5 worst movies of all time

2112-Rob-2112

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Mar 30 2006, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 30 2006, 05:09 AM)
Mr. Deeds with Adam Sandler I thought was partiuclarly stupid and awful...

I though Mr. Deeds was a fantastic movie. Not only did it have a good "slapstick" aspect, it had a really cute plot. I know it's based off of an older movie, but it was done well.

I remember when I first watched it in the theater, I thought to myself, "I want to be like Deeds." He was the perfect character.

Wow, both my wife and I HATED this movie (and we often disagree about movies too). One of the very worst aspects was that he was this kind of nice, sweet character, but would periodically just beat the shit out of someone. The people might have even desereved it, but it was so disgustingly over the top and gratuitous. Was that supposed to be funny? We both found it pretty distressing and made it virtually impossible to like the character because of it. Add to that outside of some isolated moments, it was painfully unfunny. I remember clearly that the only reason we didn't walk out of the theater was we were going through something very traumatic at the time and needed the distraction.

Out of curiosity, I looked at www.rottentomatoes.com to see what kind of overall rating this movie got. Apparently 23% (34 people) of reviewers gave it a positive rating with 77% (116 people) giving it a negative. I was honestly surprised it scored even that high.

Then again, on the same website Edward Scissorhands, the other movie I hated, got a 93% positive rating, so what the hell do I know? Some movies just rub some people the wrong way I guess...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Mar 31 2006, 12:30 PM)
Edward Scissorhands is a CLASSIC though...mr deeds is just mr deeds.

i can't stand tim burton movies in general and i hate his style. there are two movies of his i've liked - ed wood and big fish, but the others i've seen i couldn't stand, and i avoid most all of his movies if i can ever avoid it.

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Interview With The Vampire

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

Come on, you're just stirring the pot now. Granted, some of those are crap and others have a lot of crap in them (I actually liked Jerry Maguire though) but none of those would be on the Worst of All Time list. Besides, where's Cocktail? No way is that better than Jerry Maguire, Top Gun, or Last Samurai.

Apparently, this is what I said 11 years ago:

the worst of all time is an obscure early 80s british sci-fi film called X-tro

I forgot all about it. But it's a ton of crap.

I would say "Cry Baby" starring Johnny Depp is the worst of all time but i walked out of the cinema after 20-30 minutes (because it was so crappy) so I'm not even sure if it is.

• Like 1

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

Come on, you're just stirring the pot now. Granted, some of those are crap and others have a lot of crap in them (I actually liked Jerry Maguire though) but none of those would be on the Worst of All Time list. Besides, where's Cocktail? No way is that better than Jerry Maguire, Top Gun, or Last Samurai.

I would say "Cry Baby" starring Johnny Depp is the worst of all time but i walked out of the cinema after 20-30 minutes (because it was so crappy) so I'm not even sure if it is.

I saw Xtro in the theater !!!!!!

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

So did I! That's how I know it sucks!

Came out not long after E.T.

It was riding its coat tails and selling itself as a horror version of that.

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

xtro3.jpg

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

http://horrorpediadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/xtro3.jpg

There's the piece of crap now!!!

Now I wanna watch it again to relive the unglory!

• Like 1

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

Full Movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ6aw3lxpqU

WTF is going on at 19:52?

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

Full Movie...

I can't look.

Is it a nanny banging someone?

Or is it some woman on the kitchen floor giving birth to an adult male who quickly turns into an alien?

Some crap like that?

• Like 2

No attempt at objectivity and only thinking of movies that should have been good; in other words, the no budget so-bad-they're-good movies like Plan 9 from Outer Space, The Creeping Terror, The Horror of Party Beach, etc., don't count.

Popeye (I don't dislike Robin Williams but this is only one of two movies I've ever walked out on; the other is Troy but I admit I only gave that about 5 minutes before bailing for plan B)

Catwoman and Ishtar (both as bad as advertised; painful and uncomfortable watching either one; at least I felt a bit sorry for Halle Barry)

Highlander 2: The Quickening (maybe the worst sequel ever; so bad you have to pretend it doesn't exist in order to maintain the magic of Highlander)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (it seems that Tim Burton has never met a classic he couldn't screw up; maybe if Gene Wider's version didn't exist I wouldn't dislike this quite so much, or maybe I would)

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

No attempt at objectivity and only thinking of movies that should have been good; in other words, the no budget so-bad-they're-good movies like Plan 9 from Outer Space, The Creeping Terror, The Horror of Party Beach, etc., don't count.

Popeye (I don't dislike Robin Williams but this is only one of two movies I've ever walked out on; the other is Troy but I admit I only gave that about 5 minutes before bailing for plan B)

Catwoman and Ishtar (both as bad as advertised; painful and uncomfortable watching either one; at least I felt a bit sorry for Halle Barry)

Highlander 2: The Quickening (maybe the worst sequel ever; so bad you have to pretend it doesn't exist in order to maintain the magic of Highlander)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (it seems that Tim Burton has never met a classic he couldn't screw up; maybe if Gene Wider's version didn't exist I wouldn't dislike this quite so much, or maybe I would)

Peter O'Toole did the same thing for Troy at a screening and disowned that movie.

• Like 1

Go Tom, go !!!

- The Last Samurai

- Top Gun

- Jerry Maguire

- Lions for Lambs

( pending The Mummy )

Full Movie...

I can't look.

Is it a nanny banging someone?

Or is it some woman on the kitchen floor giving birth to an adult male who quickly turns into an alien?

Some crap like that?

The second thing.

:hurl:

• Like 2

I thought Avatar, while visually stunning, was a heavy-handed pile of crap. Other visually interesting movies with horribly schmaltzy stories that made me absolutely hate them include:

Where the Wild Things Are

Inside Out

the new Pete's Dragon

the recent Potter-World release, Dangerous Beasts...

Catwoman was the worst superhero flick ever until the Fantastic Four reboot came along. :yes:

I couldn't finish watching Popeye either. :no:

I couldn't start Charlie and the Choco Factory. :no:

I didn't walk out on Troy. I just bitched about how crappy it was for half an hour after it ended. :P

• Like 1

After Earth

Jaden Smith is the Tommy Wiseau of nepotism child actors for that "I AM NOT A COWARD!" scene.

Saw about 10 minutes of that on a flight then switched to something else.

Soon Jaden will be in adult roles in shitty, big budget movies. Joy.

"I thought Avatar, while visually stunning, was a heavy-handed pile of crap. "

Well put. Cameron to me is like some kind of adolescent savant in an adult body... a dummy who's really good at making entertaining movies with comically philosophical pretensions.

• Like 2