new ted nugent

treeman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if Uncle Tedly hunts? Colonel Sanders murders seven million chickens a day and no one bitches about that!

Anyone else going to see Ted on April 30th? No, not in concert, as a keynote speaker at the PMPA conference in Dearborn, Michigan. I've gotta go for work. I wonder if anyone will bring in guitars for him to autograph? I should get all drunk and blow whiskey breath in his face. No, Ted's OK, I just can't stand his huge ego. Hope he's hungry so he shuts up during the dinner there...

cat.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Apr 6 2006, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus @ Apr 4 2006, 09:50 AM)
For the European Fans

Not in Europe, but checked out his whole site. I shoot a longbow and this site is a great resource for archers. Very impressive!

You should join Teds United Sportsmens of America. All things Ted and what he is doing to promote hunting, shooting, archery and concervation. Also there are reginal directors to keep you advised of local and regional issues that come up

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Feb 21 2006, 10:38 PM)
Have not seen or heard it yet-say what you want about Ted but he is undeniably intelligent and funny
His live show I saw last summer featured a new patriotic anthem titled Kiss My Ass

That song appeared on his 1995 album Spirit Of The Wild and he took shots at everyone from Democrats to Beavis and Butthead

Saw Deadly Tedly with Alice Cooper as Special Guest New Year's Eve 1997 at Ted's annual Whiplash Bash at Cobo Arena! Way cool!

BOTH of my kids, Krystal and Michael attended his "Kamp for Kids" in the thumb area of Michigan and LOVED IT! I got to meet and shake hands with him. I own one of his signature bows. Love to hunt, love how Ted shreds his guitar onstage. Whatever anyone else thinks, my family LOVES HIM!

Quote from Ted on his Euopean tour

on behalf of all American humanitarians, I am teaching the krauts manners, the frogs hygiene, the swiss to chose sides & the limeys about toothbrushes. I am Mother Theresa with a Byrdland!! hammeron!

http://www.vintageguitar.com/images/brands/TEDNUGENT160X212.jpg

From Behind The Lens

By James Brown

I have been very fortunate to be able to tour off and on with The Nuge over the last couple of years and what this picture portrays is what I see at every concert and event. Thousands of people stand in line or wait for hours to hear his music or talk to him at a book signing and his compassion for his fans is amazing. He goes the extra mile for them.

This lady, confined to a wheelchair, was lucky enough to get a front row seat. Her eyes said it all when I saw her sitting and waiting to see the Nuge. When Ted saw her down in front he yelled for everyone to get out of the way and bring her up to the front of the stage. Ted was playing this song for her and he wanted her to know it.

She was crying and you could see Ted was moved. He knelt down to sing to her and she was reaching out to him. The stage was high and neither could get close enough, so without missing a lick The Nuge lays down on the stage and reaches for her hand. They touch, she cries, Ted keeps singing and talks to the crowd about how to deal with life. He dedicated his music to the individuals that have the will to persevere. We think we have it hard but the struggles of some are so much more.

I have witnessed many times Mr. Nugent's generosity over the years with greeting and signing memorabilia for hours on end, but I have never seen him reach out in the middle of a concert and touch the hearts of people like he did last night.

http://www.tednugent.com/hp_july31.jpg

I didn't get a chance to pick up his new album, but I did get to see him in concert 3 days ago. Let me tell you, my ears still hurt! He is by far the best entertainer i've ever seen. That man is crazy. Great show, great music, and great political commentary. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 6 2006, 06:56 PM)
So did anyone find out what Ted's album was like?

unsure.gif

Has had no new album since 2002 but hopes to put out a new one next year

Nugent Ready To Raise Hell On New Album

August 11, 2006, 10:50 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit

Ted Nugent lit up VH1 this summer with the "Supergroup" reality show. But the Motor City Madman says not to expect to hear much more from Damnocracy, his 12-day collaboration with ex-Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, Antrhax's Scott Ian, Biohazard's Even Seinfeld and Jason Bonham.

"I would like to [do more with Damnocracy]; the musical element is very alluring. But I doubt it," Nugent tells Billboard.com. "I've got so much cool sh*t on. It's about the cool meter; like a TSA wand-er, I run my cool wand over everything, and only stuff that pegs the meter do I do. Even as good as the Damn Yankees are ... We got killer offers to record but, Jesus, when do you do that?"

Nugent says the coolest thing on his meter now is his own music, a set of songs that includes titles such as "Girl Scout Cookies," "Raisin' Hell," "Funk You" and "Bridge Over Troubled Daughters." He's already hatching plans to hit the studio with his current rhythm section -- bassist Barry Sparks and drummer Mick Brown -- with hopes of getting a new studio album out sooner rather than later.

"I am dedicated to, first and foremost, recording at least a dozen of my best new songs that are driving me wild," Nugent says. "I'm just in love with the new music. I hope to hell we can go in the studio next February and have the record ready to listen to by March so that it's out by the spring of '07."

Whenever it comes out, the album will be Nugent's first set of all-new material since 2002's "Craveman." He's currently on the North American leg of his Unleash the Beast tour, which wraps up Sept. 4 -- after which Nugent will spend the fall and early winter leading hunting expeditions in his native Michigan and other locales.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1002985583

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 22 2006, 04:52 PM)
Can't say I agree at all with him on his political views or appreciate his affiliation with the NRA.

I don't agree with Ted either!

Word!

Ya gotta respect anyone with that kind of conviction regarding their views/beliefs. He did some fun music in the 70's

he was like Mr. album-a-week back then.

I saw Ted live in 1980 at Canada Jam in Winnipeg and it was the loudest thing I've ever heard; like Ted was playing a Black and Decker guitar...! laugh.gif

Edited by 2 Soups

Now this thread can begin.... A new Ted Nugent Album will be released in August.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003601073

Nugent's 'Love Grenade' Exploding In August

Ted Nugent

June 20, 2007, 12:25 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit

A 40th anniversary re-recording of the Amboy Dukes hit "Journey to the Center of the Mind" is among the highlights of "Love Grenade," Ted Nugent's first set of new material in five years.

The 13-song set, co-produced by Night Ranger's Jack Blades, Nugent's partner in the long-dormant Damn Yankees, is due in August on Eagle Rock. The title track, which is the album's first single, is slated to premiere on Friday.

In typical hyperbolic fashion, the Motor City Madman tells Billboard.com that "Love Grenade" "is an absolute representation of where I am on all levels. We come from the old school of sh*tkicker, R&B-driven, grinding guitar lovemaster. When you hear it, you're gonna just smile, close your eyes and go, 'Nugent!' It's such a classic piece of what we were brought up on."

Among the new tracks are songs that Nugent has been performing live for several years, including "Still Raising Hell," "Bridge Over Troubled Daughters" and "Funk U." The album also includes "Lay With Me," which Nugent calls "a late-night blues impromptu," "Geronimo and Me" and "Spirit of the Buffalo," which he describes as "a new 'Fred Bear'"-style hunting and nature anthem.

The new "Journey to the Center of the Mind," meanwhile, is "just ferocious," according to Nugent. "It's probably more sassy than the original, which is really quite a bold, brazen claim. The Amboy Dukes were the quintessential garage band. I wanted to play homage to the privilege of somehow landing in that camp."

Nugent is on the road now and will be touring into early September, after which he concentrates on hunting. He's also talking with Toby Keith about a role in the country star's film adaptation of his hit "Beer For My Horses," which may begin filming this winter.

Alright! Ted Nugent...

Of course I love Cat Scratch Fever Stranglehold and so on, Double Live Gonzo I used to listen to quite a bit in the late 70s/early 80s...

But now the new album...

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jpEd2JhiL._SS500_.jpg

01. Love Grenade

02. Still Raising Hell

03. Funk U

04. Girlscout Cookies

05. Journey to the Center of Your Mind

06. Geronimo & Me

07. Eaglebrother

08. Spirit of the Buffalo

09. Aborigini

10. Stand

11. Broadside

12. Bridge Over Troubled Daughters

13. Lay With Me

I'm not sure if this will be any good, but hey you never know...

And like Sammy Hagar though (quoted earlier in the thread) I wouldn't go hunting with Ted, because I'd spend all day puking my guts up probably...

wacko.gif

I'd be curious to hear the new stuff...I wouldn't expect much, but I'd be curious.

Ted was just in the news recently. sounds like he's got a career as a "depends undergarments" spokes person if the music thing doesn't work out.

Facing a draft, Nugent bravely wet his pants

Rocker is all talk as he calls Obama, Hillary vile names

August 27, 2007
BY RICHARD ROEPER Sun-Times Columnist
So Ted Nugent roams a concert stage while toting automatic weapons, calls Barack Obama "a piece of -----" and says he told Obama to suck on one of his machine-guns. He also calls Hillary Clinton a "worthless bitch" and Dianne Feinstein a "worthless whore."
That Nugent, he's a man's man. He talks the talk and walks the walk, right?

Except when it was time to register for the draft during the Vietnam era. By his own admission, Nugent stopped all forms of personal hygiene for a month and showed up for his draft board physical in pants caked with his own urine and feces, winning a deferment. Creative!

Ah, but that was a long time ago. Nugent isn't just a washed-up rocker -- he's a right-wing madman who's not afraid to call out some of the leading Democrats in language so vile it makes the Dixie Chick Natalie Maines' comments about President Bush sound like a love poem.

You'd think even someone such as Sean Hannity would dismiss Nugent as a macho clown, desperate for attention.

Yeah, right.

In a discussion on his show last week, Hannity refused to condemn Nugent's remarks, saying, "I like Ted Nugent . . . he's a friend of mine," and even laughing loudly as Alan Colmes read the transcript of some of Nugent's remarks.

Funny. I don't remember Hannity being so cavalier about the Dixie Chicks went they criticized Bush.

Not that he's operating under a double standard or anything.

(Sorry for the political content, but it just happens to be the context for the really important part of this column, which is Ted Nugent soiling himself.)

QUOTE (New World Manny @ Sep 4 2007, 01:50 PM)
I'd be curious to hear the new stuff...I wouldn't expect much, but I'd be curious.

Ted was just in the news recently.  sounds like he's got a career as a "depends undergarments" spokes person if the music thing doesn't work out.

Facing a draft, Nugent bravely wet his pants

Rocker is all talk as he calls Obama, Hillary vile names

August 27, 2007
BY RICHARD ROEPER Sun-Times Columnist
So Ted Nugent roams a concert stage while toting automatic weapons, calls Barack Obama "a piece of -----" and says he told Obama to suck on one of his machine-guns. He also calls Hillary Clinton a "worthless bitch" and Dianne Feinstein a "worthless whore."
That Nugent, he's a man's man. He talks the talk and walks the walk, right?

Except when it was time to register for the draft during the Vietnam era. By his own admission, Nugent stopped all forms of personal hygiene for a month and showed up for his draft board physical in pants caked with his own urine and feces, winning a deferment. Creative!

Ah, but that was a long time ago. Nugent isn't just a washed-up rocker -- he's a right-wing madman who's not afraid to call out some of the leading Democrats in language so vile it makes the Dixie Chick Natalie Maines' comments about President Bush sound like a love poem.

You'd think even someone such as Sean Hannity would dismiss Nugent as a macho clown, desperate for attention.

Yeah, right.

In a discussion on his show last week, Hannity refused to condemn Nugent's remarks, saying, "I like Ted Nugent . . . he's a friend of mine," and even laughing loudly as Alan Colmes read the transcript of some of Nugent's remarks.

Funny. I don't remember Hannity being so cavalier about the Dixie Chicks went they criticized Bush.

Not that he's operating under a double standard or anything.

(Sorry for the political content, but it just happens to be the context for the really important part of this column, which is Ted Nugent soiling himself.)

Maybe he thought he was entering the NASA program...........

Do you have the source of that quote?

Edited by tangdog