Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

White Stripes actually bowed out of the show I went to see last Thursday early. Apparently Meg was drunk cuz it was her birthday that day and was screwing up her parts. So after about 20 mins into the set, he did a 10 minute solo type of thing, followed by a 10 minute intermission, and 10 more minutes of playing, then ended the show right there. They were supposed to be on for a full hour, if not longer.

Friends dont let friends drink and drum

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 12 2005, 09:11 PM)
White Stripes actually bowed out of the show I went to see last Thursday early. Apparently Meg was drunk cuz it was her birthday that day and was screwing up her parts. So after about 20 mins into the set, he did a 10 minute solo type of thing, followed by a 10 minute intermission, and 10 more minutes of playing, then ended the show right there. They were supposed to be on for a full hour, if not longer.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 12 2005, 11:11 PM)
White Stripes actually bowed out of the show I went to see last Thursday early.  Apparently Meg was drunk cuz it was her birthday that day and was screwing up her parts.  So after about 20 mins into the set, he did a 10 minute solo type of thing, followed by a 10 minute intermission, and 10 more minutes of playing, then ended the show right there.  They were supposed to be on for a full hour, if not longer.

Are you sure you wasn't at a Hank Jr concert? laugh.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2005, 09:18 PM)
White Stripes actually bowed out of the show I went to see last Thursday early.  Apparently Meg was drunk cuz it was her birthday that day and was screwing up her parts.

Um...as opposed to when she's sober? unsure.gif

Lol, I couldnt tell the difference either.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2005, 11:18 PM)
White Stripes actually bowed out of the show I went to see last Thursday early.  Apparently Meg was drunk cuz it was her birthday that day and was screwing up her parts.

http://i.rollingstone.com/assets/rs/121/78435/images/00301785_lg.jpg

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 12 2005, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2005, 11:18 PM)

http://i.rollingstone.com/assets/rs/121/78435/images/00301785_lg.jpg

Did Carrie Nuttall take that shot??? That must be from her new photographic book, Vomit And Light. Nice....

Ah, this lovely little thread. A topic that just won't go away. My DT views are spread over various topics so i ain't gonna repeat myself ad nausem. Suffice to say I love Rush with a passion but i found that DT fill a gap between Rush and Metallica (when they were good) and at the moment i find DT music to be progressing just as Rush progressed around 2112 thru to Pictures.

Extremely exciting times in the DT world!

You don't like DT? Thats cool thats what music and tastes are all about!

My little girl - Lily aged 8 says that both Rush and Dt rock 1022.gif she's here at the moment with me, now you can't argue with an eight year old girl can you?

QUOTE (Daggy @ Dec 18 2005, 03:19 PM)
Ah, this lovely little thread. A topic that just won't go away. My DT views are spread over various topics so i ain't gonna repeat myself ad nausem. Suffice to say I love Rush with a passion but i found that DT fill a gap between Rush and Metallica (when they were good) and at the moment i find DT music to be progressing just as Rush progressed around 2112 thru to Pictures.

Extremely exciting times in the DT world!

You don't like DT? Thats cool thats what music and tastes are all about!

My little girl - Lily aged 8 says that both Rush and Dt rock 1022.gif she's here at the moment with me, now you can't argue with an eight year old girl can you?

i put on scenes from a memory on in the car ,taking my 5 year old girl to school today.she told me,oh dad turn it up please.i smiled at her then i did. 1022.gif

im freaking out dream theater tickets for radio city music hall are supposed to go sale today,and they havent !!!!aaaaaaaaaaggggg! scared.gif Edited by tick

QUOTE (tangdog @ Dec 8 2005, 02:59 PM)
In my experience, the vast majority of avid and venomous DT bashers are relative newbies to Rush. Not sure why, but there seems to be a correlation there.

Are there any folks out there that have seen Rush in concert in excess of 10
times and think DT sucks? How about 5 times? Just want to test my theory.

That's totally irrelevant about how many times you've seen a band. I've been a Rush fan for 12 years now, and the first time they came to the UK since i was born was 2004, so your theory goes to pot right there. Just because i've seen them once doesn't make me a "rush newbie".

Oh, and i don't like DT

I heard some Liquid Tension Experiment for the first time recently. I thought it was really good. I've not heard too much Dream Theater but if this anything to go by I'm sure I'd like them.

saying that DANNY CAREY is better than NEIL PEART is like saying that a pupils is better than his teacher...before he had completely learned the lesson...

i love DANNY CAREY....but NEIL has thousand times the precision and experience of him...

TOOL are in some way RUSH pupils...good ones...DT are the last of the classroom..

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (dimensionidol @ Dec 29 2005, 12:10 PM)
http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/references/PortnoyRushKit1.jpg

what an unbelievable clown!!!

practice the drum...instead loosing time cloning drum kits....

dazed025.gif

no.gif

Portnoy has already proved he's one of the best. Seems to me, he's a bit like someone else with a complex drumkit. Someone he's a student of.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (dimensionidol @ Dec 29 2005, 06:10 PM)

dazed025.gif

I don't see anything wrong with having a drum kit that resembles Neil Peart's kit. It's sort of like a tribute to him!

And who would you rather have "copying" Neil; Mike Portnoy or Tre Cool?

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Dec 29 2005, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (dimensionidol @ Dec 29 2005, 06:10 PM)

dazed025.gif

I don't see anything wrong with having a drum kit that resembles Neil Peart's kit. It's sort of like a tribute to him!

And who would you rather have "copying" Neil; Mike Portnoy or Tre Cool?

No doubt.... I would Love to have a drum set like Neils....You know what? I would also take a pic of me standing in front of my tight ass drum set. This guy is only doing the same thing that most of us would. I really hope this wouldn't make us bad people. sarcasm.gif