6. Black Clouds

7. Dramatic Turn of Events

8. Train of Thought

9. Falling into Infinity

10. Awake

11. When Dream and Day Unite

12. Systematic Chaos

Mick

Awake is so far the worst. The Mindfields of DT's career.

Awake is good......i just don't like the Vocals. Still hate SC.

Mick

• Like 1

My updated DT Rankings

1. Scenes

2. Octavarium

3. Six Degrees

4. Images

5. DT

6. Black Clouds

7. Dramatic Turn of Events

8. Train of Thought

9. Falling into Infinity

10. Awake

11. When Dream and Day Unite

12. Systematic Chaos

Mick

Awake is so far the worst. The Mindfields of DT's career.

Awake is good......i just don't like the Vocals. Still hate SC.

Mick

Like I said yesterday, SC reminds me of the metal I used to listen too back in the day. But to be fair, it isn't the best!

• Like 1

Playing Awake. First thing I notice is that I am not hating 6:00, but it is easily the worst songs I have heard from them thus far.

But the energy is infectious! Hopefully another top notch album...

Oh no! 6:00 is a classic, that whole Album is great but as a piece of work it's pretty different than their other stuff.

You will notice throughout that there are reoccurring themes too. For example there's part of The Mirror in Lie.

• Like 1

Playing Awake. First thing I notice is that I am not hating 6:00, but it is easily the worst songs I have heard from them thus far.

Oh no! 6:00 is a classic, that whole Album is great but as a piece of work it's pretty different than their other stuff.

You will notice throughout that there are reoccurring themes too. For example there's part of The Mirror in Lie.

I will keep this in mind! I have a strong feeling the next few months will see me really getting stuck into these albums. So much to take in! I am enjoying it all! It pleases both my metal instincts and my love of AOR, so so far nothing has been boring.

• Like 2

Awake has the Mind beside Itself Mini-Suite. which is great.

Mick

Remember when I said I couldn't get into this band coz Labrie totally did my nut in?

This was the last album I had played and well...the songs are good but I wanna punch his jaw off.

• Like 1

Mick

Remember when I said I couldn't get into this band coz Labrie totally did my nut in?

This was the last album I had played and well...the songs are good but I wanna punch his jaw off.

welcome to my world. i just hate the grunge thing he's trying to do. You suck at it James.......Stop, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

welcome to my world. i just hate the grunge thing he's trying to do. You suck at it James.......Stop, lol

Mick

I really hate it...but BUT I really like the rest of the album so not gonna hate on it.

Besides, the production is WAY to clean to pull off an alt-rock 90's vibe. A bit of a weird juxtaposition going on here.

• Like 1

Don't kill me fans but um......james vocal in the silent Man is very George Michael-ish.

it is, lol

Mick

I hear it!

Of course, a George Michael song post-puberty.

• Like 1

Don't kill me fans but um......james vocal in the silent Man is very George Michael-ish.

it is, lol

Mick

I hear it!

same tone. same Vibrato. it's the kind of song solo george would write even.

Mick

it is, lol

Mick

I hear it!

Mick

It's odd...The Mirror is awesome...I hate the vocal...I adore the song...Andrew Lloyd Webber meets Metallica..

• Like 1

Lie

This is funky fresh!

Groovy, melodic, heavy, awesome, heavy, addictive, heavy...BEST SONG SO FAR!

10/10

• Like 2

it is, lol

Mick

I hear it!

Mick

It's odd...The Mirror is awesome...I hate the vocal...I adore the song...Andrew Lloyd Webber meets Metallica..

the Mirior/Lie is a great combo. just stop singing James, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I will keep this in mind! I have a strong feeling the next few months will see me really getting stuck into these albums. So much to take in! I am enjoying it all! It pleases both my metal instincts and my love of AOR, so so far nothing has been boring.

It actually really helped me get through my divorce, to be honest.

So now it's hard to listen to it and not think about that time.

But hey, it helped so there you go!

• Like 1

might i say.........i ADORE Space Dyed Vest............just......... :wub:

Mick

Getting there...

HURRY UP SCARRED I AM RUNNING OUT OF CARE!

• Like 1

Go for Ravenskill, t-d!

I don't know though the Empire patch is black and looks more dangerous! I'll feel like a real man with that in my DT collection oooo yeah. The Ravenskill one is white and harmless looking like a baby pet rabbit! :16ton:

Which one are you going for Rod?

Go for Ravenskill, t-d!

I don't know though the Empire patch is black and looks more dangerous! I'll feel like a real man with that in my DT collection oooo yeah. The Ravenskill one is white and harmless looking like a baby pet rabbit! :16ton:

Which one are you going for Rod?

Get Both. Be A True Fan.

I dunno what it is...I'm a long time DT fan, but have ZERO drive so far to dive into the story of The Astonishing.

I don't really do well with big fantasy epic concept albums either...2112 and Jeff Wayne's War Of The World's are pretty much it...although Metropolis and Six Degrees are piquing my interest.

I come for the music!