Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

He has no name. I guess the other woman wasn't "allowed" to name him? Edited by Signals1982

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While last night's episode was GREAT, I couldn't help but think, "Man, you guys barely have any time to wrap this up and tie up a ton of loose ends, and we're spending pretty much an entire episode watching events in the past?" They're going to have to scramble like crazy to finish this thing off properly.

I guess the only thing I was a little iffy about is "the light" and that's the source of it and that a little bit of it is in every person and if it's not protected there and it goes out it will die in everyone everywhere. and the source of this light is not God or heaven or whatever, but an underground cavern on an island in the south pacific? hmmmm....

this can't have escaped everyone's notice, could it have? unsure.gif

We need more info on the "Light" ............. alot of the people on Lostpedia did not care for this episode because of the "Source" explanation...

I liked it, but I feel we need more info on it.... we are looking it out of context with the rest of the series.....

Only 3 1/2 hours left!

By the Way, on top of the extra half out to the finale.... The day before (on Saturday) they're re-airing the pilot episode "enhanced"... with pop-up notes and everything

Lost weekend it will be.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 12 2010, 11:26 AM)
While last night's episode was GREAT, I couldn't help but think, "Man, you guys barely have any time to wrap this up and tie up a ton of loose ends, and we're spending pretty much an entire episode watching events in the past?" They're going to have to scramble like crazy to finish this thing off properly.

I guess the only thing I was a little iffy about is "the light" and that's the source of it and that a little bit of it is in every person and if it's not protected there and it goes out it will die in everyone everywhere. and the source of this light is not God or heaven or whatever, but an underground cavern on an island in the south pacific? hmmmm....

this can't have escaped everyone's notice, could it have? unsure.gif

Yeah...and this beautiful light that is the center of all beings, is in everyone, and must be protected (blah blah blah blah blah) just happens to churn out a smoke monster that destroys life? Huh?

Oh, and did you notice the "other" brother's name was never mentioned?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 12 2010, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 12 2010, 06:45 AM)
Dear Writers and Producers of Lost,

In the future when f'ing your dedicated fans who have stuck with you for so many years, please use more Astroglide.

After last nights episode I feel like I have been ass raped with a flaming porcupine.

Thanks,
A dedicated fan

Again I ask....If you KNOW you are going to be disappointed why are you bothering to watch it at all? confused13.gif

It's just a TV show....take it for what it is and enjoy it tongue.gif

This show is probably going to be like real life....a great big mystery which leaves pondering things forever.

That's just it, not every episode has been crap. As a matter of fact I thought last nights episode was really good...I liked it. It was intriguing, and entertaining, but what did it have to do with the past few years worth of shows? It's become a crap shoot, and I have to watch it to see the end. Hell it's only 40 minutes a week...I can spare that.

I think it would have been better placed (like the Richard Alpert episode) a couple of years ago in the middle of the story. Not right before the end of the show!!!

Once more, it's the broken continuity of the story I line that has me most up in arms. There is no way you cannot agree with me that the this whole final season, and story line has very little to do with the previous seasons other than the title of the show and the characters are the same.

And I know it's just a TV show...this is the only place I complain about it so it's not like it rules my life...you guys just happen to be the lucky recipients of my complaining trink39.gif

And I don't ponder....I tried to think once but nothing happened.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ May 12 2010, 06:38 PM)
So.. Where did that polar bear come from anyways?

If I'm not mistaken, The Dharma Initiative had a zoo in one of their compounds. As a matter of fact Sawyer, Kate, Jin, Sun and Hurley were all locked in a cage in the last episode (not this Jacob and Man in Black episode but the one with the submarine). That cage was a polar bear cage I believe. How the polar bear got out, why it was there, how it got there, and why it was running around the island etc... are all topics that has not been touched upon. Just another never to be answered question.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 12 2010, 08:25 PM)

If I'm not mistaken, The Dharma Initiative had a zoo in one of their compounds. As a matter of fact Sawyer, Kate, Jin, Sun and Hurley were all locked in a cage in the last episode (not this Jacob and Man in Black episode but the one with the submarine). That cage was a polar bear cage I believe. How the polar bear got out, why it was there, how it got there, and why it was running around the island etc... are all topics that has not been touched upon. Just another never to be answered question.

the DI were experimenting on Polar Bears........

Last season when the Losties were in the 70's, Dr. Chang threatened Hurley with Polar Bear crap if he did not keep quiet by the dead guy who was killed by electromagnetism and his own filling.

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 12 2010, 09:44 PM)

Last season when the Losties were in the 70's, Dr. Chang threatened Hurley with Polar Bear crap if he did not keep quiet by the dead guy who was killed by electromagnetism and his own filling.

From an interview I saw with The actor of Sayid, he said that the writers were kind of bull shitting the whole show episode by episode for the first 2 seasons, not expecting to be (overwhelmingly) successful... So by the third season they had the rest planned out.. They just had to cover up for the polar bear I guess.. They got A TON of crap about the polar bear thing, and it's just one little irrelevant bit of the show which is kind of the funny part..

Oh yeah, and, I don't think a polar bear could survive on an island where it doesn't even snow confused13.gif but correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm no expert tongue.gif

Edited by KennethRush

QUOTE (KennethRush @ May 13 2010, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 12 2010, 09:44 PM)

From an interview I saw with The actor of Sayid, he said that the writers were kind of bull shitting the whole show episode by episode for the first 2 seasons, not expecting to be (overwhelmingly) successful... So by the third season they had the rest planned out.. They just had to cover up for the polar bear I guess.. They got A TON of crap about the polar bear thing, and it's just one little irrelevant bit of the show which is kind of the funny part..

Oh yeah, and, I don't think a polar bear could survive on an island where it doesn't even snow confused13.gif but correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm no expert tongue.gif

If they're cared for they'd be good........ A polar bear would not work in the wild, in a jungle for long... They excel in the north because of the white fur... camo for getting prey.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ May 13 2010, 12:40 AM)

In retrospect I think it is pretty clear they were bs'n the show episode by episode, and I think it went far longer than just the first two seasons although on a smaller scale once they got into a groove on a particular topic per season.

There were a lot of things that seem important in those first few seasons that simply fell off the radar as time went by. Hell...to me the show really didn't seem to get its groove on until The Oceanic 6 episodes up to when Jughead blew.

I think they are definitely bs'n this whole season while bs us about how everything will come around.

Yesterday, a guy on the Howard Stern Show was talking about a book he read in which ABC didn't even want Lost (under almost any circumstances) and the guy who gave it the green light behind Eisners back had to literally sneak it into production under the radar. So if they were flying by the seat of their pants that's probably one of the reasons.

Great audio interview with Carlton Cuse............ on espn radio........

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/...ADIO&autoplay=1

It's an hour long, I am only about 40 minutes into the interview when I post this, and no future episode spoilers at all, but I don't know about the rest.......

But the creators of lost are really tight liped...... so the 20min I have not heard yet are most likley safe.

Don't know if I should be excited for the show tonight or what. I'm half expecting nothing to happen and half expecting revelations galore. Prolly halfway between my expectations I reckon.

Kinda given up guessing as to what will happen at this point.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 18 2010, 11:56 AM)
Don't know if I should be excited for the show tonight or what. I'm half expecting nothing to happen and half expecting revelations galore. Prolly halfway between my expectations I reckon.

What is the over/under on the number of Losties who will get killed tonight?

ohmy.gif

We have a TV conflict tonight, so we'll be *rabid* to watch this episode tomorrow evening!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 18 2010, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 18 2010, 11:56 AM)

What is the over/under on the number of Losties who will get killed tonight?

ohmy.gif

We have a TV conflict tonight, so we'll be *rabid* to watch this episode tomorrow evening!

Potential TV conflict in KY. We're having primary elections today and if my local station interrupts Lost for returns I'm a gonna kill them.

edit: 2 more Losties die is my guess.

Edited by theredtamasrule

Possible Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

z7shysterical.gif I can't believe I'm saying it....But what a great episode!!!

I still feel that when a characters are "finished" with the show their exits are wasteful and anticlimactic.

Should've had shows like this throughout the whole season.

Glad to see Ben up to his old tricks again....be interesting to see what happens