The Cycling Thread!

D-13

ahhhh it's finally that time of year. The snow starts to melt, the weather starts to turn nicer, the sun stays out later...and most of all bike enthusiasts making a final spring tune up...or racing to a bike shop to get that tune up haha like me.

After getting my bike from the lovely tuneup dude (he took everything off... cleans and oiles everything and of course puts everything back together tongue.gif ...also I made him add another cauge to it...biggrin.gif 3 gears now 1022.gif more speed!)

I have to tell you i'm super stoked. So stoked that possibly in April when all the streets are cleaned up and the weather is nice I will be biking to work (25 mins by car with no traffic). My buddy at work bikes to work as often as he can and usually does over 10,000 clicks a year.

Anyone else have any good plans? Anyone doing any trips? Any races? Any goals? Anyone planning to get in shape by biking? Tell us about your machine!

Can't wait to go biking at the national park! as long as i don't see any bears... or cougars.lol

At first glance, I though this thread was The Bikini thread. I got excited a little prematurely.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 22 2007, 12:22 PM)
Well, I was doing good last fall but I have not ridden in a while. Check out this video, its off a mountain biker launching it off a ski jump!

Sickest jump ever

Whoa! I can't believe he stuck that landing.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 22 2007, 11:22 AM)
Well, I was doing good last fall but I have not ridden in a while. Check out this video, its off a mountain biker launching it off a ski jump!

Sickest jump ever

Oh man...I just got the shivers...that would be so fecking scary!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 22 2007, 01:54 PM)

Sickest jump ever

Looked like for a second that he was gonna go over his handle bars!!!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Mar 22 2007, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 22 2007, 01:54 PM)

Sickest jump ever

Looked like for a second that he was gonna go over his handle bars!!!! ohmy.gif

No doudt, that dude is insane.

I am itching to go for a ride, but really I am lame because you can ride here year round and in the winter there are no bugs or poison ivy to deal with.

The snow is finally cleared....spring is here....and biking has begun! First a good week of conditioning and then I can probably start biking to work smile.gif I'm excited! biggrin.gif

Did a mellow 4 mile ride. About 1 down on some sweet single-trail and 3 up on old logging road, elevation change of only about 480 feet.

We have had some bad weather from a killing freeze on Easter to exceptional drought all summer and the bears are everywhere trying to find food.

Biking in Toronto...is crazy fun! laugh.gif

It's a game....it's all a game....

Trying to not hit cars...trying to not get the cars to hit you! trying to dodge cars and car doors! dodging crazy people....

dodgy!

unsure.gif I've signed up for the Trondheim-Oslo ride next year. It is 54 European miles, or 540km if you like, or 540000 meters. I heard it is supposed to be the longest continous ride in the world(no stops here, just to make the neccessary duties...).

The fastest bikers do the trip on 13-14 hours, they eat, drink and shit on/from the bike.

sad.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Sep 9 2007, 11:27 AM)
unsure.gif I've signed up for the Trondheim-Oslo ride next year. It is 54 European miles, or 540km if you like, or 540000 meters. I heard it is supposed to be the longest continous ride in the world(no stops here, just to make the neccessary duties...).

The fastest bikers do the trip on 13-14 hours, they eat, drink and shit on/from the bike.

sad.gif

Damn, that sounds hardcore, particualry the shitting part. It certainly would give some incentive to be at the front of the pack! . I guess that is a road ride?

The most hardcore biking event here in the states must be Montezumas Revenge:

"WHAT: AN ULTRA MOUNTAIN BIKING EVENT, 24 hours, over 200 miles, 10 times on the Continental Divide, over 35,000+ feet of elevation climb, with the lowest elevation down at 9,000', the highest elevation up at 14,270', under a full moon and it is yet to be completed."

The 2007 race was canceled but will be back next year.

http://www.montezumasrevenge.com/mz_cmonin.php

Wow snowman, sounds crazy!

I've signed up for the Toronto Conquer Cancer bike event. You bike from Toronto to Niagara Falls...(200 km). nice easy ride.

Physically...I'm gonna be alright...but the heat is what is going to kill me.

thats next August.

Another great ride today. Totaling around 7.5 miles. One of the better downhill singletracks I have ridden is this area, lots of serpentine berms down steeper sections. The trail was called Sidehill and a large part of it was carved into the side of the hill with a narrow singletrack next to a serious dropoff.

The Biking thread!,

Bummer. I opened this thread because I thought you said "bikini thread." drool1.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 7 2007, 12:37 PM)
The Biking thread!,

Bummer. I opened this thread because I thought you said "bikini thread." drool1.gif

laugh.gif

Thought you were in there, like swimwear?

Another killer ride today. Time for cold beer and hammock lounging in the shade.....

Doing half of the Virginia Creeper on Saturday with my 9 year old son. You take a shuttle to the top of the VC which is an old railroad right of way. its 14 miles downhill with an approximate grade of 2% and then 3 miles of flatness. Hopefully the colors will be good.

This is my bike, the "Green Bastard"........

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb13/cyrithX/IMGP2362.jpg

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 16 2007, 01:45 PM)
This is my bike, the "Green Bastard"........

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb13/cyrithX/IMGP2362.jpg

Very nice. I will have to give my grey Giant Trance 4 a crafty nickname like the Grey Lungbuster. Do you ever ride in the snow?