Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

New Dream Theater, Tremonti, Trivium and Iron Maiden before November?

Take my money!

All these bands new stuff has me moist.

• Like 2

Probably have to get another one of those art books to get everything I need. Holding off on buying tickets until I get better idea of where this Covid thing is going. Normally Dream Theater tickets would be a no brainer but not this year.

You are justified to be concerned large gatherings may not be a thing for much longer at the rate delta is spreading and degree of sickness it's causing compared to the original.

We'll see. Too many unknowns at this point but maybe more will be known in November and I might get to see them anyway. Saw Jordan Rudess in June and that seemed to go well. Kind of regret getting Neal Morse tickets for October, but we'll see how that goes too.

Live Nation said yesterday that they will require proof of vaccination or a negative covid test for all concerts in the US. I don't know if that will cover your Dream Theater show but at least they're trying to do something to make people feel ok going to shows again.

We'll see. The timing isn't looking great...even for Neal Morse now which I got tickets before things started heading south.

I haven't even listened, but ordered the artbook and bluray package just for the 5.1 mix, which they tend to do fairly well.

I'm avoiding everything until the artbook arrives. Should probably order relatively soon.

• Like 1

I didn't like this one as much as the alien. got heavy Dramatic turn of Events vibes off it. that said i still think this is the best this era has ever sounded on record. and i'm glad James is using that lower register more and no longer killing himself.

this is probably gonna be a grower.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Really excited for the new album. I loved DoT BTW.....killer record, killer tour.

We have our front row Mike P side orchestra tickets for the Tampa Show. Not missing that.

I loved this song so much more! Felt like Images meets Awake with modern production!

I loved this song so much more! Felt like Images meets Awake with modern production!

REALLY.......i like it fine but it's by the numbers DT. not bad really bland though.

but it's ok i still LOVE the first single.

Mick

I didn't find the first song particularly groundbreaking either lol

I don't find the new song to be anything special. Sounds to me like one of those songs that will sound better in the context of the album.

my thoughts exactly i've heard it about 4 times still boring. but that's no indication of anything.

the first song excited me way more though......still does.

Mick

Why does James look so angry in this interview?

http://youtu.be/vCoiAWQigP4

Like, Mike's cracking a few jokes at the beginning, and everyone seems to respond except James.

• Like 1

Tour postponed to next year due to covid concerns. I guess they're just not quite ready to get back out there even though many tours and sporting events are back to full capacity.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dream-theater-postpones-north-american-tour-due-to-covid-19-concerns/

Edited by J2112YYZ

Tour postponed to next year due to covid concerns. I guess they're just not quite ready to get back out there even though many tours and sporting events are back to full capacity.

https://www.blabberm...id-19-concerns/

Fair enough. When they do come back I'm sure they'll sell out after being away for so long, and with a new album to promote.

It's amazing these guys can put out new music so frequently. Been waiting for over a decade for a new King's X album.

DT have a hype machine with the metal press. King's X never got the attention they deserve from the metal press.

DT as a brand are HUGE, and they cater for their audience and nurture the legacy well.

Absolutely!!

It's amazing these guys can put out new music so frequently. Been waiting for over a decade for a new King's X album.

DT have a hype machine with the metal press. King's X never got the attention they deserve from the metal press.

Or is it the fact that musically King's X doesn't really have a mass appeal quality to them like Dream Theater does? I think King's X was a much harder band to market.

• Like 1

Or is it the fact that musically King's X doesn't really have a mass appeal quality to them like Dream Theater does? I think King's X was a much harder band to market.

King's X definitely has the chops for mass appeal, but they've leaned into some odd musical choices over the years. The lack of a promotion machine behind them after the Dogman era certainly is a factor.