the not-so great mascot war of '06

Lenerd

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 8 2006, 10:48 AM)
This cannot be about losing a poll, I refuse to believe that until Geds, Necro, or Goob posts that...  That would be lame on the highest scale if that was the case.

Thank you RR for that....because you're the only one who seems to have gotten that part of my rant right.

I don't care about lenerd losing the poll, folks...go back and see how "involved" lenerd was in the vote if you don't believe that. Goober is the one who called lenerd the mascot in the first place, Tick started the poll. I never sanctioned either of those two events, Lenerd just rolled with it.

In case everyone didn't notice, the rant was DIRECTED at goober. Period.

Yeah, it had some elements that indicated that other people were partly the cause of it, but in reality, read it again.

And if you still don't understand who I'm really having an issue with, read it again 1 more time.

Goober, do you remember what Necro said about me in my 2112 badge thread?

He said: He'll stick by you in a war, and he'll also tell you when you are out of line.

You are out of line, and that is the jist of my rant.

You said:

any chance we can refrain from the use of "goob crew" - i really don't want to be the leader or participant of any group or clique that excludes anyone, especially since that doesn't really exist anyway.

You are so worried about appeasing the people that think you are an idiot and a cancer to this board that you are throwing YOUR FRIENDS under the f**king bus.

I'm trying to tell you to grow a pair. In the meantime, you apologized AGAIN for being who you are.

I respect a lot of the people who posted here today, and have no quarrel at all with MOST of them.

And I've grown to ACCEPT that SOME PEOPLE will never feel the least bit of conscience for the things they say to others.

But if you want to apologize for being a little whacky, or DISASSOCIATE yourself from those who happen to like you, AND EVEN go to the point of calling US exclusionary......well, then, my friend, you ARE an idiot.

Tick was doing everything in the world to get Mr. And Mrs. Rogers involved, once he found out they wanted to be.

Watch what happens if Tick happens to scamper out of his room and post in RANDOM SAMPLES about ANYTHING but flooring advice.

Again, it seems you are apologizing to the people who DON'T like you, and turning your back on the ones who do.

The purpose of my rant was to get on Goober's case, and the rest of you have no dog in this particular fight.

I thought we concluded in an earlier war (last week) that WHEN YOU QUOTE SOMEONE, YOU ARE TAKING ISSUE WITH SOMETHING THEY SAID.

Everybody got it?

And no, I'm NOT apologizing.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home Computer - $1,000+

Internet Connection - $45 per month

Watching a bunch of losers fight on the internet and act like their whole world is caving in - priceless

QUOTE (tick @ May 8 2006, 04:27 PM)

next time im bored and want to start a topic to have some fun for a week , ill try to get my warped mind to think clearly before i act on it .

RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT..........

Okay... i can't quote everyone and reply so i'll try to get to everything i can think of.

RR... i don't think for a minute this is about the poll. I never even cared about the poll. I nominated the lead singer from Type-O-Negative for cripe's sake. laugh.gif The way I saw it, the poll was just another goofy thing for us to keep ourselves entertained. I'm not even here much lately, so I was kinda out of it. I logged on to see that Lenerd was getting his ass kicked. laugh.gif I was still laughing. At this point, nothing was wrong. IT DIDN'T MATTER to me WHO won, because as you all know, we've tried to get EVERYONE involved in silliness since day 1.

So I think I got tweaked when the whole bitchfest started about Goobs wanting to still stay loyal to Lenerd. The possibilities for more silly humor were boundless. I'm sure people would call Lenerd the RENEGADE UNOFFICIAL TRF mascot or something like that, but it could still be hilarious. Goober could do all kinds of wacky photoshop stuff with Lenerd and Penny, but INSTEAD the winner's owner of the NON-OFFICIAL silly-ass poll got tweaked like she ALWAYS does and started with the sarcasm and her version of "misunderstood" humor. THIS has happened in countless threads. I mentioned how this has happened countless times in a not so vague way and before any fireworks could go off, 1 closed the thread. So due to a series of pm's and stuff... the spat continued and spilled into all the other mascot threads, but that doesn't for a minute means it's about the mascot stuff. THAT'S JUST SILLY. tongue.gif

And one more point i want to clear with you Mike, I DID mean what I said about Grand Designs. I recalled the reclamation project just to explain to 2112 some back history. I totally meant what I said to you a few months ago.

To Signals: I totally KNOW we are not everyone's cup of tea. I don't care about that. All I ask is that the one's who don't like our flavor of tea keep their mouth's shut LIKE I DO. Do you honestly think I or ANYONE loves EVERYTHING on the board? C'mon now. Our brand of humor may only apply to us and since we aren't hurting anyone, i still can NOT see the big deal. There's a bunch of us that DO relate to each other and we like to make each other laugh. Just like you and barney and what might be called "the barn bunch". I mean... sorry... i just don't find the "north american standard" stuff all that hilarious anymore, but you guys do, so keep doing it. I'm not gonna pm the admins and tell them to weed you guys out and put you in your own place to jive with standards and say yup all the time. I swear i'm not trying to be sarcastic... but i fully know that's how it's gonna come off. Just try to see my point there. Have you ever seen me "DISS" someone's thread? There's plenty of them i don't like, so what do i do? Oh yeah... i just don't click my mouse on them. Totally broken record and dead horse moment here.

To Goober: I thought Damon going to the yankees sucked, but today... well... seeing you snuggle up to folks that will only rip you a new ass the next time you make your opinion on something they don't agree with... oh well... i think Geds summed it up on that.

So that's where I lie on those subjects. It was NEVER about the mascot thing to us. I would love for us all to get along, crazy zanies and sophisticated alike, but since that will probably not happen, co-existence would work better if we just ignored the stuff we don't like about each other. Just a thought.

wow reading this whole thread made me forgt that i was on a rush forum

and thats never good.

Why dont everyone just get along..if you want to be stupid be stupid...and if you dont like the stupidity of others dont read it and dont say anything.

Its that easy...its a frggin message board for crying out loud...this is really stupid and immature to argue like this.

I'm still at work, and don't have the time to dig in and respond to all the points brought up by several people today, but I just need to respond to this one thing right now.

QUOTE (Geds @ May 8 2006, 06:11 PM)
Watch what happens if Tick happens to scamper out of his room and post in RANDOM SAMPLES about ANYTHING but flooring advice.

So, you're saying nobody likes it when tick posts outside of Grand Designs? Are you saying he doesn't post much outside of GD?

tick

Most active in Random Samples

1471 posts in this forum

( 39% of this member's active posts )

Most of his posts aren't IN Grand Designs. He seems to get around the board pretty good. Nobody has a problem with tick. What exactly are you trying to say there, Geds?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 8 2006, 07:34 PM)
I'm still at work, and don't have the time to dig in and respond to all the points brought up by several people today, but I just need to respond to this one thing right now.

QUOTE (Geds @ May 8 2006, 06:11 PM)

So, you're saying nobody likes it when tick posts outside of Grand Designs? Are you saying he doesn't post much outside of GD?

tick

Most active in Random Samples

1471 posts in this forum

( 39% of this member's active posts )

Most of his posts aren't IN Grand Designs. He seems to get around the board pretty good. Nobody has a problem with tick. What exactly are you trying to say there, Geds?

Just FYI - Tick has some pretty good posts in sports, and I appreciate his amazing Dream Theater insights yes.gif

Ok, 1....you got me on the one shot in the dark I took.

And barney backed it up.

Fine, I was wrong.

Wasn't really the point I was making, and I think that is pretty clear.

Well, at least necro got it.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/geddylee2001/icon_eek.gif

Shit.

I love Tick's insights on Fordham. He really knows his stuff about my son's team. Tick... by ALL that is HOLY... IF I EVER get my hands on you...

tongue.gif

yeah... this is an inside joke. just being cliquey. tongue.gif Hey... can I be part of TICK's KLIQ???

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 8 2006, 07:55 PM)
I love Tick's insights on Fordham. He really knows his stuff about my son's team. Tick... by ALL that is HOLY... IF I EVER get my hands on you...

tongue.gif

yeah... this is an inside joke. just being cliquey. tongue.gif Hey... can I be part of TICK's KLIQ???

tongue.gif

schla03.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 8 2006, 07:19 PM)
Necro, I have gone through the two threads (one poll, one not) and I don't see what you are talking about. Could you please be more specific or point me to a link please?

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...40entry455969

this is where it started for him. he asked me to post this for him.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 8 2006, 09:12 PM)
Necro, I have gone through the two threads (one poll, one not) and I don't see what you are talking about.  Could you please be more specific or point me to a link please?

Is he at work or something?

Ok, tell him to scroll up a bit to the top of his page, long before 1001's post (which, BTW I agree with 100% at that point).

Necro's post:

Some things never change. I remember a silly poll about batman and who his girlfriend should be and THAT also turned ugly and stupid for no reason. Some of us don't have a silly bone in us and that's fine and dandy... but other's have a poop on people's silly bone and i guess that's fine too,

It just sounds like a chip on the shoulder or something, why were you so angry at this point in the thread? I am not being a wise-ass, I am really wanting to settle this, because the whole thing doesn't make sense to me... Thanks man... trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 8 2006, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ May 8 2006, 09:12 PM)
Necro, I have gone through the two threads (one poll, one not) and I don't see what you are talking about.  Could you please be more specific or point me to a link please?

Is he at work or something?

Ok, tell him to scroll up a bit to the top of his page, long before 1001's post (which, BTW I agree with 100% at that point).

Necro's post:

Some things never change. I remember a silly poll about batman and who his girlfriend should be and THAT also turned ugly and stupid for no reason. Some of us don't have a silly bone in us and that's fine and dandy... but other's have a poop on people's silly bone and i guess that's fine too,

It just sounds like a chip on the shoulder or something, why were you so angry at this point in the thread? I am not being a wise-ass, I am really wanting to settle this, because the whole thing doesn't make sense to me... Thanks man... trink39.gif

Hey Mike. I was just relaxing listening to some new cd's while CeeJ usurps all my TRF time. laugh.gif So when she read that to me, I just told her to post for me.

It's not really a chip I don't think. Just got peeved that a silly goofy idea or thread that had no intent but to make people laugh got all stupid again for no reason. I think I've stated repeatedly that the best option when you don't want to join in with something you hate or don't understand is to avoid. But some people consistantly criticize and i'd just had enough i guess.

So I thought that posting something that might start a conflict/resolution thing would be good. We didn't get to any type of resolution because the thread got immediately closed. Now had the jab been made FROM the jabbee... i have to question would the thread have been closed so fast? Sorry 1... but lots of us have been the target of HER jabs and insults and NO ONE ever closed a thread over it. I know you read your own board and I know you can't be BLIND to this.

Anyway... i guess just seeing such a silly poll/thread that's only intent was to make people laugh get this way AGAIN, got me irked. I can't talk about RUSH 24/7. It's obvious I'm here more for the fun stuff. But you don't see me ranking on the other stuff that I don't like. That's all.

I see other's points that it's just a board and all that, especially more lately, but it's a good community and believe me i'm far from some sappy flower person, but I don't see why such hostility and snippiness is aimed at the so-called "goobcrew". Which by the way should be more appropriately the Tick KLIQ. tongue.gif

I've been told that there's a feeling of exclusion given off by us and I don't see it. I have tried my best to include everyone and been met with downright hostility in some cases. Wahhh... I know. fists crying.gif

So anyway... i guess that's how I feel on all that. Not really a chip, but chip-"ish" maybe. wink.gif Hope it helps.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 9 2006, 12:55 AM)
So I thought that posting something that might start a conflict/resolution thing would be good.  We didn't get to any type of resolution because the thread got immediately closed.  Now had the jab been made FROM the jabbee... i have to question would the thread have been closed so fast?  Sorry 1... but lots of us have been the target of HER jabs and insults and NO ONE ever closed a thread over it.  I know you read your own board and I know you can't be BLIND to this.

It's time to let go of this grudge you have against Dweezil. Notice she doesn't call herself that anymore. There's a reason for that, and you obviously haven't noticed it. You don't know her well enough to say these things about her (and that includes that disgusting PM you sent). You obviously haven't noticed the person she's become in the last few months. Maybe you should read some recent posts before passing judgement. Dweezil got PLENTY of threads closed in her day. Mrs. Huck Rogers hasn't. Not one. See, I really DO read my own board! biggrin.gif

Like I said before, tick invited others to nominate candidates, Huck and Mrs. Huck did so, and the rest is history. They weren't out to sabatoge your election.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 9 2006, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 9 2006, 12:55 AM)
So I thought that posting something that might start a conflict/resolution thing would be good.  We didn't get to any type of resolution because the thread got immediately closed.  Now had the jab been made FROM the jabbee... i have to question would the thread have been closed so fast?  Sorry 1... but lots of us have been the target of HER jabs and insults and NO ONE ever closed a thread over it.  I know you read your own board and I know you can't be BLIND to this.

It's time to let go of this grudge you have against Dweezil. Notice she doesn't call herself that anymore. There's a reason for that, and you obviously haven't noticed it. You don't know her well enough to say these things about her (and that includes that disgusting PM you sent). You obviously haven't noticed the person she's become in the last few months. Maybe you should read some recent posts before passing judgement. Dweezil got PLENTY of threads closed in her day. Mrs. Huck Rogers hasn't. Not one. See, I really DO read my own board! biggrin.gif

Like I said before, tick invited others to nominate candidates, Huck and Mrs. Huck did so, and the rest is history. They weren't out to sabatoge your election.

MY election??? I had barely ANYTHING to do with it 1. I've said a few times now, the mascot thing is totally NOT something i even care about, but I joined in on the fun, i didn't SHIT on it.

And don't go saying the pm was DISGUSTING either, cuz it was far from disgusting. She wanted to post it and I had NO PROBLEMS with that. YOU were the one who stopped it, so now that no one got to read it, you saying it was "disgusting" is way out of line. I didn't make ANY disgusting remarks at all in that pm, but I DID say how I feel. I don't make DISGUSTING remarks to anyone on here and YOU know that. Post the thing since it's obviously in your possession. See if anyone thinks it's "DISGUSTING".

You keep making it out to be about the election so it looks like we're being tools, but it's NOT about the election. It's just a general feeling of pissiness brought about by constant buzzkillers. I don't think anyone plotted out some kind of lenerd sabotage and could give a rat's ass if they did. But the whole thing about goobs not letting go was just more humor to add to the thing and it got stupid THEN.

Oh... my post was in reply to RR's request to openly say what was bugging me, and I DID. There's plenty of post history on here that proves I am not the one with the grudge. Maybe I don't know her well, but not from lack of trying, but there is no grudge.

Calling the pm "disgusting" but not letting it be posted is kinda libelous isn't it? I mean... that word makes it look like maybe i said some really terrible things doesn't it? But all I did was rant a little about the whole thing. But if you need to bring me down that way by trying to prejudice people's minds like that... go ahead.

Archived