What are we seeing tonight?

thestand

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 1 2008, 12:28 PM)
Taking the kids to see the latest Nat'l Treasure. They'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

The new National Treasure is a lot of fun; my kids (ages 9 through 18) all enjoyed it last week.

Tonight my little one and I are watching Finding Nemo. For about the millionth time. It's my favorite kid movie, after Aladdin.

L

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm playing catch up on TiVo cuz my satellite signal is choppy due to the weather

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Jan 1 2008, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jan 1 2008, 12:28 PM)
Taking the kids to see the latest Nat'l Treasure. They'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

The new National Treasure is a lot of fun; my kids (ages 9 through 18) all enjoyed it last week.

Tonight my little one and I are watching Finding Nemo. For about the millionth time. It's my favorite kid movie, after Aladdin.

L

Hey, I agree. It was really fun. I had seen some bad reviews, but really enjoyed it. I guess if a person took it seriously, I could see them complain. But I thought it moved along well and was great for young kids.

I finally got to see that Chuck Barris spy movie* tonight on IFC. Had to chase my daughter out of the kitchen a couple of times, but I managed to finish it. Worth seeing, for sure!

*Edit: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Edited by goose

Tonight I will watch disc 13 of the Monty Python boxed set. #13 is the first of season 4, me thinks, with out John Cleese as he had moved onto other things. But I love the other boys just as much, Palin a little more laugh.gif

Time Bandits and Brazil 1022.gif

Last night it was 'Sergeant York' with Gary Cooper. They don't make movies like that anymore. Classic!

Last night I watched, Day Night Day Night.

It was, ummm, hmmm, ok. Not much dialogue. It's one of those movies where you find yourself contemplating the real "meaning" and digging back through scenes trying to get the hidden messages.

On tap: Perfume with Alan Rickman.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 28 2008, 06:35 PM)
If anyone's interested... learn from my mistake and never watch Perfume. Couldn't even watch the whole movie it was sooooooo bad.

Next up: La Mujer de Mi Hermano.

The book is fantastic!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 28 2008, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 28 2008, 06:35 PM)
If anyone's interested... learn from my mistake and never watch Perfume. Couldn't even watch the whole movie it was sooooooo bad.

Next up: La Mujer de Mi Hermano.

The book is fantastic!

Perfume by Suskind? Books are always better than film adaptations anyway, it seems like. It sounded interesting and Alan Rickman was in it and I'm a huge fan. So disappointed in the movie though; however, will definitely read the book.

La Mujer de Mi Hermano was steamy. I liked it. Would recommend it.

Also watched 1408. I love John Cusack and I think he was amazing in this movie save a few scenes. Screamed once. I love scary movies. This was quite good.

Rented the Bourne trilogy last night. Haven't seen any of them until now for some reason. Watched the first two and enjoyed them immensely. Will watch "The Bourne Ultimatum" tonight.

Damon puts in another great performance.

Episodes 3,4 & 5 of 'Around The World in 80 Days' Travel Documentary. applaudit.gif trink39.gif

10,000 Years B.C

I liked it. But this movie has mixed feelings from each viewer. Some of my friends thought it was horrible, others loved it. Im split on it. The action is pretty good and I couldnt tell how it was going to end (thats always good). Yet it was historicaly incorrect. Example: They put Mammoths in Egypt. That obviously didnt happen. The acting was pretty good as well.

It gets a 3 out of 5 from me.