Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

I dunno what it is...I'm a long time DT fan, but have ZERO drive so far to dive into the story of The Astonishing.

And this is after you hearing The Gift of Music, as I've read here...

I honestly can't understand how any DT fan can dislike that song, but whatever... Your loss I guess ;)

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 2

I dunno what it is...I'm a long time DT fan, but have ZERO drive so far to dive into the story of The Astonishing.

ROD!

You are the smartest Ween Theater Fan on here!!!! I have you back. The Fanboi DT Fools have no clue to what music is that is played from the heart and soul.

That is why we are on this Forum because of a real original band called RUSH.

I can say this and not give a shit because I too at one time absolutely LOVED DREAM THEATER!

I've met them all a few times.

I'm not some hater or hack.

I feel sorry for the humans on here and around the world who still go LADY GAGA over this text book cover band from New York City!

Oh well! Enjoy it! Rudeness and LaBrie Cheese ruined the band.

"Awake" is brilliant.

So now this crappy hack band is doing Dungeons & Dragons concept albums????

NO WONDER RUSH FANS LOVE THIS SHITTY BAND!!!!!!!

When you listen to RAVENSKILL do you like to play dress up in Peter Pan clothing and swing your tiny pink sword around the room with naked Barbie dolls?

Do you eat Pizza Hut while popping Cheetos into your mouth?

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Signed,

"AIRPLANE!"

That album with the airplane on the cover with the tightrope and stupid clown guy on the uni-cycle is so cliche.

See SUPERTRAMP rookies!

• Like 1

Dream Theater are surpassing all my expectations. Where once I was bored after two songs...I now sit and replay and just listen to certain songs over, and over again!

So much to absorb and take in! I really, really wish I had dipped into their music back in 2006 when I first discovered them, before the release of Systematic Chaos.

I remember being in the record store, and it was between Dream Theater or the hyped Trivium. I went for Trivium (which I must say I loved for a good two years), but ultimately, I think that was a mistake. I would have LOVED these in my teen years...

Never mind.

• Like 2

And this is after hearing The Gift of Music, as I've read here...

I honestly can't understand how any DT fan can dislike that song, but whatever... Your loss I guess ;)

MY GAIN!

I have to do my laundry now after 20 years!!

Funny. 20 years ago I loved Dream Theater.

Now they are intellectual hacks selling Disney to little prog children.

GROW UP!

Dream Theater are surpassing all my expectations. Where once I was bored after two songs...I now sit and replay and just listen to certain songs over, and over again!

So much to absorb and take in! I really, really wish I had dipped into their music back in 2006 when I first discovered them, before the release of Systematic Chaos.

I remember being in the record store, and it was between Dream Theater or the hyped Trivium. I went for Trivium (which I must say I loved for a good two years), but ultimately, I think that was a mistake. I would have LOVED these in my teen years...

Never mind.

Well young friend. I was married to Wendy and I am Peter Pan.

As you can tell by my wasted banter on this forum I will never grow up.

Hence who gives a shit.

Dream Theater has become a shell of itself. They are the new One Direction I mean Erection Of Prog.

ROD!

You are the smartest Ween Theater Fan on here!!!! I have you back. The Fanboi DT Fools have no clue to what music is that is played from the heart and soul.

That is why we are on this Forum because of a real original band called RUSH.

I can say this and not give a shit because I too at one time absolutely LOVED DREAM THEATER!

I've met them all a few times.

I'm not some hater or hack.

I feel sorry for the humans on here and around the world who still go LADY GAGA over this text book cover band from New York City!

Oh well! Enjoy it! Rudeness and LaBrie Cheese ruined the band.

"Awake" is brilliant.

So now this crappy hack band is doing Dungeons & Dragons concept albums????

NO WONDER RUSH FANS LOVE THIS SHITTY BAND!!!!!!!

When you listen to RAVENSKILL do you like to play dress up in Peter Pan clothing and swing your tiny pink sword around the room with naked Barbie dolls?

Do you eat Pizza Hut while popping Cheetos into your mouth?

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Signed,

"AIRPLANE!"

That album with the airplane on the cover with the tightrope and stupid clown guy on the uni-cycle is so cliche.

See SUPERTRAMP rookies!

I honestly don't care if the music comes from the heart or not. DT are AMAZING metal!

But as always, direct me to other bands (Dokken are one I love you for), make my day!

Never mind.

Well young friend. I was married to Wendy and I am Peter Pan.

As you can tell by my wasted banter on this forum I will never grow up.

Hence who gives a shit.

Dream Theater has become a shell of itself. They are the new One Direction I mean Erection Of Prog.

Ya know what buddy...

"Nobody can drag me down...NOBODY NOBODY!"

SERIOUSLY LOVE THAT ONE DIRECTION SONG!

MY GAIN!

GROW UP!

Well, is anyone else creating Disney Prog?

...Exactly ;)

• Like 1

MY GAIN!

GROW UP!

...Exactly ;)

Um...Nightwish wrote FastasMic, which is a symphonic metal homage to Disney...plus lyrics scattered all over Imaginaerum have Disney references...they have prog flavoured arrangements...

I love Disney. Earl sucks at offending me!

MY GAIN!

GROW UP!

...Exactly ;)

Um...Nightwish wrote FastasMic, which is a symphonic metal homage to Disney...plus lyrics scattered all over Imaginaerum have Disney references...they have prog flavoured arrangements...

I acknowledge that this very well may be true, but as you've agreed to yourself in the past

anything good = prog

anything not good = not prog

;)

• Like 1

MY GAIN!

GROW UP!

...Exactly ;)

I acknowledge that this very well may be true, but as you've agreed to yourself in the past

anything good = prog

anything not good = not prog

;)

Aww I believe in bad prog...I said that coz its a fault in others who deny it haha!

DREAM THEATER RULE!

GHOST SUCK!!

Signed,

Ya Mum

• Like 1

Just because I don´t have the drive to pursuit DT´s latest offering it doesn´t mean it´s bad...I´m just happy with what they have given us so far, and for now, I´m focusing on other bands. I´m sure I´ll get it from now until the album is released, but for the time being, I just don´t feel it. Easy, Mr. Not!
  • Like 1

I honestly don't care if the music comes from the heart or not. DT are AMAZING metal!

While I agree, there's definitely some heart within the "Dream Theater" formula.

And it completely shines in the I&W/MP2:SFAM albums, as well as several songs scattered throughout their discog.

• Like 1

Just because I don´t have the drive to pursuit DT´s latest offering it doesn´t mean it´s bad...I´m just happy with what they have given us so far, and for now, I´m focusing on other bands. I´m sure I´ll get it from now until the album is released, but for the time being, I just don´t feel it. Easy, Mr. Not!

Sorry for being presumptuous and misunderstanding -- in any case: no worries, I think I get where you're coming from :cheers:

What other bands have you been focused on?

I did that with lots of bands. I always catch up, but on my own watch, not anyone else's!

Sorry for being presumptuous and misunderstanding -- in any case: no worries, I think I get where you're coming from :cheers:

What other bands have you been focused on?

Not many new acts...but I recently went on a Zeppelin binge with the reissues coming up, and have also rediscovered Armored Saint. Pearl Jam came to Rio last month, so I heard all their albums in a week. And the list goes on!

• Like 1

No idea where Earl is getting the Peter Pan stuff. It's more similar to 2112 than Peter Pan Disney. Speaking of Disney, Dio made an amazing concept album in 2000 called Magica. That had dragons wizards and robots!

my good buddy earl's just has got a man Crush on Kevin Moore Era DT. Anything that ain't that is Disney, lol

Mick

Pre-Ordered the ultimate bundle set.

A very impressive package, this looks like it will be an insane epic album. Can't wait to hear it on vinyl and digital flac!!!!

• Like 1

Pre-Ordered the ultimate bundle set.

A very impressive package, this looks like it will be an insane epic album. Can't wait to hear it on vinyl and digital flac!!!!

I do want it...buts I can't!