Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

I'll just get the regular album

The way things stand for me I'd have to pay more for a regular version, and so far I haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else

Check this out:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_18?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=dream+theater+the+astonishing&sprefix=dream+theater+the+%2Caps%2C206

• Like 1

The way things stand for me I'd have to pay more for a regular version, and so far I haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else

Check this out:

https://www.amazon.c...er the ,aps,206

So the mp3 download is more expensive than actually buying the CD, with a booklet and a case? Does...not...compute..

• Like 1

Check this out:

So the mp3 download is more expensive than actually buying the CD, with a booklet and a case? Does...not...compute..

Preorder prices always fluctuate on Amazon from high to low, normal!

• Like 1

Check this out:

mp3 is the most popular format right now. Makes sense to charge more for it since that's where the money is currently. Nobody makes shit off CD sales anymore, sadly.

Check this out:

mp3 is the most popular format right now. Makes sense to charge more for it since that's where the money is currently. Nobody makes shit off CD sales anymore, sadly.

But you buy the CD and get the mp3 files free with Amazon!

Soooo...crazy pricing!

Check this out:

Those are all CD versions, 2 with the patches and the expensive one is regular CD. The digital edition is cheaper than the regular edition. As I said the ones with the Free Patch are the cheapest:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Astonishing-Dream-Theater/dp/B018I0FA76/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1450030629&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=dream+theater+the+astonishing

North American tour dates. Playing 'The Astonishing' in it's entirety.

Apr. 14 - Quebec City, QC - Theatre du Capitole

Apr. 15 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

Apr. 16 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre

Apr. 18 - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre

Apr. 19 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

Apr. 20 - Hartford, CT - Oakdale Theatre

Apr. 23 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall

Apr. 24 - Baltimore, MD - Hippodrome Theatre

Apr. 26 - Greensburg, PA - Palace Theater

Apr. 27 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre

Apr. 30 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theater

May 01 - Minneapolis, MN - State Theater

May 03 - Denver, CO - Paramount Theatre

May 07 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern

May 10 - Portland, OR - Schnitzer

May 11 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theater

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dream-theater-to-perform-entire-the-astonishing-album-on-north-american-tour/

• Like 3

I've got a general DT question...

If Myung is such a great bassist, why is he always buried in the mix to the point where you can barely hear him?

Phew! Thought I was alone in thinking this.

If Myung is such a great bassist, why is he always buried in the mix to the point where you can barely hear him?

You're not the only ones. It's been a debate for years. Yeah, you don't really hear him that well a lot of the time unless there is a specific point in a song where he does a little solo or something. He is playing though. If you watch him live, he's going to town on that bass. But what exactly is he playing? Who knows? But he is doing stuff.

• Like 1

You're not the only ones. It's been a debate for years. Yeah, you don't really hear him that well a lot of the time unless there is a specific point in a song where he does a little solo or something. He is playing though. If you watch him live, he's going to town on that bass. But what exactly is he playing? Who knows? But he is doing stuff.

Myung is a great bass player just for keeping up with those crazy time signatures they use. That said though, he just follows John Petrucci most of the time, and that's why he's so buried in the mix.

• Like 2

Myung is beyond great. Might be one of the best bassists ever.

Sure he doubles up JP a ton but IMO that's what helps make the DT sound.*

*That and random circus music.

• Like 1

If you isolate his bass sound you'll notice how good he is. On recent albums the drums are rather thin, so you can hear him a bit more. On "Along for the Ride" his tone is quite similar to Geddy's Rickenbacker for example.

Score, then the new one Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Budokhan LOOKS the best but James' voice doesn't hold up well after This Dying Soul. Which is the 2nd song :(

• Like 1

Myung is a great bass player just for keeping up with those crazy time signatures they use. That said though, he just follows John Petrucci most of the time, and that's why he's so buried in the mix.

I know how good he is and that he just plays along with Petrucci most of the time. My comments were meant to be somewhat humorous when I asked what exactly is he playing?

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Budokhan LOOKS the best but James' voice doesn't hold up well after This Dying Soul. Which is the 2nd song :(

thanks. I saw the new one in the store. But im going to look for score as reviews also praised this one

I had to look up what Breaking The Fourth Wall was.

How the hell did I miss this release? I had no idea about it until now :facepalm:

• Like 1

It's a shame that his talents aren't highlighted by their mixing.