new ted nugent

treeman

i seen the new ted nugent cd the other day. i'm a big fan of his old stuff, but was wondering if anyone else out there likes ted and has heard this new cd and likes it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Nugent fan since back in the Amboy Dukes days. He does put on a good show. He is a proud American and Takes no shit from the "Liberal weenies". Last several years music has taken a back stage to his promotion of his other love...Hunting. He is in his third term on the board of directors of the NRA and uses is Celebrity to promote 2nd Amendment rights.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/RushForum/nugentpride.jpg

Ted Nugent was tearing it up from the mid 70's to very early 80's and was one of my favorites in my pre/early teen years. In particular I like Paralyzed and Stranglehold. Besides he is the only musician I know of who has incorporated the word Tang into at least two songs....

Can't say I agree at all with him on his political views or appreciate his affiliation with the NRA. I do completely agree with his killing to eat mentality, though.

In regards to his new disc, let me know if its good but I think he ran out of ideas musically along time ago.

Can't say I agree at all with him on his political views or appreciate his affiliation with the NRA.

I don't agree with Ted either!

He tries to make a difference

TED NUGENT APPOINTED AMBASSADOR FOR

BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS AND PASS IT ON MENTOR PROGRAM

Las Vegas, NV (February 12, 2006) - Big Brothers Big Sisters, in partnership with the Pass It On Texas Outdoor Mentors Program, is proud to appoint American sporting legend Ted Nugent as Ambassador and Director of Youth Hunting.

In his role as Ambassador, Mr. Nugent will help promote the highly successful programs, which match children with qualified adult mentors. Within Pass It On, mentors and kids alike share a particular interest in our outdoor heritage, with an emphasis on the understanding, protection and restoration of our natural ecosystems.

"Speaking from personal experience, the mesmerizing, stimulating natural relationship with God's mystical creatures, and nature overall, will always guide a young person on the True North compass setting," stated Nugent. "The tooth, fang and claw dynamic provides the ultimate attention-getter, challenge and quest for personal excellence that a youngster could ever dream of. The discipline I've learned in the hunting and shooting sports lifestyle will provide the utmost quality of life for any child, as it does for me."

Pass It On, Big Brothers Big Sisters' outdoor mentoring program, was launched in 2000, when Steve Williams, then secretary of the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks and now director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, partnered with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas to promote outdoor mentoring.

Children involved in the program who engage in shooting and hunting activities receive hands-on training in safety as required by BBBS and state wildlife agency regulations. The majority of those introduced to traditional outdoor sports by a mentor continue to participate in those sports.

-more-

Founded in 1904, Big Brothers Big Sisters is the preeminent youth mentoring program in the United States Enriching, encouraging and empowering youngsters to reach their highest potential through safe, positive mentoring relationships is the agency's mission. BBBS fulfills this mission through a professional staff that works with both volunteers and children to ensure a dynamic, fulfilling, memorable and fun experience.

###

Direct Media Inquiries To:

Bill Flynt

Director of Pass It On Texas

Big Brothers Big Sisters

817-277-1148 X 208

bflynt@bbbsnt.org

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Feb 23 2006, 08:58 AM)
He tries to make a difference

TED NUGENT APPOINTED AMBASSADOR FOR
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS AND PASS IT ON MENTOR PROGRAM

Las Vegas, NV (February 12, 2006) - Big Brothers Big Sisters, in partnership with the Pass It On Texas Outdoor Mentors Program, is proud to appoint American sporting legend Ted Nugent as Ambassador and Director of Youth Hunting.
In his role as Ambassador, Mr. Nugent will help promote the highly successful programs, which match children with qualified adult mentors. Within Pass It On, mentors and kids alike share a particular interest in our outdoor heritage, with an emphasis on the understanding, protection and restoration of our natural ecosystems.
"Speaking from personal experience, the mesmerizing, stimulating natural relationship with God's mystical creatures, and nature overall, will always guide a young person on the True North compass setting," stated Nugent. "The tooth, fang and claw dynamic provides the ultimate attention-getter, challenge and quest for personal excellence that a youngster could ever dream of. The discipline I've learned in the hunting and shooting sports lifestyle will provide the utmost quality of life for any child, as it does for me."
Pass It On, Big Brothers Big Sisters' outdoor mentoring program, was launched in 2000, when Steve Williams, then secretary of the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks and now director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, partnered with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas to promote outdoor mentoring.
Children involved in the program who engage in shooting and hunting activities receive hands-on training in safety as required by BBBS and state wildlife agency regulations. The majority of those introduced to traditional outdoor sports by a mentor continue to participate in those sports.
-more-
Founded in 1904, Big Brothers Big Sisters is the preeminent youth mentoring program in the United States Enriching, encouraging and empowering youngsters to reach their highest potential through safe, positive mentoring relationships is the agency's mission. BBBS fulfills this mission through a professional staff that works with both volunteers and children to ensure a dynamic, fulfilling, memorable and fun experience.

###

Direct Media Inquiries To:
Bill Flynt
Director of Pass It On Texas
Big Brothers Big Sisters
817-277-1148 X 208
bflynt@bbbsnt.org

Agree or Disagree, he certainly has made a difference. In my opinion a good one.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 3 2006, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Mar 2 2006, 04:44 PM)
Who give a shit about his political views. His playing kicks major ass. Agreeing or disagreeing with his political mindset is not what this thread is about.

Exactly.

Yeah. Not listening to Ted Nugent because of his politics is like... boycotting Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand movies because of their politics! When in truth, they're both good actresses.

But Ted's politics aside, I really don't like his music.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 3 2006, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Mar 2 2006, 04:44 PM)
Who give a shit about his political views. His playing kicks major ass. Agreeing or disagreeing with his political mindset is not what this thread is about.

Exactly.

Although you do not quote me there is little doubt that you are referring to me.

I basically said that I do like and am a fan of Ted Nugent, regardless of his views and affiliation. I put in that statement in attempt to separate/differentiate myself from the poster ( Cygnus) above me who said

"'I've been a Nugent fan since back in the Amboy Dukes days. He does put on a good show. He is a proud American and Takes no shit from the "Liberal weenies". Last several years music has taken a back stage to his promotion of his other love...Hunting. He is in his third term on the board of directors of the NRA and uses is Celebrity to promote 2nd Amendment rights.

I have no problem listening to music made by people with differing or conservative view points. I begrudge no one for any of their thoughts.

Regardless of whether I agree with Ted Nugent, I do admire his outspokenness and more importantly his actions, as he does a lot of charitable work.

In closing let me tell you how much I appreciate you pointing out to me what this thread is about. Unfortunately, you missed the point as this thread is about the NEW Ted Nugent disc coming out. At least in my post I made some reference to the new disc.

Rattle my snake.

I hear ya, TangDog.

It wasn't you, but the person who said "Liberal weenies" that started the political mudslinging.

I resent that remark.

NUGENT, BONHAM, BACH AND FRIENDS = SUPERGROUP!

What do Ted Nugent, Sebastian Bach, Jason Bonham, Scott Ian of Anthrax and Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard have in common? They all star in a new VH1 show called SuperGroup, which is being called “the ultimate rock and roll experiment.” The band is challenged to become the “heaviest supergroup in history,” which means this: over a of period two weeks rock manager Doc McGhee will hone and groom the group in time to put on a hard-rocking show at the Empire Ballroom in Las Vegas.

SuperGroup premieres on VH1 Thursday May 18th at 10 Eastern.

well i never really got an answer in this thread. i asked if anyone had heard his new cd and liked it. just say yes or no, after that i could care less what you say. i have a mind of my own and what people say usually don't alter my thoughts................

What new Cd?

His last one was a couple years ago called Craveman, I haven't heard of a new one' although the buzz is that this VH1 concert will be on CD

Craveman had some good licks but definatly not my favorite

Ya, Ted does like to talk, and did have a quarel wilh Derrick ST. Holms over the spot light. He felt he was the alpha male. Derrick did make an appearence for a few songs on Ted's tour a couple of years ago. so they have patched up their differences.

The new VH1Supergroup band has been named Damnocracy wacko.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/RushForum/damnocracy.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up, Tidbit. I'm definately gonna check that out. And, to tell you the truth, it's nice to see Uncle Tedly play the guitar for a change. He's a pretty busy guy. In fact, he's coming to Dearborn, MI later this year to be a keynote speaker for the Precision Machined products Association! I should go to that for work. I haven't seen Ted since 1987 in Saginaw warming up for Kiss...