, 'cuz it left me wanting more. I've said it before I was a real fan of the characters.

But I feel that this ending was only pertinent to the events of this final season which (as I've also mentioned before) I feel had almost nothing to do with the first five.

So I'm going to look at it like this. They all died when Jughead blew, and the final season was them in heaven trying to make heads or tails of what happened.

It might not work for everyone, but to satisfy my simple mind, that's how I'm gonna look at it.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 23 2010, 11:12 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 23 2010, 11:04 PM)

I'll agree with you. It was a successful ending, 'cuz it left me wanting more. I've said it before I was a real fan of the characters.

But I feel that this ending was only pertinent to the events of this final season which (as I've also mentioned before) I feel had almost nothing to do with the first five.

So I'm going to look at it like this. They all died when Jughead blew, and the final season was them in heaven trying to make heads or tails of what happened.

It might not work for everyone, but to satisfy my simple mind, that's how I'm gonna look at it.

Go for it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 23 2010, 08:45 PM)
Anyone who still asks "why the polar bear?" after this ending missed the entire point of the show.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ May 12 2010, 04:38 PM)
So.. Where did that polar bear come from anyways?

blush4.gif oops.gif

Great ending....... the flash-sideways being the afterlife and all........touching..

Jack and Smokey die, but what a final confrontation! I like that Hurley became the leader of the island with Ben for a number of years before Joining everybody else in the "flash-afterlife"

and presumably those who got off on the plane went on to live out the rest of their lives as well........ very great....so happy with the ending.

Funny when Hurley pulled up the rope to find Desmond, he was like "Desmond? screw Desmond! JAACKK!!"

When John Locke could move his toes after recovering from surgery, Jack and him were both looking at them.. Locke then had a quick 1-2 second flashback of crashing on the island and asked Jack "did you see that?" and Jack responded "See what?" wouldn't he have thought Locke was talking about his feet moving?

alright time to stop being a knit picking bastard tongue.gif

loved this ending.. I almost cried, but nope.. I felt and still feel very warm inside biggrin.gif

In general, there's still a lot of things for me to wrap my mind around, but oh well.

So did they all die when the bomb went off or did they all die when the plane initially crashed? I guess they would have had to die when the bomb went off because if they died in the plane crash it means none of it really happened and it didn't mean anything, unless they did die and it all really happened in the afterlife and everything everyone did was them working out things they needed to work out before they could move on.

Wow, I'm confused and elated at the same time. I guess if it was all perfectly spelled out without mystery, it wouldn't be Lost. I'm so glad everyone found each other who were separated, even if it was in the afterlife. In a way, it's very reminiscent of the very end of Titanic in that regards, or Somewhere in Time, or in a different way, Jacob's Ladder.

Maybe just another half an hour to show how everything went perfect in flash-sideways would make it perfect:

Sawyer living with Juliet

Jack and Kate

Sayid and Shannon

Rose and her husband

Hurley and (what's her name?)

Locke and his Fiance

Ben and Danielle

Miles and Boone tongue.gif

Desmond and Libby

Sun and Jin

Charlie and Claire

Charlotte and Daniel

And sure people would complain, but people are going to complain no matter what happens in the end.. And these relationships in the flash side-ways is what the sixth season was inferring the whole time, and that's especially evident in the finale. I would just like a little more in the finale as a visual aid wink.gif

Edited by Kenneth

Hmmm, Christian seemed to indicate that these people all found each other because the time they spent together was so important. If that's the case, then it wouldn't make sense that they all died in the initial plane crash, as they wouldn't have known each other then and would have made their reunions with each other impossible or meaningless. So maybe they DID die when the bomb went off, if not prior to that (Boone, Shannon, Libby, etc.)? confused13.gif Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2010, 02:30 AM)
Hmmm, Christian seemed to indicate that these people all found each other because the time they spent together was so important. If that's the case, then it wouldn't make sense that they all died in the initial plane crash, as they wouldn't have known each other then and would have made their reunions with each other impossible or meaningless. So maybe they DID die when the bomb went off, if not prior to that (Boone, Shannon, Libby, etc.)? confused13.gif

They died, when they died. Everything that happened was real(except the flash sideways.) That's why Ben said to Hurley, "You were a great number 1." Both of them stayed on the island and protected it. They all continued their lives.

They just showed you the point of view from Jack's death.