Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ May 6 2010, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 5 2010, 05:56 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 4 2010, 10:52 PM)
Damn! 

Sun and Jin.......... Dead
Sayid.....................Dead
Frank.....................Dead

at least 10 of Widmore's people..........Dead via Flocke, and Claire (who is a beast with a rifle)

Although I thought the episode was good....

I'm pissed off.

Those characters were just wasted.

Proves to me once more the writers and producers have no idea how to end the show so instead of writing off characters in meaningful, valuable ways, they simply go the easy route and just kill 'em off in meaninglessly !!!

TOTAL BULLSHITE!!!!

I thought Jin and Sun and their story throughout the entire span of the show was great. They were about the only constant in the entire run and I found myself really rooting for them to stay together and then meet back up and live happily ever after. Only to find out they were just dead weight (no pun intended) throughout the whole thing? Bullshite.

Frank, why even bring him back? Another waste of a character...oh yeah....who's gonna fly the plane off the island?? Not that he would have been able to seeing it's wheels are buried in sand and it's facing into the jungle and it has a broken windshield.

And Sayid...Is he really/finally dead!!!??? OK...He sacrificed himself to save the others (not The Others but you know what I mean), but what about his lack of feeling and emotion and devotion to Smoky? What...all of a sudden he's human again??...Must'a been the sub....And are we ever gonna find out how he came back from the grave and what that whole temple thing was about???!!!

Oh yeah...Widmore hired bad ass mercenarieses to get Ben Linus but hired bumbling college kids to take Smoky out...what's up with that?

I hate to....On second though as far as this topic goes, I love (and feel I've won a gold for it) to sound like a snivelling weenie, but I can't wait for Lost to end if they are gonna keep pulling this crap.

What's next...Hurley gonna be heading off to take on Smoky one on one only to choke to death on a twinkie he finds lying in the woods?

There is an episode coming up called "What they died for." So there is a reason why they had to die.

Sayid came back because MIB brought him back to life. However he didn't anticipate Sayid's good side would over power his bad side. Sayid has struggled with being good/bad his whole life. His death was a final act of redemption. Also his choice to save Desmond's life is very important.

Jin and Sun were meant to be together. In life or death. Their sacrifice shows true love at it's purest.

Lapidis was meant to be a "transporter" of the survivors. He has a been there to get them where they need to be. They are meant to be on the island, so now he purpose is over.

I think self sacrifice i.e Sayid, Jin, Charlie, Juliet etc has a significant efeect on future events and is vital to the survival of the island. And therefore the survival of the world.

Jack faith was the hardest to gain. Yet it is stronger than anyone's now. His will to never give up coupled with his belief makes him the perfect candidate. John's blind faith made him week. From the beginning the show has been about Jack, now we know why.

The next episode is "Across the Sea" and it seems to deal with Jacob and MIB only. We will get to see their origins.

Well how've you been, sir?! I haven't seen you in a while and it's nice to see you're back!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! 

at least 10 of Widmore's people..........Dead via Flocke, and Claire (who is a beast with a rifle)

I'm pissed off.

Proves to me once more the writers and producers have no idea how to end the show so instead of writing off characters in meaningful, valuable ways, they simply go the easy route and just kill 'em off in meaninglessly !!!

TOTAL BULLSHITE!!!!

I thought Jin and Sun and their story throughout the entire span of the show was great. They were about the only constant in the entire run and I found myself really rooting for them to stay together and then meet back up and live happily ever after. Only to find out they were just dead weight (no pun intended) throughout the whole thing? Bullshite.

Frank, why even bring him back? Another waste of a character...oh yeah....who's gonna fly the plane off the island?? Not that he would have been able to seeing it's wheels are buried in sand and it's facing into the jungle and it has a broken windshield.

And Sayid...Is he really/finally dead!!!??? OK...He sacrificed himself to save the others (not The Others but you know what I mean), but what about his lack of feeling and emotion and devotion to Smoky? What...all of a sudden he's human again??...Must'a been the sub....And are we ever gonna find out how he came back from the grave and what that whole temple thing was about???!!!

Oh yeah...Widmore hired bad ass mercenarieses to get Ben Linus but hired bumbling college kids to take Smoky out...what's up with that?

I hate to....On second though as far as this topic goes, I love (and feel I've won a gold for it) to sound like a snivelling weenie, but I can't wait for Lost to end if they are gonna keep pulling this crap.

What's next...Hurley gonna be heading off to take on Smoky one on one only to choke to death on a twinkie he finds lying in the woods?

There is an episode coming up called "What they died for." So there is a reason why they had to die.

Sayid came back because MIB brought him back to life. However he didn't anticipate Sayid's good side would over power his bad side. Sayid has struggled with being good/bad his whole life. His death was a final act of redemption. Also his choice to save Desmond's life is very important.

Jin and Sun were meant to be together. In life or death. Their sacrifice shows true love at it's purest.

Lapidis was meant to be a "transporter" of the survivors. He has a been there to get them where they need to be. They are meant to be on the island, so now he purpose is over.

I think self sacrifice i.e Sayid, Jin, Charlie, Juliet etc has a significant efeect on future events and is vital to the survival of the island. And therefore the survival of the world.

Jack faith was the hardest to gain. Yet it is stronger than anyone's now. His will to never give up coupled with his belief makes him the perfect candidate. John's blind faith made him week. From the beginning the show has been about Jack, now we know why.

The next episode is "Across the Sea" and it seems to deal with Jacob and MIB only. We will get to see their origins.

That's awesome info that I in my entire life would never have figured out.

I hope you had help with all of that otherwise, if not, you should be in a position of great importance.

That certainly sums up a lot of my complaints and wish you were here a while ago to calm me the hell down....don't go away.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 6 2010, 04:36 PM)
Damn! 

I'm pissed off.

TOTAL BULLSHITE!!!!

That's awesome info that I in my entire life would never have figured out.

I hope you had help with all of that otherwise, if not, you should be in a position of great importance.

That certainly sums up a lot of my complaints and wish you were here a while ago to calm me the hell down....don't go away.

laugh.gif That's all my interpretation. Thanks dude. If you are confused about anything, I'll give you my opinion. It might not be correct but I think I know where things are going.

And Jack, I'm around sometimes but I don't post that much anymore. Nice to see ya! trink39.gif

You know what I think........

I think the MIB, and Charles Widmore are in league together, and Widmore is not trying to protect the Candidates..

MIB knew the bomb was on the plane before he entered it....... After killing two (sadly) outmatched guards, he takes the watch off of one of them, this watch later became the timer on the bomb that MIB macgyvered up and placed in Jacks bag...

But note, he took the watch before he entered the plane.... how would he know to take watch if he did not know already that the bomb was on the plane?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2010, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 11 2010, 10:13 PM)
Yet another episode with "answers" that only raise more questions. This show is maddening!  laugh.gif

Still there were some major revelations.

Oh, to be sure. Its just that every time they give us answers, it only surfaces to raise yet another question for me

Its like, ok I got that answered, but damn, now I have to wonder about this... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 11 2010, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2010, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 11 2010, 10:13 PM)
Yet another episode with "answers" that only raise more questions. This show is maddening!  laugh.gif

Still there were some major revelations.

Oh, to be sure. Its just that every time they give us answers, it only surfaces to raise yet another question for me

Its like, ok I got that answered, but damn, now I have to wonder about this... laugh.gif

I hear ya man.

Hard to believe only 2 nights left in the whole thing

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2010, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (Signals1982 @ May 11 2010, 10:41 PM)
Fantastic episode!

It was. yes.gif

This was first time I watched the show live with the commercials (I'm visiting friends out of town).

God that was sooo annoying with the commercials!! Talk about ruining the flow of the show.

Never again.

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2010, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2010, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (Signals1982 @ May 11 2010, 10:41 PM)
Fantastic episode!

It was. yes.gif

This was first time I watched the show live with the commercials (I'm visiting friends out of town).

God that was sooo annoying with the commercials!! Talk about ruining the flow of the show.

Never again.

That is so true!

Dear Writers and Producers of Lost,

In the future when f'ing your dedicated fans who have stuck with you for so many years, please use more Astroglide.

After last nights episode I feel like I have been ass raped with a flaming porcupine.

Thanks,

A dedicated fan

Edited by Some Half-Forgotten Stranger

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 12 2010, 07:27 AM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ May 12 2010, 06:35 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2010, 10:52 PM)
They sure want to keep us from knowing the MIB's real name!!!  laugh.gif

rage.gif

Esau

I don't recall him being addressed as this name. Esau is just speculation because of the biblical connection but it is not neccessarily his name I don't think.

* Possible poilers and speculation ahead *

Okay. So my thoughts after an excruciatingly slow episode that only really managed to let us know who Adam & Eve are. Nice explanation that I dare say no one could have guessed.

But that was the only thing that was explained, everything else is still a mystery...which could ultimately be the point of the show. I'm just about convinced we will never really know what the island is, who/what the smoke monster is and why so many candidates were selected.

Theories & guesses: MIB is not Jacob's brother but the smoke monster that used his body like it's using Locke's body. What smokey is and why it was released when Jacob's brother flowed into the tunnel I have only the wildest of guesses; that the tunnel holds life & death and that somehow death was released by Jacob's foolish act of killing his brother and putting the body in the water.

It seems pretty clear that Jacob's "mother" was trapped as the island's protector and was ready to die if she could sucker one of them to take over. What the wine is I have no idea but it seemed to let Jacob know what he had to do, maybe it was immortal life? Who knows?

Jack is the replacement & maybe, maybe he & Kate are going to stay there together after everyone else is dead. There seems to be no getting off the island alive.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 12 2010, 06:45 AM)

In the future when f'ing your dedicated fans who have stuck with you for so many years, please use more Astroglide.

After last nights episode I feel like I have been ass raped with a flaming porcupine.

Thanks,
A dedicated fan

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 12 2010, 06:45 AM)

Thanks,
A dedicated fan

Again I ask....If you KNOW you are going to be disappointed why are you bothering to watch it at all? confused13.gif

It's just a TV show....take it for what it is and enjoy it tongue.gif

This show is probably going to be like real life....a great big mystery which leaves pondering things forever.