'Indy IV' being rewritten again

Jack Aubrey

Coming Soon reports:

George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have hired Jeff Nathanson to rewrite Indiana Jones 4, reports Variety. Aside from writing the "Rush Hour" films, Nathanson also wrote Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can and co-wrote The Terminal.

If Nathanson delivers a draft that clicks with Lucas, Spielberg and star Harrison Ford, Spielberg would still have to make the movie a priority to get it into production any time soon, adds the trade.

After doing The War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise, Spielberg was next planning to film a drama about the aftermath of the 1972 Munich Olympics terrorist tragedy.

Lucas is currently working on completing Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith while Ford is preparing to star in The Wrong Element. After that, Ford is scheduled to shoot Godspeed, a drama about a crisis on an international space station.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I'll be waiting anxiously for this movie. I loved the others. In fact, I believe Raiders was the first movie I ever saw on the big screen. The first I can remember anyway.