Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

Score, then the new one Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Budokhan LOOKS the best but James' voice doesn't hold up well after This Dying Soul. Which is the 2nd song :(

I had to look up what Breaking The Fourth Wall was.

How the hell did I miss this release? I had no idea about it until now :facepalm:

It's great! The 2nd set is basically the last half of Awake played in a row, Illumination theory, and 4-5 songs from SFAM.

• Like 2

Score, then the new one Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Budokhan LOOKS the best but James' voice doesn't hold up well after This Dying Soul. Which is the 2nd song :(

I had to look up what Breaking The Fourth Wall was.

How the hell did I miss this release? I had no idea about it until now :facepalm:

It's great! The 2nd set is basically the last half of Awake played in a row, Illumination theory, and 4-5 songs from SFAM.

Oh, I know the setlist. I saw the opening night of the North American tour. I will certainly check it out. I must have been out of the loop briefly to have missed this.

Breaking the Fourth Wall had an unusual marketing strategy: it was released before the tour was over. That may be the readon why they didn't have much time to promote it. And by the way, they came up with this sick jam at the beginning of Trial of Tears, which was only adopted in later shows of that tour, so it didn't make it onto the live album. Such a shame...they usually reference Xanadu at the beginning of this song, but that jam sounded way cooler!

So, one thing i must say is DT really knows how to put a show dvd together! Granted, i just starting getting into show dvd but man the production and camera work is second to none. I have breaking the 4th wall and live at budokan. Budokan is a blu ray copy and i was blown away! Really enjoyed it. Next i will acquire score as previously suggested...

Was really surprised also at what a difference blu ray makes..

• Like 1

So, one thing i must say is DT really knows how to put a show dvd together! Granted, i just starting getting into show dvd but man the production and camera work is second to none. I have breaking the 4th wall and live at budokan. Budokan is a blu ray copy and i was blown away! Really enjoyed it. Next i will acquire score as previously suggested...

Was really surprised also at what a difference blu ray makes..

Score and Budokan are the 2 best Films IMO. Although Score does have james in much Better voice.

The band arre beasts on Budokan though.

Mick

• Like 1

Today at the used cd store they had a copy of falling into infinity.

The interesting part of the story is stamped on the front cover it said

For promtional use only

Not for sale or other transfer

Must be returned if requested by the record company

I decided to buy it. Will save receipt in case record damands it back...

For promtional use only

Lol. I am sure they will come right after you.

For promtional use only

Lol. I am sure they will come right after you.

I used a proxy through the czech republic to post this and paid in cash. Im safe i think

Has anyone heard the authorized cover bootlegs?

Number if the beast, dark side of the moon etc?

Some songs here and there...I get why Portnoy insisted on why they done it, and it was a "nice try" for the band, but it was a "highlight" of their "lame period" (as far as their setlist for certain cities where they play 2 nights in a row go) IMO.

• Like 3

I've just started getting into these guys (mainly posting in the Mick/Segue thread cause they're doing it too) and have been going backwards, and just finished Systematic Chaos a few times tonight. Initial impressions...

Self titled is very good.

ADToE needs more listens. I left slightly underwhelmed but I feel I didn't give half the songs on there enough times around.

Black Clouds and Silver Linings is amazing throughout.

Systematic Chaos...I don't know what they were smoking when they wrote half the songs on here. Some songs are great, while others left me scratching my head.

• Like 3