Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

Ugh.......Dave Mustaine, lol

musically great band though.

Mick

I have no issue with his voice.

• Like 2

TA-LOVE IT!

Act One is DT at their best,but Act Two is not too far behind,though the last few tracks are a bit overblown to say the least,and Hymn of a Thosand Voices is pretty awful actually.

Happily the rest of the album is very,very good,and my favourite songs include Act of Faythe,Three Days,A Life Left Behind,A New Beginning, and The Path That Divides.

Disappointed with the packaging however!

DT have delivered a quality record!

• Like 2

TA-LOVE IT!

Act One is DT at their best,but Act Two is not too far behind,though the last few tracks are a bit overblown to say the least,and Hymn of a Thosand Voices is pretty awful actually.

Happily the rest of the album is very,very good,and my favourite songs include Act of Faythe,Three Days,A Life Left Behind,A New Beginning, and The Path That Divides.

Disappointed with the packaging however!

DT have delivered a quality record!

yes.........1 more Da love side. llol

people say act 2 is weaker........but it's REALLY opening up to me.

Mick

• Like 1

The album is full of melodies. But all of them are too Celine Dion-ish for me. And even the heavier moments are not that heavy, full of ideas they have done to death.

Yikes. Like i have said the prog metal torch was passed from dt to btbam when colors came out.

Interesting for Rush fans to not relate to a band taking chances and not getting stale. Its one album, not the tone for the rest of there career.

Besides you know you want to see this epic!

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/61649ec8164091c0dfb19074a80ac2c8.jpg

• Like 3

I'm not faulting Anyone for not liking TA.

what get's me is this

"I wish they'd do something Different."

they do.

"Ew.....i wish it were more like Images."

Can't win, lol

Mick

If someone is still part of the "I wish it were more like Images crowd" then they should have stopped listening to the band years ago, seriously.

I've been a fan since that album was new and i've never once thought that listening to any of their other albums. I do get a similar vibe to Images when I listen to Dramatic Turn. It's just a modern version of the sound they had on Images, that's all.

• Like 2

what get's me is this

they do.

Can't win, lol

Mick

If someone is still part of the "I wish it were more like Images crowd" then they should have stopped listening to the band years ago, seriously.

I've been a fan since that album was new and i've never once thought that listening to any of their other albums. I do get a similar vibe to Images when I listen to Dramatic Turn. It's just a modern version of the sound they had on Images, that's all.

If you really are pining for older stuff.

put on the old records, lol

i just see that a lot.

Mick

• Like 1

what get's me is this

they do.

Can't win, lol

Mick

So true! You just can't please anyone these days!

Each to his own………!

• Like 1

I don't find anything other than maybe the concept different.

Same ballads they keep throwing at us.

Same typical DT melodies.

Same generic instrumentation.

Candy coated Broadway style, a more saccharine version of some of the stuff they had tried on Systematic Chaos.

I hear nothing new. And the rock opera thing, maybe new to DT but it adds nothing new to the genre.

I am still divided between admiration and boredom. It peaked earlier this weak, but its overall to familiar sounding to impress. I got the same vibe off the last two records as well.

• Like 2

Candy coated Broadway style, a more saccharine version of some of the stuff they had tried on Systematic Chaos.

I hear nothing new. And the rock opera thing, maybe new to DT but it adds nothing new to the genre.

I am still divided between admiration and boredom. It peaked earlier this weak, but its overall to familiar sounding to impress. I got the same vibe off the last two records as well.

we are now tracking the Segue Love/meh meter.

we are now back to meh.........stay tuned folks.

Love ya bud, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Holy Smokes - you waffle more on this album than any career politician - I've been checking in on the mood for this release and I've seen you praise it as "Fantastic" and the next day it's "Crapola!" "Have trouble making decisions? well, yes and no!" lol :)

Personally, it has fallen waaaaayyyyyy short for me - really not digging it. I've only been able to give it a few chances, but man, really not getting it for me. I've been a fan since I&A in 92; really liked the self titled, but really feel blah about this album. Too many syruppy balads, too many chiche parts, terrible grating fake drum sound - I almost can't listen to it. Rarely have I been so repulsed by an album from a band that I generally like.

• Like 4

Holy Smokes - you waffle more on this album than any career politician - I've been checking in on the mood for this release and I've seen you praise it as "Fantastic" and the next day it's "Crapola!" "Have trouble making decisions? well, yes and no!" lol :)

Personally, it has fallen waaaaayyyyyy short for me - really not digging it. I've only been able to give it a few chances, but man, really not getting it for me. I've been a fan since I&A in 92; really liked the self titled, but really feel blah about this album. Too many syruppy balads, too many chiche parts, terrible grating fake drum sound - I almost can't listen to it. Rarely have I been so repulsed by an album from a band that I generally like.

that's our Segue.

I also think it's due to the crash course he took in DT.

Like food. he overstuffed.

and he's sick now, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000