The Cycling Thread!

D-13

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Oct 5 2010, 06:39 PM)
Every time I first glance at this thread after being away for awhile,  I read it as "the bikini thread", only to end up disappointed. 

Alas.

Ffs, if one more person says that... banghead.gif

after 4 months of boredom i am back on my bike! i hurt my calf/achilles in later may. I took my first mtn bike ride in 4 months on tuesday and considerably longer one today. mostly fire road the first day but mostly trails the second. so, so glad to be back in the saddle again!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

has any else seen the footage of the red bull rampage in Utah?

yikes. holy shit. check this out:

Glad to hear you're back on the bike. If you're not in the southern hemisphere, hopefully the winter will hold off a bit so you can get some miles in.

bolt.gif at that vid you posted. I attacked some trails in my younger days, but never anything like that, and never any acrobatics on the rare occasions I was airborne. bolt.gif I was always happy just to stay in control and not eat too much dirt. smile.gif

QUOTE (AgentScotty @ Oct 7 2010, 05:47 PM)
Glad to hear you're back on the bike. If you're not in the southern hemisphere, hopefully the winter will hold off a bit so you can get some miles in.

bolt.gif at that vid you posted. I attacked some trails in my younger days, but never anything like that, and never any acrobatics on the rare occasions I was airborne. bolt.gif I was always happy just to stay in control and not eat too much dirt. smile.gif

same here. i enjoy riding off road but not to the point where i'm doing 10 ft. jumps and flying over my handlebars. i can't afford to be out of work. wacko.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 7 2010, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (AgentScotty @ Oct 7 2010, 05:47 PM)
Glad to hear you're back on the bike.  If you're not in the southern hemisphere, hopefully the winter will hold off a bit so you can get some miles in.

bolt.gif at that vid you posted.  I attacked some trails in my younger days, but never anything like that, and never any acrobatics on the rare occasions I was airborne.  bolt.gif  I was always happy just to stay in control and not eat too much dirt. smile.gif

same here. i enjoy riding off road but not to the point where i'm doing 10 ft. jumps and flying over my handlebars. i can't afford to be out of work. wacko.gif

biggrin.gif I hear you guys. When I was younger I loved to jump all the time on my skis or bike.

Nowadays if i catch much air i have made a mistake.....

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 8 2010, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 8 2010, 09:42 AM)
time for me make like horse shit and hit the trail!

too nice of a day not go for a bike ride!  1022.gif

time to crank up some old RHCP and hit the woods................

if you come back with your bike clean you're doing something wrong. cool.gif

laugh.gif its more dusty than muddy. a lot of the creeks are dry now.

perfect day, blue sky, 70 degrees, colors going off here in the mtns of western NC.

could not be happier after three days of cautious riding. my leg feels great and even better my ankle was cracking like crazy before I started riding and now its seems to crack less.

QUOTE (AgentScotty @ Oct 8 2010, 09:01 PM)
It was actually tough to get out today, as I was burned out by a week of work and demoralized by several days of rainy weather at the start of the week, but I made myself go out, and felt good after about 5 miles.

way to go! sometimes the toughest part of a ride can be just getting out the door. particulary if you are riding solo.