Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

Going to chicago show

Hope you like the new album a lot then. They are playing all 2HRS AND 15 MINS of it live ;)

They'll probably throw in a few old songs to close out the show. So, on the upside you'll get to see a headliner play close to three hours. But if you don't care for the new stuff, it will be a tough show to get through.

I don't think they will. They went through a lot of trouble to mention that this is going to be a separate thing from a normal concert.

I'd guess nothing except The Astonishing for this small tour.

I had a amazon gift card so broke down and ordered the dark side of the moon official bootleg...these are the authorized ones..

Also pre ordered the astonishing

Mangini's drum sound on their latest recordings is shit and really hurts the impact of those performances. This drum clinic recording is much better, the drums aren't compressed to the point they sound electronic/clicky and horribly gated.

SC Has jumped to number 4 in my top five DT albums. Incredibly fun, bat shit insane record.

Mick

I love Systematic Chaos. It is by far my favourite DT record. I don't care what other people think.

• Like 4

SC Has jumped to number 4 in my top five DT albums. Incredibly fun, bat shit insane record.

Mick

I love Systematic Chaos. It is by far my favourite DT record. I don't care what other people think.

It is crackers!!!!

Mick

It is crackers!!!!

It seems people either love or hate this one.

It's just....they totally jumped the shark on Systematic Chaos IMO.

Mick

It is crackers!!!!

why does everyone hate? Its f***ing brilliant!!!

If anything it proves I am right and everyone who doesn't believe it is wrong.

• Like 1

Mick

It is crackers!!!!

I don't hate the album, i've just grown indifferent to most of it as time's gone by. I certainly wouldn't turn it off if or leave the room if someone put it on. But it's hardly the first album I go for when i'm in the mood for the band. I can listen to In The Presence Of Enemies and Constant Motion anytime time. The rest I need to be in a certain mood to hear.

I loved the album when it came out but that's faded over time. I'm not sure why that is? The love is just no longer there anymore :huh:

Edited by J2112YYZ

Mick

It is crackers!!!!

I don't hate the album, i've just grown indifferent to most of it as time's gone by. I certainly wouldn't turn it off if or leave the room if someone put it on. But it's hardly the first album I go for when i'm in the mood for the band. I can listen to In The Presence Of Enemies and Constant Motion anytime time. The rest I need to be in a certain mood to hear.

I loved the album when it came out but that's faded over time. I'm not sure why that is? The love is just no longer there anymore :huh:

That I totally get.

Its like that with me and Vapor Trails.

Mick

It is crackers!!!!

That I totally get.

Its like that with me and Vapor Trails.

Wow!!!!!!!! I totally agree! I loved "Vapor Trails" when it came out.

Today I think it's one of the worst records in the world. Like "St Anger" by Metallica and like "Train of Tw@t" by Dream Theater.

I can't wait for the new DT album!!

Is there a limited edition version with a Dungeons And Dragons "Bored" game? "Roll the Bones" Dream Theater Nerds!

Will the new album be immaculate or GARBAGE?

Ask The Hobbit. He knows the real truth!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

You DT Harry Potter Nerds can't label me a Troll because I used to be one of DT's biggest fans on the planet.

So save your comments for Mike Portnoy's website.

A very talented drummer who is also one of the world's biggest loser.

Even Captain Bluebeard is pissed at him......

You DT Harry Potter Nerds can't label me a Troll because I used to be one of DT's biggest fans on the planet.

So, I assume not a fan anymore?

So, I assume not a fan anymore?

Yeah, what done 'em in for you? Granted, I'm no longer a DT fan the way I was back when I was in my "DT phase" in 12th grade, but I still like them for the albums I enjoy from them.

That was taken down, but there's a few up there now.

Song is called "Moment of Betrayal".

Song-wise, it's really good but god damnit it's that shitty drum sound again and it just brings the whole thing down.

I mean here you have a top-tier band, these master musicians all around, and so many other far lesser bands have a drum sound and mix that just blows this away. I thought that the self-titled drum sound might have been an oddity as far as the drum sound goes but nope it appears that's just how Mangini likes it :(

f**k, what are the chances they can get Portnoy back to produce and mix the next album?

Say what you will, but the dude knows how to get a great drum sound and mix.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 3

Post "it's your loss" below if you want, but I have ZERO drive to follow The Astonishing's storyline. And judging by the tracks shown so far, musically it's exactly the same as their previous album, with an even worse drum sound.
  • Like 2

Post "it's your loss" below if you want, but I have ZERO drive to follow The Astonishing's storyline. And judging by the tracks shown so far, musically it's exactly the same as their previous album, with an even worse drum sound.

Sorry Rod but nothing's worse then the self titled drum sound. much as i love thatt record. I think the Astonishing's drum sound is an upgrade.

That's just me though.

Mick

Sorry Rod but nothing's worse then the self titled drum sound. much as i love thatt record. I think the Astonishing's drum sound is an upgrade.

That's just me though.

Mick

I love the self titled but yes, the drum production on that album is poor. It wasn't nearly as bad on ADToE.

• Like 1