What are we seeing tonight?

thestand

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 20 2006, 02:34 PM)
we're going to go see the 3-D version of Nightmare Before Christmas.... 1022.gif

cool.gif

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Omen(new version)

The Omen was bad but lacked scary, it was way to predictible and Dameon was the least scary child i've ever seen in a movie. I event started to laugh when the photographs headwas chopped clean off.

When the preit was running to get into the church i almost left it was so lame. so if you haven't already bought this DVD i urge you not to.

no.gif 062802puke_prv.gif no.gif

Saw The Fountain the other day... Darren Aronofsky is one of my all time favourite directors, and his latest doesn't disapoint. Although, be warned, it's a lot different than his earlier works (Reqiuem For A Dream, Pi, etc.), it's still definitely worth seeing.

I know these are older but what are your thoughts on the rob zomby movies devils rejrcts and 1000 corpses.

I thought they were very realistic and disturbing and still very funny at times . the charactors could be hated but likable at the same time .like a hanable lecter. trink39.gif

Movies I've watched recently:

Saw 3 - Probably the goriest of the 3. Entertaining, number one is still the best though.

The Illusionist - Pretty good. Great actors, and a good script.

Little Miss Sunshine - I really liked this one. Excellent performances by all!

The Break Up - Not typically my type of movie. I will say it's actually very realistic in showing how men and women think differently.

Pan's labyrinth - Very Interesting War/Fascist / Fantasy movie - 12 year old makes up a fantasy world to escape the brutal world of fascist Spain. The twist is that one minute it's a like a PG rated child's movie the next it's R rated brutal violence and sheer torture - Spanish movie with english subtitles

Excellent acting -

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/32/138332.jpg

biggrin.gif A guilty pleasure

Breach

I saw Breach last night...and before I saw it, I did something I don't usually do and read some viewers reviews.

Most of the viewing public either gave it an A or and F. It didn't take long to figure out why...most of the "F" grade came from people who thought they were going to see a Bond movie...

It wasn't a Bond movie...slow, little or no action, but the movie gets 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, A+ from me.

If you haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil it, but keep this in mind as you are half way through the movie, and it feels like you are never going to see a car chase...you won't...this is movie based on a real person, and even though I don't know any spies, I can guess that this is a little bit MORE like what a spy did to the USA for 25 years...not blew up some DNA altering lab in Cuba or something like that...

Want to see what a spy REALLY does...see Breach...if you want endless action and some thin plot that is not realistic...there's a Bond movie out!

The Reaping

Seriously not much I can say about this movie..other then it was just terrible. When a full theater just starts laughing out of nowhere you know the movie is plain bad. Dialogue was terrible...acting was ehh....and the story was just terrible....go see the last mimzy..aha

3/10

Cube

I saw this about a week ago and loved it. although it takes place completely within a maze identical cubes it still holds your intrest suprisingly well. Although there are a few cool deaths don't rent this movie if you want to see a movie like Saw because you will be very disapointed. A great pychological thriller, Plus it's canadian.

Acting is good too.

8.3/10

Blades of Glory

Pleasantly surprised with this one. After Anchorman came Talladega Nights, which was a big leap down. So I wasn't expecting much from this. But really, it wasn't half bad. I've found any role Nick Swardson takes, no matter how little screen-time he gets, he steals the scene. And he's no different in this, playing John Heder's creepy stalker. Great role for him laugh.gif

As with other Ferrell movies, there's a number of great one-liners. As for the best scene, it's a tossup between the first pair-skate scene, or the "chase" scene between Ferrell and Arnett. From beginning to end, that could be the funniest chase scene ever.

Overall, it's what you'd expect from a nearly-summer comedy. No brilliance, but enough laughs for your buck.

7/10.

TMNT

Saw this last night and as a kid growing up in the golden years of the ninja turtles, i must say that I was thoughly impressed. While it was CGI,

***SPOILERS***

I liked the storyline of how after the defeat of the Shredder, the brotherhood bond between the turtles had grow apart and much of the movie focused on them reuniting. I thought this was genious. I thought the whole thing with the ancient myth and stone generals coming to life and whole monster bit was a bit much though.

I'd much rather see a movie made with some of the other villians of the old school tv show. Like Krang, the Rat King, Baxter Stockman, some of those guys. I did like the reappearance of the foot clan though.

I also liked how at the end of the movie, you see "artifacts" from the turtles past: shredders helmet, the TGRI ooze canister, the time device from the 3rd movie. That was great for me.

***END SPOILERS***

If you are like me who grew up or even just watched the 80s tv show and the 90s movies, I think you will delight in this (sortof) rebirth of the TMNT.

Tonight is the first actual date my husband and I get this year. We are going to go see Pan's Labyrinth should be pretty kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif

laugh.gif B/T/W progrush I love your Carlton Banks. The Fresh Prince is a funny ass show. trink36.gif

Went to see Spiderman 3.

5 out of 10

They seem to run out of gas in this one. Some of the effects were really poorly done. A lot of OH come on moments. It was a great idea for the third movie just seemed very rushed.

Oh, joy! laugh.gif We're taking our nine year old to see Spiderman 3 this afternoon.

eh.gif

Spiderman 3 was the Best!! I loved it! 653.gif

I have to totally disagree with the other posters here who didn't like it. confused13.gif I believe it was a great sequel to Spidey 1 & 2. Peter Parker made us laugh in this one too, so his acting was much better, imo. The theater was packed and it raked in $134 mil first weekend.

Go see it everyone!! cheer.gif trink39.gif

Edited by Lauriej

I enjoyed it...much more than I was expecting.

Except for the idiots who brought an 18 month old and sat behind us. AND, the kid PUKED everywhere right in the middle of the climactic last few scenes.

Did the parents take the poor tot out? Oh, hell no! They might miss part of the movie!

Oy.