What are we seeing tonight?

thestand

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 7 2007, 07:10 PM)
Except for the idiots who brought an 18 month old and sat behind us.  AND, the kid PUKED everywhere right in the middle of the climactic last few scenes.

Did the parents take the poor tot out?  Oh, hell no!  They might miss part of the movie!

Oy.

The lack of movie etiquette these days is an extremely sore subject with me. It has gotten so bad, I rarely go to the movies at all because I know I will only end up getting angry at someone else's rudeness spoiling my experience.

ranton.gif

Listen up! Babies have no business being in a movie theater unless it is a kiddie movie. I don't pay 10 bucks to listen to your kid cry (or smell his puke in GG's case).

Turn your phone OFF!!!!! Or at least on vibrate. And if you do get a call, go outside and take it. Again, I didn't pay 10 bucks to listen to your phone conversation. I understand a call from the sitter may be necessary to take, answer it quietly and excuse yourself outside the theater before continuing the conversation.

And please keep the kiddos that are present from kicking the back of my seat!

rantoff.gif

Thank you trink39.gif

Edited by Snowdog

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 7 2007, 06:10 PM)
I enjoyed it...much more than I was expecting.

Except for the idiots who brought an 18 month old and sat behind us. AND, the kid PUKED everywhere right in the middle of the climactic last few scenes.

Did the parents take the poor tot out? Oh, hell no! They might miss part of the movie!

Oy.

As a parent of a 6 year old, 4 year old, and 22 month old, let me ask this. Why? This is why they have DVDs, On Demand, Digital Cable, etc. Theres no excuse for that. My older kids have just started going to movies in the last year or two, kiddy movies and superhero movies.

And the cell phone thing is unreal. I went to Spiderman 3 last week (great movie by the way, IMO) with my 6 year old, and there were no less than 4 warnings on screen to shut off the cell phones! We went to a matinee, so there were only like 10 people in there.. smile.gif (Its playing on 6 screens at our mutliplex).

so i finally saw Potc3.

One of those movies that starts out very strong...and slowly gets more and more stupid. Its also unbelievably long for a disney movie...pushing alittle over 3 hours. The time is not what gets me. Its what happens in that time and well lets say its pretty damn boring.

It has its funny moments and cool action scenes...and depp and rush were awesome in the movie and im glad to see Stellen Scarsgard returned to play bootstrap that was cool.

But overall its one of those movies you watch 1nce every 2 years or so. I think its better then the 2nd though.

4/10

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ May 27 2007, 01:27 AM)
so i finally saw Potc3.

One of those movies that starts out very strong...and slowly gets more and more stupid. Its also unbelievably long for a disney movie...pushing alittle over 3 hours. The time is not what gets me. Its what happens in that time and well lets say its pretty damn boring.

It has its funny moments and cool action scenes...and depp and rush were awesome in the movie and im glad to see Stellen Scarsgard returned to play bootstrap that was cool.

But overall its one of those movies you watch 1nce every 2 years or so. I think its better then the 2nd though.

4/10

It wasn't over three hours, but yeah it was long, and felt longer than it was. It really wasn't that good except for the last 40 or so minutes. The action at the end was cool. Also, it was just goofy as hell. The other two had funny moments, but this one was like one stupid joke after another for most of the movie.

2/5

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 27 2007, 07:41 AM)
QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ May 27 2007, 01:27 AM)
so i finally saw Potc3.

4/10

It wasn't over three hours, but yeah it was long, and felt longer than it was. It really wasn't that good except for the last 40 or so minutes. The action at the end was cool. Also, it was just goofy as hell. The other two had funny moments, but this one was like one stupid joke after another for most of the movie.

2/5

3 hours and 8 mins.

over 3 hours.

tongue.gif

Knocked Up

Was a pretty damn funny movie. The performances were spot on, the cameos were pretty damn funny, and it was just an all around funny ass movie. The only downside to it is that it was way to long for a comedy.

8-10

John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.

Went to see Transformers Last night.

I have to give it a 4.5 out 5

I can not believe that Michael Bay did such a good job with this.

Besides some origins changes which ended up working really well,this was what any Transformer Fan could have wanted and more getting Peter Cullen to reprise his vocal skills for Optimus Prime a great move no one else would have sounded right in that part.

The Effect were outstanding the in Motion Transforming scene were masterfully done.

A couple of issue I had with the Film were the little lame comments like "Humans are truly "More then Meets the Eye"and a few "No Way" moments that are pretty standard in most big Summer Blockbusters

But all in all if thats the biggest thing I can come up with then its a pretty good movie smile.gif

I would Without a Doubt Tell anyone To go see this yes.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 4 2007, 11:29 PM)
Went to see Transformers Last night.

I have to give it a 4.5 out 5

I can not believe that Michael Bay did such a good job with this.

Besides some origins changes which ended up working really well,this was what any Transformer Fan could have wanted and more getting Peter Cullen to reprise his vocal skills for Optimus Prime a great move no one else would have sounded right in that part.

The Effect were outstanding the in Motion Transforming scene were masterfully done.

A couple of issue I had with the Film were the little lame comments like "Humans are truly "More then Meets the Eye"and a few "No Way" moments that are pretty standard in most big Summer Blockbusters

But all in all if thats the biggest thing I can come up with then its a pretty good movie smile.gif

I would Without a Doubt Tell anyone To go see this yes.gif

Excellent. I wasn't expecting much other than a special effects bonanza but you've given me some hope Batman. I can't wait until it comes here.

And you're right, Optimus being voiced by someone else wouldn't seem right

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 8 2007, 07:09 AM)
Just watched Master and Commander. It reminded me of a certain TRF moderator...

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If you liked the movie, check out the books. They're even better!

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Saw Strange Brew again (last time was 1987!). Rush reference in there. Hockey, Beer, Rush! Oh my!!!!

Still a funny movie!

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 8 2007, 05:09 AM)
Just watched Master and Commander. It reminded me of a certain TRF moderator...

Classic movie, classy moderator.

Gonna watch The Number 23 tonight. Very stoked.