Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

Just Stared playing it. Screw you complainers abot the drum sound.

it's damn good.

ick

Where are you hearing it from? Everyplace I've checked they've taken it down already. How's LaBrie? All the reviews I've read list him as one of the positives.

RE: Drum sound- was it just the Youtube upload that made it sound bad? Trust me man, I'm like you a DT Lifer who's getting this 100% after work on Friday night but I just want a non-distracting drum sound with this.

• Like 1

it's damn good.

ick

Where are you hearing it from? Everyplace I've checked they've taken it down already. How's LaBrie? All the reviews I've read list him as one of the positives.

RE: Drum sound- was it just the Youtube upload that made it sound bad? Trust me man, I'm like you a DT Lifer who's getting this 100% after work on Friday night but I just want a non-distracting drum sound with this.

I'll PM you where i found it.

The drum sound always sounded good to me.....this is from somebody who hated it the past 2 album's drum sound.

Mick

• Like 2

This very Scenes from a Memory.

Mick

I enjoy this concept a lot more.

• Like 1

This is so old school rock opera. like i can say this needs to be heard as 1 piece. Gift of music is WAY WAY better in the album.

But very old school rock opera.

and labrie is killing it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

This is so old school rock opera. like i can say this needs to be heard as 1 piece. Gift of music is WAY WAY better in the album.

But very old school rock opera.

and labrie is killing it.

Mick

Easily a better concept album than CA, and it doesn't sound like a bunch of demos!

it's damn good.

ick

I'll PM you where i found it.

The drum sound always sounded good to me.....this is from somebody who hated it the past 2 album's drum sound.

Mick

Thanks, sir!

• Like 1

Never met a DT album I didn't like. I don't expect this album to be any different. I'm one of those fans.
  • Like 2

Never met a DT album I didn't like. I don't expect this album to be any different. I'm one of those fans.

Yeah, I'm with you on this, I get all giddy and silly when they release a new album, such is my confidence in them. I like them heavy, slow, fast, syrupy, can't lose really.

Flight & ticket bought for Amsterdam! WOOP!

• Like 2

So far this is pretty awesome, and James FRIGGIN' RULES on this!

I hope this shuts up some of his naysayers but it won't haha.

Anybody catch there's a vocal delivery on "A Better Life" that sounds like a line on Octavarium?

• Like 1

I finished it.

Honestly.......amazing.

I'm sorry some are down on it.

i'm playing it through headphones next.

Mick

Thats how I played it today!

Right now, talking with friends...

...so I am playing Shania Twain live!

• Like 1