Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Jul 13 2007, 07:02 AM)
Hi everybody, I want to feel smart so here it comes:
Ass and balls!

I had the "eat my ass and balls" t-shirt I got off MP's store, but lost it! I wore it to a DT show once and the girl doing security laughed her ass off every time I passed through into the main floor area she was working. I wonder where that shirt ended up? It was a great conversation starter, that's for sure... wink.gif

Anyone going to the Detroit or Cleveland shows? See you there!

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 1 2007, 12:10 AM)
As a long time DT fan, I just discovered their 1996 christmas CD (which includes Rush's Tears.)

O Holy Night is AMAZING when performed by LaBrie!

Wow... blown away! yes.gif

I've got the Awake boot cd and it includes the Tears studio cover on the B side. I saw them do anthem live a few tours ago in concert, too. That was sweet. Then there's the jones beach boot dvd where they do necromancer. super cool.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 1 2007, 01:10 AM)

It aint too shabby when Nat King Cole does it either.

This is too cool. This is posted by the administrator of the MP site. Go to lonk below for picture of the boys and the governor.

Yesterday at DT's Salt Lake City show, Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr. signed a proclamation making July 30th 2007 "DREAM THEATER DAY" in the state of Utah.

It turns out Governor Huntsman is a big Prog Rock and Dream Theater fan and had a particular fondness for Jordan Rudess being a keyboard player himself.

The band is pictured here with the Governor as well as two of his sons (one of whom is a drummer and a huge MP fan)

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1749244

Its not April 1st is it?

anyone need 2 great orch seats for the pnc on aug 24th. let me know 1022.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 1 2007, 12:17 AM)
As a long time DT fan, I just discovered their 1996 christmas CD (which includes Rush's Tears.)

Hey, are you gonna be in St. Paul for the Rush show on September 9th?

(oops.gif sorry for going off-topic for a second... I'll get it back on soon)

Absolutely, being a bit on the newer side of hardcore Rush fandom, I've never caught them in concert before. Last time, when they were in Minneapolis, I missed out. This time, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I'm going to see DT tonight, in my lovely town of Austin, Tx. I'll post back with a review. trink39.gif

Dream Theater put on a GREAT show last night yes.gif Very memorable. I've seen them twice before, and this was by far the best I've ever seen them.

They did a medley for the encore of Trail of Tears, Learning to Live, In the Name of God, and another song from Train of Thought that I can't remember its title.

If you get a chance to see them, I recommend it!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (DustFerret @ Aug 5 2007, 11:45 AM)
Saw them in San Diego, the day after the Bowl as well.

Awesome show. I really liked Into Eternity.

Severe......emotional....distress.

Where were you sitting/standing?

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 1 2007, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 1 2007, 12:17 AM)

Hey, are you gonna be in St. Paul for the Rush show on September 9th?

(oops.gif sorry for going off-topic for a second... I'll get it back on soon)

Absolutely, being a bit on the newer side of hardcore Rush fandom, I've never caught them in concert before. Last time, when they were in Minneapolis, I missed out. This time, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Me too! I'm going to make sure to get myself a TRF shirt, maybe we can meet up or something? 1022.gif

Sadly, I'm not making it on the 8th for Dream Theater. My parents decided 1 six-hour trip was enough. laugh.gif

I'm going to the Wembley Arena gig!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooo-hooooooooo!

Rush in Manchester the following night!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

(Composes himself, changes underwear)

My amazing wife gave me the green light, seeing as I'm going to see Rush in Sheffield and Newcastle the previous week I wasn't going to push it, seeing as she's 5 and a half months pregnant. The woman's a legend, she might hate my music, but she understands what it means to me.

Bringing my one and only nephew along as well, for his 18th birthday.

Just saw them last night, the setlist wasn't their best ever, but they played PHENOMINALLY, and they even added "Spirit Carries On" as a tribute to the bridge collapse victims, showing a lot of class.

The crowd was more into this concert than any other i've ever been to, so much every in that theater.

Then I got to meet James LaBrie after the concert, and he signed the Dark Side of the Moon Dream Theater Bootleg DVD I had just bought.

http://home.comcast.net/~mike.moritz/dark_signed_of_the_moon.JPG

Edited by KenJennings

Saw DT in Cleveland last night and the meet n greet was... um.... interesting.... Here's how it went, wording not exact I am sure but pretty damn close...

I am in the line to get my picture taken with them, wearing my The Rush Forum shirt. My turn comes, I walk up:

Me: "Hey guys, how ya doing?"

Mike Portnoy: "The Rush Forum? You guys think we suck."

Me: "Huh? That's not true!"

Jorden Rudess (? Need to confirm it was him and not one of the other members of the band when I get my picture): "Who thinks we suck?"

Mike Portnoy: "They do - The Rush Forum. They hate us over there"

Me: "That isn't true - only 3 or 4 people are like that, just ignore them."

During the signing I was like "Really, there are only a few people who say that, I wouldn't be here if I thought you sucked" to which Mike mumbled something like "It's ok".

I thought it sucked, I was embarrassed for this website because of the dildos here who have to be as vocal as possible in how much they think "DT sucks"...

Concert was great, but I was disappointed in my seats. While I had third row, I was off to the side and it was actually a limited view seat in the end - I couldn't see Portnoy, I could see John P about half the time, and could hardly see Jordan. I am surprised they would allow someone to pay $300 face value for a seat like this. I ended up leaving during encore because I had a 4 hour drive home and was tired of craning my neck to see...

DT does not suck and I am ashamed that Mike Portnoy has actually read those assinine comments here....

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 12 2007, 02:11 PM)
I feel for you RR. That must have been brutal.

I was embarrassed and shocked.... I hardly knew what to say. I guess if I could think it through again and be prepared for a comment like that, it would have been something like "Yeah, I think you suck, that's why I flew to Bogota to see you, that is why I paid $300 and drove 4 hours each way for a shitty seat and a meet n greet here"...

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 12 2007, 01:05 PM)
Saw DT in Cleveland last night and the meet n greet was... um.... interesting.... Here's how it went, wording not exact I am sure but pretty damn close...

I am in the line to get my picture taken with them, wearing my The Rush Forum shirt. My turn comes, I walk up:

Jorden Rudess: "Who thinks we suck?"

During the signing I was like "Really, there are only a few people who say that, I wouldn't be here if I thought you sucked" to which Mike mumbled something like "It's ok".

I thought it sucked, I was embarrassed for this website because of the dildos here who have to be as vocal as possible in how much they think "DT sucks"...

Concert was great, but I was disappointed in my seats. While I had third row, I was off to the side and it was actually a limited view seat in the end - I couldn't see Portnoy, I could see John P about half the time, and could hardly see Jordan. I am surprised they would allow someone to pay $300 face value for a seat like this. I ended up leaving during encore because I had a 4 hour drive home and was tired of craning my neck to see...

DT does not suck and I am ashamed that Mike Portnoy has actually read those assinine comments here....

Errrrrr Necrooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2007, 01:19 PM)
Saw DT in Cleveland last night and the meet n greet was... um.... interesting....  Here's how it went, wording not exact I am sure but pretty damn close...

I am in the line to get my picture taken with them, wearing my The Rush Forum shirt.  My turn comes, I walk up:

Me: "Huh?  That's not true!"

Mike Portnoy: "They do - The Rush Forum.  They hate us over there"

Concert was great, but I was disappointed in my seats.  While I had third row, I was off to the side and it was actually a limited view seat in the end - I couldn't see Portnoy, I could see John P about half the time, and could hardly see Jordan.  I am surprised they would allow someone to pay $300 face value for a seat like this.  I ended up leaving during encore because I had a 4 hour drive home and was tired of craning my neck to see...

Errrrrr Necrooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 12 2007, 02:21 PM)
So we still don't have any idea whether Geddy, Alex, and Neil read this site...but at least now we know that Mike Portnoy does. Hi Mike!

Good point!! It was an uncomfortable moment for RR without a doubt. But look at the silver lining: Dream Theater obviously visit TRF from time to time trink39.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 12 2007, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 12 2007, 02:21 PM)
So we still don't have any idea whether Geddy, Alex, and Neil read this site...but at least now we know that Mike Portnoy does. Hi Mike!

Good point!! It was an uncomfortable moment for RR without a doubt. But look at the silver lining: Dream Theater obviously visit TRF from time to time trink39.gif

Viewing the same page as Mike Portnoy? I'm honored! biggrin.gif

I don't hate you, Mike! Look at my sig! laugh.gif

Damn, thats quite a story. I gotta say that in my opinion the amount of DT hating has gone down dramatically since I first joined this board. Several haters have been converted and most others at least acknowledge their talent even if the music is not their cup of tea.

I wonder if MP has his Rush forums mixed up? I think I remember someone telling me about an Official DT Sucks thread over at the Counterparts forum? Just doesn't seem to be that much hate for them here.