Harry Potter OOTP

pixey

man i can't wait for the 7th book. definitely can't wait for the movie either, but i'm MORE excited for the 7th book.

i don't know what i should i do when it comes out though lol i'm having this inner debate with myself. should i not read any harry potter until the 7th book comes out, read the 7th book, and then go back and read the entire series 1-7? that way it'll have been a while since i've read the earlier ones so they might seem almost new to me again, and it'll feel awesome just reading through the whole series.

OOOORRRRR

should i start reading like a couple months before it comes out so that i've already gotten through the first six and have refreshed my memory, and then have the very first time i read #7 be the time that i read through the entire series?

it's hard to choose lol i think i might have to go with the second one, then it'll be like i've re-followed the entire series, while also refreshing my memory, and finishing it off with the 7th book which will be completely new to me.

rrggghhh!!! i can't wait much longer!!!

i also think the fifth movie is going to RULE! i agree that they're not as good as the books but regardless i still think the movies are great.

I don't understand why the movie makers felt the need to shorten GOF to under 2.5 hours (actual running time 2:27). OOTP better be at least three whole hours long otherwise there will not be enough screen time to develop any emotional impact for the death of the one that dies in the movie (just in case some of y'all haven't gotten that far).I'll probably skim through the series in the days leading up to book seven, but no more than that since I've already read each book at least seven times. Next book, of course, just can't come soon enough! It's gonna be SUCH a trip to read, because it's the first series I've ever followed. In some ways, I don't want it to be over but I know that Voldemort needs to be done gangster style.

yea i duno why they haven't hit the three hour mark yet, it would have made the 4th one better, and probably the third one as well, which i thought was great but somewhat rushed, like the fourth one kinda was too.

it kinda worked for the 4th one though cuz with the tri-wizard tournament and stuff even the book kinda had this "always on the move" feel to it, but the 5th one is going to have to be more developed and drawn out because it's got more emotion and such in it that if rushed won't seem realistic.

QUOTE (Slime @ Oct 15 2006, 02:57 PM)
I don't understand why the movie makers felt the need to shorten GOF to under 2.5 hours (actual running time 2:27). OOTP better be at least three whole hours long otherwise there will not be enough screen time to develop any emotional impact for the death of the one that dies in the movie (just in case some of y'all haven't gotten that far).I'll probably skim through the series in the days leading up to book seven, but no more than that since I've already read each book at least seven times. Next book, of course, just can't come soon enough! It's gonna be SUCH a trip to read, because it's the first series I've ever followed. In some ways, I don't want it to be over but I know that Voldemort needs to be done gangster style.

I agree

oh and Freedom fighter...I would (because this is what i'm doing) read it months before. Therefore it's kinda refreashed but kinda not. biggrin.gif

ic. that makes sense in a way but what i'm looking for is the feeling of reading the entire series straight through, back to back. i wanna try and time it just right so i can be finishing the sixth book just before i get the 7th one so that it can be like i'm just continueing on the series from the 6th book and finally finishing it.

There are rumors going around that Emma wasn't going to do any more movies. Wasn't it a year ago before the making of OOTP...Dan said that he wasn't going to do any more movies after 5? Well now he says he will do the rest.

I for one think that Emma will come back. If any major characters leave...thats it.

www.MuggleNet.com has some stills from the OotP movie.

http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/normal_HP5D-6680.jpg

I didn't know Rush Limbaugh was in this movie! rofl3.gif Doesn't that look like him?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2007, 11:29 AM)

I didn't know Rush Limbaugh was in this movie! rofl3.gif Doesn't that look like him?

yes.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2007, 09:29 AM)

biggrin.gif

Geez there are so many Rumors going around that Emma is not returning for the 6 and 7th movies...but it was cleared up yesterday...she is still doing them. 1022.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Apr 5 2006, 10:59 PM)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is slated for a July 13, 2007 release, says WB.

Ok so this might be a problem or really brilliant, I heard it both ways. The Final Harry Potter book is rumored to be released on 07-07-07, which we know from the series is a magical number. Some are saying that they arent going to release the final book and the movie (on the 13th too!) at nearly the same time. I disagree! Nothing wrong with some Harry Potter hysteria!

Link to news

Just for the record, historically through most western cultures going way back, 7 has always had a magical or religious meaning behind it.