the not-so great mascot war of '06

Lenerd

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a confession to make. I am Terry Effy. Some of you probably knew that but I just wanted to state for the record. I was board at work and thought I would have some fun with some graphics ph34r.gif

Ya gotta admit it though Terry is a cute little bugger yes.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/sl33v/terryeffy.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 9 2006, 01:32 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 9 2006, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 9 2006, 12:55 AM)
So I thought that posting something that might start a conflict/resolution thing would be good.  We didn't get to any type of resolution because the thread got immediately closed.  Now had the jab been made FROM the jabbee... i have to question would the thread have been closed so fast?  Sorry 1... but lots of us have been the target of HER jabs and insults and NO ONE ever closed a thread over it.  I know you read your own board and I know you can't be BLIND to this.

It's time to let go of this grudge you have against Dweezil. Notice she doesn't call herself that anymore. There's a reason for that, and you obviously haven't noticed it. You don't know her well enough to say these things about her (and that includes that disgusting PM you sent). You obviously haven't noticed the person she's become in the last few months. Maybe you should read some recent posts before passing judgement. Dweezil got PLENTY of threads closed in her day. Mrs. Huck Rogers hasn't. Not one. See, I really DO read my own board! biggrin.gif

Like I said before, tick invited others to nominate candidates, Huck and Mrs. Huck did so, and the rest is history. They weren't out to sabatoge your election.

MY election??? I had barely ANYTHING to do with it 1. I've said a few times now, the mascot thing is totally NOT something i even care about, but I joined in on the fun, i didn't SHIT on it.

And don't go saying the pm was DISGUSTING either, cuz it was far from disgusting. She wanted to post it and I had NO PROBLEMS with that. YOU were the one who stopped it, so now that no one got to read it, you saying it was "disgusting" is way out of line. I didn't make ANY disgusting remarks at all in that pm, but I DID say how I feel. I don't make DISGUSTING remarks to anyone on here and YOU know that. Post the thing since it's obviously in your possession. See if anyone thinks it's "DISGUSTING".

You keep making it out to be about the election so it looks like we're being tools, but it's NOT about the election. It's just a general feeling of pissiness brought about by constant buzzkillers. I don't think anyone plotted out some kind of lenerd sabotage and could give a rat's ass if they did. But the whole thing about goobs not letting go was just more humor to add to the thing and it got stupid THEN.

Oh... my post was in reply to RR's request to openly say what was bugging me, and I DID. There's plenty of post history on here that proves I am not the one with the grudge. Maybe I don't know her well, but not from lack of trying, but there is no grudge.

Calling the pm "disgusting" but not letting it be posted is kinda libelous isn't it? I mean... that word makes it look like maybe i said some really terrible things doesn't it? But all I did was rant a little about the whole thing. But if you need to bring me down that way by trying to prejudice people's minds like that... go ahead.

Your election, his election, group election, whatever. Not important.

I maintain that you don't know Mrs. Huck well enough to say these things about her. You just claimed up there that "Maybe I don't know her well." Well, maybe you shouldn't talk that badly about people you don't know that well. That's all I'm saying.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 9 2006, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 9 2006, 01:32 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 9 2006, 12:10 AM)
So I thought that posting something that might start a conflict/resolution thing would be good.  We didn't get to any type of resolution because the thread got immediately closed.  Now had the jab been made FROM the jabbee... i have to question would the thread have been closed so fast?  Sorry 1... but lots of us have been the target of HER jabs and insults and NO ONE ever closed a thread over it.  I know you read your own board and I know you can't be BLIND to this.

It's time to let go of this grudge you have against Dweezil. Notice she doesn't call herself that anymore. There's a reason for that, and you obviously haven't noticed it. You don't know her well enough to say these things about her (and that includes that disgusting PM you sent). You obviously haven't noticed the person she's become in the last few months. Maybe you should read some recent posts before passing judgement. Dweezil got PLENTY of threads closed in her day. Mrs. Huck Rogers hasn't. Not one. See, I really DO read my own board! biggrin.gif

Like I said before, tick invited others to nominate candidates, Huck and Mrs. Huck did so, and the rest is history. They weren't out to sabatoge your election.

MY election??? I had barely ANYTHING to do with it 1. I've said a few times now, the mascot thing is totally NOT something i even care about, but I joined in on the fun, i didn't SHIT on it.

And don't go saying the pm was DISGUSTING either, cuz it was far from disgusting. She wanted to post it and I had NO PROBLEMS with that. YOU were the one who stopped it, so now that no one got to read it, you saying it was "disgusting" is way out of line. I didn't make ANY disgusting remarks at all in that pm, but I DID say how I feel. I don't make DISGUSTING remarks to anyone on here and YOU know that. Post the thing since it's obviously in your possession. See if anyone thinks it's "DISGUSTING".

You keep making it out to be about the election so it looks like we're being tools, but it's NOT about the election. It's just a general feeling of pissiness brought about by constant buzzkillers. I don't think anyone plotted out some kind of lenerd sabotage and could give a rat's ass if they did. But the whole thing about goobs not letting go was just more humor to add to the thing and it got stupid THEN.

Oh... my post was in reply to RR's request to openly say what was bugging me, and I DID. There's plenty of post history on here that proves I am not the one with the grudge. Maybe I don't know her well, but not from lack of trying, but there is no grudge.

Calling the pm "disgusting" but not letting it be posted is kinda libelous isn't it? I mean... that word makes it look like maybe i said some really terrible things doesn't it? But all I did was rant a little about the whole thing. But if you need to bring me down that way by trying to prejudice people's minds like that... go ahead.

Your election, his election, group election, whatever. Not important.

I maintain that you don't know Mrs. Huck well enough to say these things about her. You just claimed up there that "Maybe I don't know her well." Well, maybe you shouldn't talk that badly about people you don't know that well. That's all I'm saying.

you're very right. i DON'T know her well enough. I've only seen the side of her that HATES MY GUTS. laugh.gif I dunno. So since I've tried countless times, i just have to give up. DONE.

look why dont we all just calm down and admire my avitar. drool1.gif trink36.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 8 2006, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 8 2006, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 8 2006, 07:19 PM)
Necro, I have gone through the two threads (one poll, one not) and I don't see what you are talking about.  Could you please be more specific or point me to a link please?

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...40entry455969

this is where it started for him. he asked me to post this for him.

Is he at work or something?

Ok, tell him to scroll up a bit to the top of his page, long before 1001's post (which, BTW I agree with 100% at that point).

Necro's post:

Some things never change. I remember a silly poll about batman and who his girlfriend should be and THAT also turned ugly and stupid for no reason. Some of us don't have a silly bone in us and that's fine and dandy... but other's have a poop on people's silly bone and i guess that's fine too,

It just sounds like a chip on the shoulder or something, why were you so angry at this point in the thread? I am not being a wise-ass, I am really wanting to settle this, because the whole thing doesn't make sense to me... Thanks man... trink39.gif

Hey Mike. I was just relaxing listening to some new cd's while CeeJ usurps all my TRF time. laugh.gif So when she read that to me, I just told her to post for me.

It's not really a chip I don't think. Just got peeved that a silly goofy idea or thread that had no intent but to make people laugh got all stupid again for no reason. I think I've stated repeatedly that the best option when you don't want to join in with something you hate or don't understand is to avoid. But some people consistantly criticize and i'd just had enough i guess.

So I thought that posting something that might start a conflict/resolution thing would be good. We didn't get to any type of resolution because the thread got immediately closed. Now had the jab been made FROM the jabbee... i have to question would the thread have been closed so fast? Sorry 1... but lots of us have been the target of HER jabs and insults and NO ONE ever closed a thread over it. I know you read your own board and I know you can't be BLIND to this.

Anyway... i guess just seeing such a silly poll/thread that's only intent was to make people laugh get this way AGAIN, got me irked. I can't talk about RUSH 24/7. It's obvious I'm here more for the fun stuff. But you don't see me ranking on the other stuff that I don't like. That's all.

I see other's points that it's just a board and all that, especially more lately, but it's a good community and believe me i'm far from some sappy flower person, but I don't see why such hostility and snippiness is aimed at the so-called "goobcrew". Which by the way should be more appropriately the Tick KLIQ. tongue.gif

I've been told that there's a feeling of exclusion given off by us and I don't see it. I have tried my best to include everyone and been met with downright hostility in some cases. Wahhh... I know. fists crying.gif

So anyway... i guess that's how I feel on all that. Not really a chip, but chip-"ish" maybe. wink.gif Hope it helps.

trink39.gif

Well Necro, it seems you do indeed have a chip on your shoulder and you're harboring some resentment towards at the very least Mrs. Huck and the board in general - even seems resentment towards Goob for speaking his mind (kinda ironic you getting on him for that isn't it?). Nothing I can do about that. Seems this is your problem, not ours bro...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 9 2006, 04:08 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 9 2006, 06:53 AM)
look why dont we all just calm down and admire my avitar. drool1.gif  trink36.gif  laugh.gif

EXCELLENT idea. It's the best avatar ever. drool1.gif

I even like that avatar!!!

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 9 2006, 09:21 AM)
look why dont we all just calm down and admire my avitar. drool1.gif  trink36.gif  laugh.gif

ph34r.gif

yes.gif ph34r.gif laugh.gif

I have a friend that looks like that!

Imagine how I feel when we are walking down the street together tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

Imagine how I feel when we are walking down the street together

---- ------ -------- --------- ---------

listen girl dazed025.gif ...you got alot more than that... yes.gif

i've read your posts and you got it all going on!!!!! cool.gif

3 cheers for Daylin

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

o.k.....

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

keep up the great posts

goodpost.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 9 2006, 01:53 PM)

Imagine how I feel when we are walking down the street together

---- ------ -------- --------- ---------
listen girl dazed025.gif ...you got alot more than that... yes.gif
i've read your posts and you got it all going on!!!!! cool.gif

3 cheers for Daylin

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

o.k.....

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

keep up the great posts

goodpost.gif

bolt.gif

blush4.gif blush4.gif blush4.gif

biggrin.gif Thank you Ceej! wub.gif

cosmo.gif for you smile.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 9 2006, 02:15 PM)
thank you for the cosmo.gif
but i'm not allowed yet... sad.gif

how about a trink36.gif ?

i wub.gif you already!!!

sad.gif

I'm having a trink36.gif right now wink.gif

So here ya go trink36.gif laugh.gif

I've told you before I feel like I've known you from Necro posting about you! Now, seeing your posts I can see why Necro loves you! yes.gif

wub.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ May 9 2006, 02:38 PM)

ph34r.gif

Imagine how I feel when we are walking down the street together tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

c'mon daylin your not exactly chopped liver. blush4.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 9 2006, 02:30 PM)
where can i get a dancing chick for my avatar? tongue.gif

she's hot cool.gif

bolt.gif

thats not just any dancing chick , thats jessica alba. drool1.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 9 2006, 02:50 PM)

ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

Is this make Daylin blush4.gif day?! wink.gif

ty tick biggrin.gif blush4.gif I look like I've got a sunburn on my face laugh.gif

Daylin, Daylin, your smile is like the sun rising over the ocean, like a morning bird, covered in dew, singing his song of a new day, of a glorious day...

Ok, I'm no good at this icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 9 2006, 03:50 PM)

ph34r.gif

OMG....

ohmy.gif

I just checked out your pic wink.gif

Are you wacko.gif ?

Or too much cool10.gif ?

doh.gif ...Wake up CHICKIE!!!!

wink.gif (whistles....)

dazed025.gif STOP NOW!!!

YOU ARE ALL THAT + THE CHERRIES!!!

rose.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 9 2006, 02:59 PM)
Daylin, Daylin, your smile is like the sun rising over the ocean, like a morning bird, covered in dew, singing his song of a new day, of a glorious day...

blush4.gif biggrin.gif

That's beautiful RR! More........ tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

trink39.gif to 'Da Man' cool.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 9 2006, 03:59 PM)

what are you kidding thats great stuff R.R. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 9 2006, 07:08 AM)

Indeed that is an excellent idea. Good way to relieve stress.

drool1.gif

There she was,

just a walkin' down the street,

singing doo wah....

Oh f**k it, I give up...

I think my best "line" in my early years was something more crude, along the lines of "Hey you in the pink, make my finger stink"...

Can't figure out why I never got laid...

laugh.gif

Archived