5 worst movies of all time

2112-Rob-2112

I liked After Earth more than Avatar.

I liked Avatar about the same as Battlefield Earth. Which is the furthest from a complement as once could even start to imagine.

"I thought Avatar, while visually stunning, was a heavy-handed pile of crap. "

Well put. Cameron to me is like some kind of adolescent savant in an adult body... a dummy who's really good at making entertaining movies with comically philosophical pretensions.

When it was in cinemas, an acquaintance said "It's the perfect movie really. Probably the greatest movie of all time." I reminded me of Star Trek's Bones and replied, "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!" ...except I used "f***ing" instead of "Vulcan" :P

• Like 1

I don't know about being the worst movies, but they are movies I dislike:

American Beauty - I remember loving this when It came out. It was so artful, so insightful, so revealing. Now I can't bear to watch it, it drips with condescension and arrogance and stereotypes. And that bag is f***ing annoying.

Batman and Robin - It got everything wrong. One gigantic misfire.

That's My Boy - The only thing good about this movie was the Rush reference.

Halloween - The Rob Zombie remake. Ugh. I remember reading a review I agreed with, it gave the movie a "f**k you out of 10."

Surviving Christmas - Nothing about this movie worked. Nothing. The cast had no chemistry or appeal.

• Like 1

5 Worst Films I've Seen In The Cinema:

Dune - Frank Herbert's masterpiece was turned into a piece of shit

Bridget Jones' Diary - What a bunch of wankers

Hannibal - Nothing of value at all. Not even a return of Jodie Foster could have saved it.

The Phantom Menace - I didn't know George Lucas saw us all as 5-year olds.

Star Trek: Nemesis - So bad, even the cast slammed it right afterwards. A really stupid clone of Wrath of Khan

Edited by Principled Man

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Interview With The Vampire

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

Come on, you're just stirring the pot now. Granted, some of those are crap and others have a lot of crap in them (I actually liked Jerry Maguire though) but none of those would be on the Worst of All Time list. Besides, where's Cocktail? No way is that better than Jerry Maguire, Top Gun, or Last Samurai.

Apparently, this is what I said 11 years ago:

the worst of all time is an obscure early 80s british sci-fi film called X-tro

I forgot all about it. But it's a ton of crap.

I would say "Cry Baby" starring Johnny Depp is the worst of all time but i walked out of the cinema after 20-30 minutes (because it was so crappy) so I'm not even sure if it is.

I saw Xtro in the theater !!!!!!

So did I! That's how I know it sucks!

Came out not long after E.T.

It was riding its coat tails and selling itself as a horror version of that.

http://horrorpediadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/xtro3.jpg

There's the piece of crap now!!!

Now I wanna watch it again to relive the unglory!

Full Movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ6aw3lxpqU

WTF is going on at 19:52?

I still remember the reaction in the theater - from the 3 or 4 other people that were there

The synth soundtrack is awesome though

I read somewhere that Michelle Pfeiffer turned down roles in Pretty Woman and Silence of the Lambs. I never really liked either one of those movies.

Enter the Void - The worst shit I've ever tried to watch. I tapped out after hating every excruciatingly annoying second of the thirty minutes I watched. Even the opening credits were annoying. Check it out if you hate yourself.

House of the Dead - Everyone knows Uwe Boll sucks, but this is even bad for him. Even the Ice Cream Man himself, the majestic Clint Howard can't save this one.

Upstream Color - I like a lot of films that people might call pretentious, but this was even too much for me. A really dumb movie disguised as some artful bullshit.

I Know Who Killed Me - I knew this was gonna be bad, but oh baby...the script and Lohan are next level bad! My wife still mentions this every time we talk about bad movies.

Death Proof - A bunch of really annoying women ramble on for a long time and then punch Kurt Russell to death. The End. f**k this movie.

1. Battlefield Earth (hands down, or should I say "big foam-rubber hands down")

2. Jaws 4 (oh lord, Ellen Brody's hairstyle...oh lord, Michael Caine?)

3. Howard the Duck (why? waaaaugh! the comic book was pretty swell though)

4. Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu (Peter Sellers nadir)

5. Battlefield Earth (should be listed twice for its blatant crappiness)

375px-Battlefield_earth_screencap.jpg

• Like 1

Coyote Ugly.

Woman gets empowered to be who she wants to be by dancing semi-naked on a bar in front of hollering rednecks with other deluded women.

Coyote Ugly.

Woman gets empowered to be who she wants to be by dancing semi-naked on a bar in front of hollering rednecks with other deluded women.

Dumb movie (I especially hate the boyfriend) but piper perabo looks too good in it for me to hate it.

Cloverfield???

Ugh. I despised that piece of crap.

Is that the bomb shelter movie?

The bomb shelter one was the sequel. Saw that last week. Was okay until the last 15-20 minutes. It's skippable.

Cloverfield was the hand held camera one with the young New Yorkers

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I think the worst movie I ever saw in a theater was Cabin Fever .. ( and I saw X-tro in the theater )

Cabin Fever was total shit, which is par for the course for Eli

I've only seen Hostel by Eli Roth but that deserves to be mentioned as one of the worst movies of all time. I saw these behind the scenes interviews and such with him on the movie and he's even worse!!! He filmed brown streaks in a toilet bowl during those interviews and laughed & made dumb 9 year old boy jokes about it.

He's a pretty crappy actor to boot.

• Like 1

Cloverfield???

Ugh. I despised that piece of crap.

Is that the bomb shelter movie?

The bomb shelter one was the sequel. Saw that last week. Was okay until the last 15-20 minutes. It's skippable.

Cloverfield was the hand held camera one with the young New Yorkers

I thought 10 Cloverfield Lane was decent while they were underground. But yeah, the last 20 was shark-jumpish. I'll skip the original 2008 film.

I think the worst movie I ever saw in a theater was Cabin Fever .. ( and I saw X-tro in the theater )

I've only seen Hostel by Eli Roth but that deserves to be mentioned as one of the worst movies of all time. I saw these behind the scenes interviews and such with him on the movie and he's even worse!!! He filmed brown streaks in a toilet bowl during those interviews and laughed & made dumb 9 year old boy jokes about it.

Hostel was a masterpiece compared to Cabin Fever

I wouldn't be surprised if those brown streaks in the toilet were from extra copies of his films that never sold

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if those brown streaks in the toilet were from extra copies of his films that never sold

:LOL:

Even a toilet would refuse to devour that shit !!

• Like 1

Congo, Twister, and Dante's Peak (the Pierce Brosnan volcano flick) were three horrible films of the same ilk and era.

Those should be given away for free as a triple crap pack DVD set. I still wouldn't want it. Why did I watch those in the cinemas?!!

Even a toilet would refuse to devour that shit !!

I think Stormotron mentioned Uwe Boll's House of the Dead earlier. Hostel, though completely different, kind of reminds me of that flick. I guess it's the same whiff of shit about them.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1