The Cycling Thread!

D-13

My bike is named 'Nikki'. tongue.gif I'll have to take a picture of her sometime. smile.gif (but not right now, she has a flat tire... sad.gif )

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 16 2007, 06:14 PM)
Do you ever ride in the snow?

No. Bikes don't handle slippery conditions very well.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 17 2007, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 16 2007, 06:14 PM)
Do you ever ride in the snow?

No. Bikes don't handle slippery conditions very well.

I used to ride all the time in snow in Colorado. Lots of fun. The snow may be alot drier in CO than where you are though. Typically if a trail had been rode over by a few snowmobiles it was plenty firm for mtn bikes. They sell spiked mtn bike tires for snow riding.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 17 2007, 12:53 PM)

I used to ride all the time in snow in Colorado. Lots of fun. The snow may be alot drier in CO than where you are though. Typically if a trail had been rode over by a few snowmobiles it was plenty firm for mtn bikes. They sell spiked mtn bike tires for snow riding.

Problem is most of the ground here is solid rock, it hurts like hell to fall off the bike onto frozen granite.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Oct 17 2007, 01:11 AM)
My bike is named 'Nikki'. tongue.gif I'll have to take a picture of her sometime. smile.gif (but not right now, she has a flat tire... sad.gif )

Here she is, (finally) at 9:30 this morning ready to hit the open road. biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Nikki.jpg

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 17 2007, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 17 2007, 12:53 PM)

Problem is most of the ground here is solid rock, it hurts like hell to fall off the bike onto frozen granite.

laugh.gif rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We rode alott last summer. I am looking forward to this summer as well trink39.gif

BTW.. people here ride them alott during the winter to work. But with the current conditions it isn't wise laugh.gif

Glad there are some other "Spoke Heads" here too.

I got 32 miles in yesterday, making for 102 for the month of February. Not a lot, but more than I have done in a while. mMy part of Colorado is staying dry enough these days to ride this early in the year.

Oh I am a road biker.

Edited by theanalogkid

Lucky.....uh..bikers!

No ridin' for me for at least another 6 weeks. We're just getting into the best snowmobiling of the season.

I used to cycle a lot until the kids came along.

My eldest loves his bike and has been riding without stabilisers since he turned 4.

I have just bought a rear seat for my wee girl and we had our first family bike ride last weekend and it was great to be back out.

Can't wait till the summer comes along as cycling in Scotland in February isn't always fun.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/joanneeee/Myride.jpg

This was my ride. Now I have a nice cruiser, no hills in Florida tongue.gif and it's great for my abs.

Try hauling that with the kid in it on a windy day, niiiiiice workout new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (joanneeeeee @ Mar 13 2008, 11:41 AM)
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/joanneeee/Myride.jpg

This was my ride. Now I have a nice cruiser, no hills in Florida tongue.gif  and it's great for my abs.
Try hauling that with the kid in it on a windy day, niiiiiice workout new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Nice ride mama cool.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 18 2008, 12:31 PM)

Here she is, (finally) at 9:30 this morning ready to hit the open road. biggrin.gif

Nice bike Jaye. cool.gif I hope you picked up your bottle tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 13 2008, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 18 2008, 12:31 PM)

Nice bike Jaye. cool.gif I hope you picked up your bottle tongue.gif

laugh.gif It wasn't mine. I think it was Mum's tongue.gif

I knew I should have moved it.. doh.gif

ooops, i clicked on this thinking i read "The Bikini thread"..

'sorry to interrupt your black panther party!'.....::::::::::backs slowly out of thread::::::::: bolt.gif

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Mar 30 2008, 12:09 AM)
ooops, i clicked on this thinking i read "The Bikini thread"..

eyesre4.gif OK, I think we've had enough of that 'joke' now... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif