Cross posters why r u/why aren't u?

Tom Sawyer

I cross post, here, there, occasionally elsewhere.

I do it because I like to be me, here I am a mellower me, not as confrontational. I post/read at CP because there is certain peeps I like to read and share with there. I do the same here. It's a different feel, a different culture - sorta

I'm not saying you should go there or you should hang here more.

I'm just curious is all. Do you/don't you cross post?

To be honest, I was much more involved here, at first that place wink.gif seemed a bit unruley, then I started to like the unruleyness sometimes, in some ways.

Hey, we don't eat the same food everyday, we don't listen to the same music every day (ok, I do, but I'm weird) so why be exclusive about messageboards?

I like this place, I like CP, I like TRC. I visit and post/read at different times, frequencies and styles at each. When in Rome, y'know? Because they're the people that you meet when you're walking down the street, these are the people in your Rush neighborhood. Like neighbors, there is different strokes for different folks.

It's all cool! bekloppt.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tick T.R.F. posts - 3,776

tick cp posts - 150

this is home ! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I don't cross-post because I've voluntarily listened to Rush exactly once in the past three years. I'm at CP for friends that I've known for 6+ years, not for Rush. Just because I don't listen to 'em anymore doensn't mean I should stop hanging out with my buds at CP.

it seems like most people choose one as their primary or exclusive locale, but there are of course exceptions.

for me i just found a home here at TRF, and even though i enjoy CP from time to time, i never got as comfy there. i found it harder to get to know people at CP, not because there aren't plenty of friendly peeps, but just because of the sheer size of it. i'm sure if i started out there, i would have felt CP was my home. i do hope to do more posting at CP, so i can feel more at home there too. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 9 2006, 06:47 PM)
it seems like most people choose one as their primary or exclusive locale, but there are of course exceptions.

for me i just found a home here at TRF, and even though i enjoy CP from time to time, i never got as comfy there. i found it harder to get to know people at CP, not because there aren't plenty of friendly peeps, but just because of the sheer size of it. i'm sure if i started out there, i would have felt CP was my home. i do hope to do more posting at CP, so i can feel more at home there too. yes.gif

no.gif you dont. biggrin.gif

My first home is CP. Still love it there. But I find myself over here mostly now. It's a different environment. I like them both.

I like both CP and TRF. I cross post, but I tend to stick with one community over the other depending on the mood.

I've been a member at CP longer. Hell, I'm member #38 out of how many thousand?

This place is more comfy but CP is a "let it all hang out(the good, bad and ugly)" type of place.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 9 2006, 04:19 PM)
I like both CP and TRF. I cross post, but I tend to stick with one community over the other depending on the mood.

I've been a member at CP longer. Hell, I'm member #38 out of how many thousand?

This place is more comfy but CP is a "let it all hang out(the good, bad and ugly)" type of place.

interestingly, there are a handful of people - the names that come to mind at the moment are circumstantial tree and grandpa grizz, but there are others i'm not thinking of right now, who consider CP their primary home and have way more posts there. they have enough posts here, however, and spend enough time here that i consider them TRF'ers, even though for them it's a secondary distinction. no biggie, it's just an interesting thing i've noticed...

Post totals:

CP--10,000+

TRF--1500+

I love both boards, but to be honest, I find the discussions at CP more interesting. I hang out here mainly because there are a lot of people here that I like a lot. I also post at RushCon, By-Tor and TRC, and a couple of +LiVE+ boards.

The few times I have gotten on CP I was impressed with the variety of topics they have, that we don't have here. However, like others here on TRF, I guess I've kinda made this my home and just have a natural tendency to come here more. But I do have a few really good friends over on CP. Any Rush fans are awesome to me! trink39.gif

Well, as CPers know, I'm mostly interested in religion and philosophy, and we have specific forums for that there. I'm not sure how those topics would go over here.

I guess I need to hang out more and figure that out!

Something else I noticed is that this site is far more animated in terms of the visuals. I like that, but it also makes it harder to surf at work and not look so obviously like I'm not working.

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ May 9 2006, 08:56 PM)
Well, as CPers know, I'm mostly interested in religion and philosophy, and we have specific forums for that there. I'm not sure how those topics would go over here.

During my last period of philosophical/religious pondering phase I went to hang out at CP a bit for more than just taking over their version of the caption a random image game, and I met WH and really liked the place. I go through phases with religion and philosophy being a big thing in my life so I didn't hang out there too much, and then when i won a round of caption a random image just cause someone didn't like tick ( ohmy.gif go figure... tongue.gif ), I just stopped going. I may check it out again though. Everything should get second chances, eh? yes.gif

The first message board I ever joined was geddylee.net which came out just after his solo album. That board led me to CP. I first joined CP in 2000 or 2001. I stopped going there because I was distracted (in a positive way) and just got out of touch. Then last year I was thinking about CP and somehow it led me to find TRF in the summer. I've been here since

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ May 9 2006, 07:22 PM)
Simple reason, I don't have a lot of time to devote to two boards. I like both, but I came to CP first and cemented a few close friendships there. But I like to come back here and give the Geddy thread a good bump.

bumper.gif you just enjoy bumping geddy

i've lurked here before, but only signed up a few days ago... i don't know if cp is "home" but it is home to doh.gif and that's what keeps me going back. about a year and a half ago, i think i was in the top ten post count, when you adjust the artificially inflated ones to reflect reality. i've dropped off since then, but my participation there has always been cyclical. and cynical joker.gif i guess i'm there because there are people there that "get" me, which isn't easy to find. i don't feel i have to censor my personality.

speaking of... where are my dohbros? common001.gif

I tried CP but it didn't come over as welcoming to new members as here and I felt lost a bit.

Can't see me ever going back there to be honest.

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ May 9 2006, 05:56 PM)

Mostly when I've spent time on CP it was the religious forum since that doesn't exist here. Now that there's a new religious sub-forum that is even more ideal for me, I plan on visiting that when CP comes back up. Other than that, it's mostly a matter of not enough time for more than one board, but we'll see...

I've been at CP for...well, I seemed to have forgotten. I'm member 58 of the current incarnation and was a member before the big crash in '01 that forced us all to rejoin, so it's been awhile. I've always been aware of other boards--I've been banned from Tri-Nut 3 times, once as Lucid Seer and twice under alters, but CP has always been the place that's been accepting of all my different moods & behaviors.

I've lurked here as a guest a few times, but honestly found it to be a little dull. CP is the only message board of any kind that I post in and it meets my needs in everyway.

However, with CP down for so long, I have to say that I'm very thankful that TRF is here and since I've joined and started posting, no longer think it's dull. Of course, TRF is no CP, but that doesn't make either board any less or any greater; just different.

I'll probably stick around here long enough to qaulify for the political forum, just so I can see what it's like in comparison to the Unmentionables.

Archived