Cross posters why r u/why aren't u?

Tom Sawyer

I dont cross post..i just post here..i have been to CP but never signed up..just looked around..and in my opinion the place looked disorganized and crazy to me..and this place was way easier for me to navigate when i first joined so...yea i picked this one smile.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ May 12 2006, 04:01 PM)
the place looked disorganized and crazy

That's the only thing CP and me really have in common. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I didn't even know this board existed until a couple months ago.

Like I said somewhere else, one reason I prefer CP is that it tends not to be as busy with all the pictures and animations in the sigs, so it is easier for me to browse at work and not look so obviously like I am screwing around.

What TRF and CP really need is a skin that just shows the text from posts - no avatars, sigs, etc... and makes it look like an Excel spreadsheet.

Am I the only one with this problem??

Otherwise this seems like a great place!!

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ May 12 2006, 07:01 PM)
i have been to CP but never signed up..just looked around..and in my opinion the place looked disorganized and crazy to me..

It's actually pretty well organized over there. Just takes some getting used to.

All the Rush boards are doing well because they're different from each other. Different boards for different folks. If they were all the same, what would be the point? wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 13 2006, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ May 13 2006, 03:07 PM)
no, i completely agree wh.  frankly, the graphics at this place make me want to set my eyes on fire at times.  subtlety, thy name is not rush forum.

Thanks!

hey, it's a stylistic thing... just not my thing. i wish there were a way of turning off the images under the avatars (the maps and corresponding post # icons) and to turn off the images in the sigs without turning off the sigs themselves, that way i could read what people wanted to say without the large graphics.

i'm already on the blue skin... the grey is much easier on the eyes smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 13 2006, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (feelingwithyourskin @ May 13 2006, 03:07 PM)
no, i completely agree wh.  frankly, the graphics at this place make me want to set my eyes on fire at times.  subtlety, thy name is not rush forum.

Thanks!

bleep bleep bloop bleep bloop bleep bleep. blah.gif

i love my sig. ! everything about it ! it totally rocks ! yes.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 13 2006, 05:15 PM)
to me the graphics are a large part of the fun. if i turned off the sigs and/or avatars it would seem awfully sterile and boring, but one look at my sig will tell you why i have THAT opinion. tongue.gif

to each their own trink39.gif

I'm not saying the sigs are bad, I like them. It is just that they make it harder to view this board when I am at work, that's all.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 13 2006, 02:17 PM)
You can turn off all images actually here http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04 including smilies, avatars, etc...

There is also a different skin you can set if you go here: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=06

Thanks! That's the ticket!

I really like both boards, but I only have time for one, and so I spend most of my time at CP....

I'm at home with kids, and it's nice to have an outlet where I don't have to make myself behave.....

and the AL forum is like nothing I've seen anywhere on the 'net...

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ May 13 2006, 06:06 PM)
I really like both boards, but I only have time for one, and so I spend most of my time at CP....

I'm at home with kids, and it's nice to have an outlet where I don't have to make myself behave.....

And a big reason why is because of contributions from Viewers Like You, Patti!

trink39.gif

Thanks RR! I like the blue much better. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My first board was Weird City, then TN. I went to CP once under a different name but found it too rough for me. (When it was still on EZ Board.) I went back after a while and started posting some. After being banned from TN for posting a link to CP...well, CP became my home.

Lately I have been working so much that I barely have time for CP. Now that it is down, I am really glad you guys are here and so welcoming. I can't speak for everyone, but I sure CP would gladly reciprocate. biggrin.gif You guys here at TRF 1022.gif .

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 13 2006, 02:14 PM)
All the Rush boards are doing well because they're different from each other. Different boards for different folks. If they were all the same, what would be the point?  wink.gif

I am a cross poster and belong to three different boards. I love going to all the boards and seeing what everyone has to say. There are really great people on all the boards and I love making new Rush fan friends. smile.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (keneticdreamer @ May 14 2006, 02:48 AM)
I can't speak for everyone, but I sure CP would gladly reciprocate. biggrin.gif You guys here at TRF 1022.gif .

I agree. I invite all the TRFers over to CP for a slumber party at our place sometime soon!

QUOTE (thestand @ May 14 2006, 09:49 AM)
CP hurts my eyes. I've never wandered enough to want to change skins. I am registered though, but with no posts. I'm one of "those" guys.

I feel the same as you The Stand. I will post there one day when CP is up and running again as I only have enough time to spend on this fine board which I like a lot and I find everyone real easy going. I get told that I am on here far too much as it is and going over to CP would not be an option on a regular basis. I was on CP the other day but only to "look" and actually to send PHYSICS 23 a hello greeting.

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ May 13 2006, 03:06 PM)

Yup. AL is where I spend 90% of my time when I logged on at CP.

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ May 13 2006, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ May 13 2006, 06:06 PM)

And a big reason why is because of contributions from Viewers Like You, Patti!

trink39.gif

Oh, thanks, Michael!!!!

I really love your posts, also...you're one of the Truly Great Thinkers of CP...

wub.gif

My first home was RushTour, when The Rush Forum was created I automatically came here, I was here when it was being created and I will always be here. However, RushTour is my first home, thats where all my friends were.

When TRF was created lots of people from many other boards came here and I just didnt make friends as fast with people here, nor have I yet, so most of my posts are from over at RT. It also didnt help that I chose to leave this board for awhile, MY own personal reasons.

I have been back for awhile now, and was welcomed back very nicely but still I dont have the personal connections with people, its coming along but I have got a long way to go to making some real good close friends.

Archived