Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 1 2010, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 1 2010, 07:03 PM)
Just finished up season 5 and this show has sucked me in to the bitter end. I'm now debating weather to watch the season opener tomorrow or wait until season 6 comes out on dvd....tough choice trink39.gif

I think you are stuck now and need to continue watching!

tempted.gif

Before the premiere we will be watching the last three episodes plus the recap episode, so that will be plenty excitement builder for tomorrow! Better go get started!

yeah i'm leaning that way but it's been enjoyable watching the first 5 seasons commercial free. popcorn.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 1 2010, 07:14 PM)
Just finished up season 5 and this show has sucked me in to the bitter end. I'm now debating weather to watch the season opener tomorrow or wait until season 6 comes out on dvd....tough choice trink39.gif

tempted.gif

Before the premiere we will be watching the last three episodes plus the recap episode, so that will be plenty excitement builder for tomorrow! Better go get started!

yeah i'm leaning that way but it's been enjoyable watching the first 5 seasons commercial free. popcorn.gif trink39.gif

FWIW the DVD for Season 6 is apparently coming out in August rather than December like the past seasons....So if you do go the DVD route you won't have to wait as long trink39.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

What an Utterly Mind blowing premier...

----------SPOILERS AHEAD---------------------------------

So there is an alternate timeline....as well as a timeline that follows the characters as we know them........cool, I can roll with that...in fact my favorite scene came from a what I guess we can call a "flash-sideways", in the alternate timeline when we see Jack and John in LAX's lost luggage department..... their whole conversation there was really great.

SPOILER ALERT

This show drives me nuts. Here I couldn't wait for the season to start so that in a few weeks it will FINALLY be over, and after one episode I don't want it to end......well not yet anyway.

With the introduction of even MORE characters, and locations, and barely addressing so many of the other people who have just sort of disappeared wtf.gif it looks as if maybe we might not really get all of the answers so many of us crave angry.gif ......well not yet anyway.

I really like the "what if the plane never crashed" parallel story line that started applaudit.gif , and like Owl, I too liked the scene in the airport between Jack and Locke and actually foresee them becoming good friends trink39.gif as opposed to adversaries on the Island, but what do I know.

I could have done without the half hour of trying to save Juliete banghead.gif , although I liked her character I was completely at peace with her being vaporized at the end of last season. And that whole Jacob/ Man In Black story tempted.gif is freakin' awesome.

I guess Locke really is dead fists crying.gif !!!! And although my wife called it way early in the episode (and I conveniently forgot...amazing how often I conveniently forget what she tells me doh.gif ) you just know Jacob has taken over the now dead fists crying.gif Sahid.

Well it will be an interesting ride, and I hope we get some answers, and I hope all ends well for evrybody, and I hope we get to see Kate in more business attire drool1.gif but 'til then I can't wait until next week.

SPOILER ALERT

It was awesome! Some things are really falling into place. I like that we finally have an explanation for for the Smoke Monster.

I keep going back to the first season when Locke and Walt are playing backgammon, and Locke explains the the battle of opposites. The good and evil if you will, between Jacob and the Mystery man.

Where is home for him? Heaven? Hell? Another world?

Good to see Charlie again! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

SPOILER

WOW! Locke is dead!? Jack lands in L.A. without his father's coffin, that one threw me right there. I was bracing for impact and it never came.

Glad I watched the show before that brought you up to date. Made all the different sequences flow together, instead of trying to remember each scene throughout the past 6 years.

Wow! What an episode, what can I say really? A whole lot of new elements introduced and a few explanations wrapped up... this will be an interesting season to say the least...

A great recap of the episode here for those interested in reviewing the nitty gritty and theories on WTF is going on in Lost-land.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/02/best-o...recap.html#more

And I have to mention how *outraged* I am with the ABC network we watched it on last night. Even during the 1 hour recap special that preceded the new episode this dumb (*#@@$#%ing advertisement comes on for the local news at 11, claiming they will show a sneak peek of NEXT WEEKS episode. Well during that commercial they showed f**king clips of THIS weeks that really blew a lot of it for us, we couldn't frigging believe it. SOmeone at that network should be fired, castrated or have their 4 main limbs broken for that, we're still fuming. angry.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 3 2010, 02:47 PM)
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Godeater2112/lost.jpg

NICE Portal reference! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 2 2010, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 1 2010, 07:14 PM)

tempted.gif

FWIW the DVD for Season 6 is apparently coming out in August rather than December like the past seasons....So if you do go the DVD route you won't have to wait as long trink39.gif

Leaf game was on Tuesday but i broke down and watched it tonight on Space.....Freaking show just keeps getting more puzzling as it moves on trink39.gif

That was a mind blower.

SPOILER!

Glad Locke is really dead. He was a pain in the hole. He looks like my brother. Who is also a pain in the hole. Hmmmm.

And may I say, Kate is hyper-FOXY this series.

Did you guys get the 2 hour episode?

It flew by. Roll on next week!

I swore i would never watch this show. My friend said "just watch the 1st season and make your judgement" so i did....and watched seasons 1-5 in 3 weeks. the 1st episode of 6 was AMAZZZINNN.

Ok for the first time since the show started, my wife and I are...

wait for it...

COMPLETELY CAUGHT UP! biggrin.gif

We didn't start watching Lost until a couple of years ago, and now we just finished the last episode of season 5 earlier today, as well as the mindblowing 2-hour premier of season 6. We'll actually be watching tonight at the same time as other people!

This show is just crazy good. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 1 2010, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 1 2010, 01:43 PM)
My wife and I are cruising through season 5 on netflix, but we won't get done before the season premier, or perhaps even the 2nd show.  Does anyone know if the first show or two will be available on ABC online shortly after they air? confused13.gif

Usually the episodes appear the morning after they air, on both ABC.com and on Hulu.com (which I prefer, alot easier to use than ABC's site)

But don't get too far behind, both ABC and Hulu only keep the 5 or 6 most recent episodes online at one time.

After you posted this I forgot I had a DVR, so we have it set to record this season. doh.gif blush4.gif

This past episode was decent...... a certain slow down. but not much so.

Alot of people seem to hate Kate centric episodes, for some reason, and hate Kate altogether, on various LOST forums and podcasts. (I post as FOUND2112 over on the lostpedia forums FYI).

I don't hate Kate, but I agree that the "Kate was a convict/fugitive" story arc was played out by the beginning of season 3, and that they have not found anything for her character to do since that point. The love triangle is played out as well, and I hope they do not re-tread those waters.

Kate's character does have some promise with the whole Aaron/Claire story arc, and I hope that plays out... But the Character of Kate needs some direction by the writers, for an episode that was titled "What Kate Does" she really did not do much at all, as has the character overall since the end of season 3.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 10 2010, 11:44 PM)

Alot of people seem to hate Kate centric episodes, for some reason, and hate Kate altogether, on various LOST forums and podcasts. (I post as FOUND2112 over on the lostpedia forums FYI).

I don't hate Kate, but I agree that the "Kate was a convict/fugitive" story arc was played out by the beginning of season 3, and that they have not found anything for her character to do since that point. The love triangle is played out as well, and I hope they do not re-tread those waters.

Kate's character does have some promise with the whole Aaron/Claire story arc, and I hope that plays out... But the Character of Kate needs some direction by the writers, for an episode that was titled "What Kate Does" she really did not do much at all, as has the character overall since the end of season 3.

It wasn't as strong an episode as the opener, but it moved the story along and was interesting. Even a lesser episode of Lost is still pretty great. yes.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2010, 01:12 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 10 2010, 11:44 PM)

I don't hate Kate, but I agree that the "Kate was a convict/fugitive" story arc was played out by the beginning of season 3, and that they have not found anything for her character to do since that point.  The love triangle is played out as well, and I hope they do not re-tread those waters. 

Kate's character does have some promise with the whole Aaron/Claire story arc, and I hope that plays out...  But the Character of Kate needs some direction by the writers, for an episode that was titled "What Kate Does" she really did not do much at all, as has the character overall since the end of season 3.

It wasn't as strong an episode as the opener, but it moved the story along and was interesting. Even a lesser episode of Lost is still pretty great. yes.gif smile.gif

Except for the season 3 episode "Stranger in A strange Land"

What a horrible episode........ Jack's tattoos explained......WOW, I so wanted to know that.

This last episode SUCKED!!!!

After his "death" Sayid has turned into a wuss!!!

Commercials!!!????..... Can ya cram anymore of 'em into one hour??

And this new "what if" timeline....I'm over it already, who the hell cares...show me what the hell is going on the island!!

These new "others"...or are they the "other, others", and the people still on the beach? Are they the "other, other, others"...and the people Locke was supposed to lead??? Who, and where they hell are they??? Too many new characters, and they aren't even that intigueing.

If last night episode is going to be what the rest of the season is like, it's a damn shame Jughead didn't waste everyone.

On a lighter note, Sawyer (or is he stictly James Ford now?) was pretty good, can't blame him for being really pissed off....wonder if he lets his fear and anger turn him to the dark side ala Anakin Skywalker.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Feb 11 2010, 04:26 AM)
This last episode SUCKED!!!!

After his "death" Sayid has turned into a wuss!!!

Commercials!!!????..... Can ya cram anymore of 'em into one hour??

And this new "what if" timeline....I'm over it already, who the hell cares...show me what the hell is going on the island!!

These new "others"...or are they the "other, others", and the people still on the beach? Are they the "other, other, others"...and the people Locke was supposed to lead??? Who, and where they hell are they??? Too many new characters, and they aren't even that intigueing.

If last night episode is going to be what the rest of the season is like, it's a damn shame Jughead didn't waste everyone.

On a lighter note, Sawyer (or is he stictly James Ford now?) was pretty good, can't blame him for being really pissed off....wonder if he lets his fear and anger turn him to the dark side ala Anakin Skywalker.

I think they alternate timeline thing is fascinating. I'm sure it's going somewhere interesting.

Maybe you should just stop watching it. wink.gif

doh.gif

knew the curiousity wasn't worth it - only on S1E13 - watching like 4 - 8 episodes a day (on hulu) in hopes to catch up to at least get to S6E10ish in time to be able to experience the show with everyone else

I hate being excluded from this kind of stuff sad.gif

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 13 2010, 06:25 PM)
Question:

From season 2 on, do they continue showing those flashbacks that at this point - are completely irrelevant? (currently on S1E23)

It would spoil it for you if anything is said. All I can say is keep watching as they are very relevant to the whole story. There is WAY lots of stuff going on in the story for you to take in so keep with it.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Feb 13 2010, 04:25 PM)
Question:

From season 2 on, do they continue showing those flashbacks that at this point - are completely irrelevant? (currently on S1E23)

You can always figure that anything unusual done on the show will be relevant at some point and make sense later on...