Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding last night's episode:

If Sayyid thought that the compass Locke gave him was defective, then why did he simply not check it against the one he made? Or did he?

My 'monster' theory: I am leaning towards the theory that 'Lost' is a retelling of Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'. The insane French woman may be Ariel gone mad, and the 'monster' may be her dark side manifesting itself. Also, perhaps the mysterious man who kidnapped the pregnant woman is Caliban. I wonder who will be Prospero? Could the hatch be the entrance to Prospero's cave under seal? What do you guys think? Is any of this feasible, or am I talking through my hat?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2005, 01:34 PM)

If Sayyid thought that the compass Locke gave him was defective, then why did he simply not check it against the one he made? Or did he?

My 'monster' theory: I am leaning towards the theory that 'Lost' is a retelling of Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'. The insane French woman may be Ariel gone mad, and the 'monster' may be her dark side manifesting itself. Also, perhaps the mysterious man who kidnapped the pregnant woman is Caliban. I wonder who will be Prospero? Could the hatch be the entrance to Prospero's cave under seal? What do you guys think? Is any of this feasible, or am I talking through my hat?

Jack, in all seriousness, your scope of knowledge never fails to impress. But I think you're giving these guys way too much credit. Any parallels between the two I think are merely coincidental. These guys just want to put on a show that gets ratings and makes money (not an indictment). But that's just cynical ol' me. cool.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2005, 10:34 AM)

That's an interesting theory Jack. The hole I find in your theory is that the monster grabbed the pilot out of the cockpit up in a tree in one of the first episodes. It also makes a lot of noise when it walks, ground shaking etc...The first time they heard it was from the beach at night. It would have to be pretty big to be heard over the ocean.

About the comapss being defective, I thought the same thing about testing it against the one he made.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2005, 01:34 PM)

Interesting theory Jack, and I don't have an opinion because I can't remember most of the basis of The Tempest....perhaps a reread is in order.

I'm starting to think that the island makes people have hyper-real hallucinations based on the "skeletons in their closet"...this week's episode had the most realistic hallucination so far in which the guy actually had conversations with his "sister" as they were being chased by the monster. Locke seems to have it all figured out, but I'm still pretty confused....and lovin' it:haz:

Finaly got around to watching the latest episode last night and have got to say that it was one of the best yet.

However, something sturck both me and the wife while watching it - while the big noisy monster thing was chasing Shannon and Boone, we both commented that the sound it made seemed to be mechanical in nature. Plus, if I remember right, a similar comment was made by Rose in the pilot episode.

We've drawn no conclusions from this, just thought it was interesting to point out.

All right, after watching tonight's episode, I have two words:

DAMMIT, CHARLIE!

OK, I'm done......

Yeah I'm the same way Schro. I've seen only one episode in it's entirety. None since. I caught a bit of last night's and saw what Charlie did. Problem is... I don't know who this man is, what he's done, why they wanted him, etc.

I wish I could just know all of the major plot lines and events. It would be so helpful. I guess I could search Lost out on Google - but whatever 'web' time I have.... I spend here. laugh.gif

Hey, in case I really can't wait that long, can one of you web-slingin' folks hook me up with how to get it from the web? I'm bit-torrent challenged, or whatever you use, but I might be interested.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 10 2005, 12:16 PM)

I guess I could search Lost out on Google - but whatever 'web' time I have.... I spend here.  laugh.gif

You kill me paganoman. rofl3.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 10 2005, 12:26 PM)
Hey, in case I really can't wait that long, can one of you web-slingin' folks hook me up with how to get it from the web?  I'm bit-torrent challenged, or whatever you use, but I might be interested.

Slaine is your man. He downloads the eps.

How 'bout it, Slaine? Can you help Schro out here?

Edited by Jack Aubrey

SLAINE!!!!! CALLING SLAINE!!!!!

I just need the 5 minute catch up. How does someone who never watched Lost, hop on mid way??????

biggrin.gif

Here's a link to ABC's "Lost" episode guide. It's a lot of reading with 15 eps so far, also it's white-on-black text, so I'd copy it to word or something if you are prone to eyestrain like me.

"Lost"

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 10 2005, 12:37 PM)

I just need the 5 minute catch up.  How does someone who never watched Lost, hop on mid way??????

biggrin.gif

Sheesh pag, it's almost like Slain doesn't spend his whole day monitoring this forum.

What's up with that? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 10 2005, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 10 2005, 12:37 PM)

I just need the 5 minute catch up.  How does someone who never watched Lost, hop on mid way??????

biggrin.gif

Sheesh pag, it's almost like Slain doesn't spend his whole day monitoring this forum.

What's up with that? ohmy.gif

Hoping he hears me across the pond. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 10 2005, 12:50 PM)
Here's a link to ABC's "Lost" episode guide. It's a lot of reading with 15 eps so far, also it's white-on-black text, so I'd copy it to word or something if you are prone to eyestrain like me.

"Lost"

Thanks Jack - I've read 8 of the 15 episodes. I'm hooked.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 10 2005, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 10 2005, 12:50 PM)

"Lost"

Thanks Jack - I've read 8 of the 15 episodes. I'm hooked.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 14 2005, 03:28 PM)
Seeing as how there's such an interest in Lost, I'd be glad to copy the episodes we've got for people. If you're interested, just PM and I'll let you have my address.

Here we have yet another reason why Slaine is such an asset to this forum. This is a very generous and kind gesture on your part, Slaine. I applaud and thank you for it. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 15 2005, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 14 2005, 03:28 PM)
Seeing as how there's such an interest in Lost, I'd be glad to copy the episodes we've got for people.  If you're interested, just PM and I'll let you have my address.

Here we have yet another reason why Slaine is such an asset to this forum. This is a very generous and kind gesture on your part, Slaine. I applaud and thank you for it. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

ph34r.gif

For those who want to download lost I recommend www.tvtorrents.com (and try using Burst instead of Bit-Torrent, it works better)

Look out this week, it's Hurley's ep (at last!!) but after that we don't get a new ep on ABC until 13th April

If you want spoilers I recommend www.lost-tv.com

Everyone who saw last weeks ep, did you notice Hurley on the tv when Jin delivered the 'message' first time....

SPOILER ALERT -

ep 19 'Deus Ex Machine' - Boone gets concerned when Locke suffers physical difficulties while they're trying to get into the hatch. Jack is reluctant to help Sawyer when he develops extremely painful headaches. Michael and Jin have touble communicating re the raft. It's a Locke-centric ep, and we find out how Locke was paralized 'interrelating' with events surrounding the hatch

ep 20 'Do No Harm' - Claire goes into labour and Charlie panics, Locke goes missing, Jack tends to a wounded survivor and Sayid presents Shannon with a 'romantic surprise'. Jack-centric ep.

Speculation is that Locke loses the use of his legs and gets trapped in the hatch, Charlie may well be the one to deliver Claire's baby, if he manages to control his panic. It's possible that Boone is the injured survivor, and that he will die, and the blame will be placed on Locke as it is something to do with the hatch that he insisted no-one be told about. There is a debate as to whether the character that is going to die will do so during the finale or before.

General Spoilers - Watch with Kristin reports that one of the regular 14 dies by season's end (uncertain if this means before the season finale, or during the season finale). The character who dies is male, and "It's not (Dominic Monaghan). But I can tell you that this person is well-loved, well-featured and, well, doomed. It is one of the 14 series regulars--one of the biggest characters--and the episode is guaranteed to make you bawl your ever-lovin' eyes out. Also, Kristin claims that he dies because "basically, something catastrophic happens, and because someone lies about what happened, the victim ultimately can't be saved." It also sounds like Claire will give birth during the episode this male character dies: "Yes (we will see Claire pop the baby before season's end), and let's just say that episode is all about the circle of life."

As for the season finale, this is what Watch with Kristin has to say: "We'll go back to the very beginning, when they all boarded the plane. Also...Ha! Love it! Just got a call from a source who wanted to spread this word to you: There's buzz over at camp Lost that there's going to be an episode from the perspective of the dog, Vincent! And it's actually very relevant, because we see what happened in the cargo hold."

CrewPix has some behind-the-scenes pictures of Lost filming future episodes. In this picture, Hurley crosses a rope bridge just before it breaks (could this scene be from "Numbers"?). In this picture, it seems that the hatch has been revealed. And finally, in the two pictures here and here, we see a plane which has also crashed on the island. Apparently, Boone finds a cache of drugs in the downed plane.

Thanks to http://www.lost-tv.com/spoilers/ for the General Spoilers.