Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 17 2009, 10:12 AM)
That was a rough 2 weeks... phew it finally over!

Is anyone else still watching... not many comments on this thread for this season confused13.gif

yeah, just waiting for this week's episode. watched the pop-up video one from last week and have a zillion questions now but I think I have that whole "3 years earlier / 3 years later" thing straightened out. rofl3.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...'bout time....Wonder how Ben is gonna F things up tonight.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 18 2009, 04:28 PM)

They'll get to the Barraks... Hurley will see young Ben, and guess what he will say...

"Dude" ..

I am anticipating a high "Dude" count tonight? laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 18 2009, 07:15 PM)

They'll get to the Barraks... Hurley will see young Ben, and guess what he will say...

"Dude" ..

Can't go wrong with that bet.....Were there an unbelievable amount of commercials in the last episode or what?

I'll bet there are 29 miutes of commercials per episode.....I was disappointed last night with the episode because nothing really happened because of all the f'in commercials...thank God for DVR.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 19 2009, 08:04 PM)

"Dude" ..

Can't go wrong with that bet.....Were there an unbelievable amount of commercials in the last episode or what?

I'll bet there are 29 miutes of commercials per episode.....I was disappointed last night with the episode because nothing really happened because of all the f'in commercials...thank God for DVR.

Spoilers below if you haven't seen the March 18th show

I thought it was a very disappointing episode. How can Ben be on one island as a grown up and a boy on the other? How can Sun not have been pulled off of the plane like the others? How can Jack, once the main protagonist of the show, get all of 5 good lines every other episode, and now will be a janitor, under Sawyer? Why is Christian, an alcoholic surgeon for the first three seasons be this spectre now telling everyone what the hell to do? Why do the producers/directors/writers bring in so many new characters to the series with so many loose ends to tie up?

It's getting tiresome for me, sadly. This used to be my favorite show.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 18 2009, 06:15 PM)

"Dude" ..

"Dude your English is awesome."

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Mar 17 2009, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 17 2009, 10:12 AM)
That was a rough 2 weeks... phew it finally over!

Is anyone else still watching... not many comments on this thread for this season confused13.gif

yeah, just waiting for this week's episode. watched the pop-up video one from last week and have a zillion questions now but I think I have that whole "3 years earlier / 3 years later" thing straightened out. rofl3.gif

http://www.supertechnogirl.com/images/riflepix/TargetBlackAnimated.gif

Pretty good, but if you work on your breath control a little more you won't be all over the target as much. Take half a breath and hold it before every shot.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 19 2009, 06:04 PM)

"Dude" ..

It was a "stage setting" episode.... It was good, slow... but good.

I felt it was trying to set the stage for some things to come.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Mar 19 2009, 07:49 PM)

How can Ben be on one island as a grown up and a boy on the other?

Sawyer, Jack, Kate (Young Ben) and crew are in 1977.... Ben, Sun, Locke are in 2007 or 2008 (not too sure on that

How can Sun not have been pulled off of the plane like the others?
No Clue, I guess we'll find out later

How can Jack, once the main protagonist of the show, get all of 5 good lines every other episode, and now will be a janitor, under Sawyer?

It'll be intresting to see how the dynamics change now that they're back together, and I bet Sawyer had a hand in Jack's Job placment...letting Jack know who's boss now laugh.gif .

Why is Christian, an alcoholic surgeon for the first three seasons be this spectre now telling everyone what the hell to do?

That is still another mystery... patients my good sir... An answer will come.

Why do the producers/directors/writers bring in so many new characters to the series with so many loose ends to tie up?

I kind of agree with you on the Ajira people (People on the Second plane that Lapedius crash landed)....I don't know how important these people are...we know squat about them

But I think the DHARMA people needed to be seen and explained.... Im looking foward to it!

It's getting tiresome for me, sadly.  This used to be my favorite show.

The show is overall moving into answer mode... There are only 24 more episodes left in the series (8 more in season 5)....

Sorry its been a while since Ive been checking this thread. Been watching with enthusiasm. The wife and I have agreed to let the DVR capture the first 30 minutes and start watching it delayed due to the sheer volume of commercials. Watching 3 seasons on DVD totally spoiled us. Plus, the "pause" time gives my wife and I a chance to say things like "Ok, now wait..." and insert the random I'm-so-Lost-here-I-completely-forgot-what-I-actually-remember question. That sort of sums up this season so far. I'm definitely hooked, as Ive been all along, but its been more of a struggle to identify the "AH-HA!" moments in this season, especially the off-island stuff and now the on-island but who knows what time period stuff.

SPOILERS BELOW for those who arent up to current episode

I thought the Locke episode was really the best episode so far. The whole suicide/murder thing with Ben is sure to stoke future episodes when they are properly reunited. Took some time for me to understand the placement of people on the island(s) now that its clear there is a main island and another smaller island, but I saw the whole time difference thing coming before Sun & Ben landed on the main island in a different time period. The big question is obviously what now and how is she going to find her way to Jin.

I think the value of having the Ajira passengers part of the story is that it helps solidify the present from the past, and in a way sort of shows how this cycle that is repeating itself (plane crashes and people find island) is repeated....for how long has it been going on? thats another great question....

We now have a 30-year gap and the tables have completely turned with Jack and Sawyer. Jack is now the confused one. Whereas Sawyer used to look to Jack for answers "Now what, Chief?" the shoe is clearly on the other foot now with Sawyer controlling the plan (and fate) of the new Dharma recruits.

You gotta hand it to the producers of this show for weaving such an intricate fabric that still has you wondering whats next. I cant say theres ever been another program I have been so interested in for so long. Just roll with it.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 26 2009, 08:07 AM)
ohmy.gif WHAT AN ENDING! ohmy.gif

Hard frickin' core.

I have long suspected that Ben Linus is truly evil. It was nice to finally have confirmation.

There is no way that last night's ending will turn out like it looked... (being vague to avoid spoilers smile.gif)

Farraday has said time and again that they can't change the past, even if they wanted too.

Still, that was a total "OMG!!!" ending smile.gif

as soon as i saw the ending i immediately thought of how the writers can get around it. I hope they dont punk out and actually let you know who you know what. That would make for an interesting couple of next episodes.

QUOTE (OldRod @ Mar 26 2009, 12:53 PM)
There is no way that last night's ending will turn out like it looked... (being vague to avoid spoilers smile.gif)

Farraday has said time and again that they can't change the past, even if they wanted too.

Still, that was a total "OMG!!!" ending smile.gif

SPOILER!!!!

I agree with the Faraday stuff...although young ben is dead(?)...the old evil ben is still alive....but which time is he in?

Spoilers below for anyone who is not caught up smile.gif

Old Ben is in the "present" with Locke, Sun and Lapidus.

My guess is that Young Ben will survive this event (or the island will resurrect him), but this is what turns him to "evil" Ben. I'm surprised he hasn't let on that he remembered Sayid in the future though... But with Ben's facial expressions, it's hard to know what he's thinking sometimes smile.gif

QUOTE (OldRod @ Mar 27 2009, 07:27 PM)
Spoilers below for anyone who is not caught up smile.gif

Old Ben is in the "present" with Locke, Sun and Lapidus.

My guess is that Young Ben will survive this event (or the island will resurrect him), but this is what turns him to "evil" Ben. I'm surprised he hasn't let on that he remembered Sayid in the future though... But with Ben's facial expressions, it's hard to know what he's thinking sometimes smile.gif

Ooh! Cool theory!

This show is pissing me off!!!!!

I am really getting frustrated because of all of the new craziness when there is so much old craziness still to be straightened out.

Spoilers:

Wouldn't Ben, if dead in the 70's, cause Ben in the present to cease to exist?

It's all so confusing banghead.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Mar 28 2009, 07:11 AM)

I am really getting frustrated because of all of the new craziness when there is so much old craziness still to be straightened out.

Spoilers:

If Temporal Paradoxes are allowed... but according to Faraday they are not.

I say that he's not dead....

I think that whats is going along is an Ontological paradox. A Temporal paradox is one in which a time traveler causes a "change" in history, and alters and creates new timelines. An Ontological paradox is where the time traver goes back in time and "CAUSES" history... this is what I think is going on in lost

For example if a time traveler goes back in time and kills Hitler... a temporal paradox is created..

But

If a time traveler goes back in time, attempts to kill Hitler, fails but as a result of the attempted murder Hitler rises to do what he has done historically... This is an Ontological paradox... The Time traveler did not "change" history... he "causes" history.. a big difference...

And what I think is happening on LOST... they are not changing history.......they are causing history.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 28 2009, 09:52 PM)

Spoilers:

I think that whats is going along is an Ontological paradox. A Temporal paradox is one in which a time traveler causes a "change" in history, and alters and creates new timelines. An Ontological paradox is where the time traver goes back in time and "CAUSES" history... this is what I think is going on in lost

For example if a time traveler goes back in time and kills Hitler... a temporal paradox is created..

But

If a time traveler goes back in time, attempts to kill Hitler, fails but as a result of the attempted murder Hitler rises to do what he has done historically... This is an Ontological paradox... The Time traveler did not "change" history... he "causes" history.. a big difference...

And what I think is happening on LOST... they are not changing history.......they are causing history.

That sounds good to me, but there is no way you came up witht hat stuff yourself tongue.gif ...you should have quoted the person on the lost blog sites you visit for that last post. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 29 2009, 06:00 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 28 2009, 09:52 PM)

Spoilers:

But

That sounds good to me, but there is no way you came up witht hat stuff yourself tongue.gif ...you should have quoted the person on the lost blog sites you visit for that last post. biggrin.gif

1. Yes I look at lost blogs.... and post on them as well...well on Lostpedia mainly

2. I actually did know the paradox stuff...................I watch a looooooooooot of science fiction....

Another Temporal Paradox: Marty interfering with his parents first meeting endangers his existance.... he corrects his problem but his interference did cause a change in his current life (though it was for the better: Back to The Future

Another Ontological paradox: The first terminator (in T1) is crushed by Sarah Connor... the arm and the microchip of that terminator is recovered by cyberdyne systems that is used for the development of SKYNET.... thus the terminator traveling back ensured its own existance...the terminator caused history

...................once again........a lot of science fiction right here new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I can't wait for the followup to last week's episode tonight!

I unfortunatly will miss the airing tonight, but my first class on Thursday is cancelled....... I will watch it tomorrow morning online!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2009, 12:57 PM)
I can't wait for the followup to last week's episode tonight!

I unfortunatly will miss the airing tonight, but my first class on Thursday is cancelled....... I will watch it tomorrow morning online!

OH MY GOD!!!!!

SAWYERS DEAD!!!!!!

April fools