15 Salem, OR Elsinore Theatre

17 San Francisco, CA The Warfield

18 Riverside, CA Fox PAC

19 Los Angeles, CA The Orpheum

23 Mexico City, MX Arena Ciudad De Mexico

25 Monterrey, MX Arena Monterrey

26 Guadalajara, MX Auditorio Telmex

Toronto is the closest one to me, so I'll be there on opening night :cool:

No southern US dates. I might never see these guys. Ugh.

Well, they did two North American legs last tour. Maybe they'll do two on this tour as well. It does seem odd that a city like Atlanta would get skipped over and there's nothing in Texas or Florida.

• Like 1

Not sure if I'll see them on this tour. I would go to the Boston show but I don't know any other Dream Theater fans around here who have cars (apparently the trains stop running in Boston at around 11 pm, so that option's out). Hopefully I'll find a way to get to NYC, as it would be great to see them play a full "evening with" show.

They have confirmed the Evening With format, but has anyone heard anything about multiple setlists?

I wouldn't be surprised if they rotated a handful of songs every other show like Rush did on their last tour. I don't see them changing it completely up every night. That was Portnoy's thing to make the sets random as hell for every show. I think it's better if they keep a similar set for the whole tour. James sounded better than he had in a long time on their last tour and I think a big reason for that was because he was singing the same songs each night. It's much easier to keep your voice sounding good when you know what songs you'll be doing each night.

Petrucci did say something about playing some songs they've never done before. From what I read on the Dream Theater message board, Space Dye Vest, The Shattered Fortress and The Best Of Times are the only songs that they've released on albums that haven't been done. Obviously, The Best Of Times is out because it's about Portnoy's dad dying, so why would they bother with it? I would love to hear Space Dye Vest and Fortress would be cool to.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Bought my pre-sale ticket for the NYC show today. Considering that this is going to be a GA Floor show, and knowing that DT tickets are far more expensive then say an Opeth or a Steven Wilson show, $66 for a GA Floor ticket isn't so bad (at least for me IMO).

Labrie definitely hit some rather unexpected........high notes during Under A Glass Moon. And if memory serves me right, we finally got an official (I don't count the Fan Club 2007 CD of the entire Images and Words live in its entirety) live version of Learning To Live that has James hitting the F# (or at least somewhat of an F#).

I've only listened to this version of Learning to Live once...what's going on when he hits that note? It sounded like "the CD skipped" or the file was corrupted.

I listened to the audio from this bootleg video of the song from that show, and the "mastered" version back to back, and it seems to me that there is no fault with the file. The F# moment happens at the 7:18 mark.

As much as it still puzzles me, Labrie really sang the F# like that during the show. Sounds like his voice cracked for a split second in the middle of hitting that note. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a voice crack cause there's a video circulating of James' voice cracking during Under A Glass Moon from the same tour and that weird note sounded similar to that weird note in LTL.

Edited by PolarizeMe

And here's an interesting fact...between the Holiday 2013 CD and Live at Luna Park, the total run time for all of the songs performed during the A Dramatic Tour of Events (not counting the 21st Century Schizoid Man and Paradigm Shift covers) is a WHOPPING 5 hours.

Yeah, and this was also their longest tour in a long time.

About the 5 hours you mentioned, they might also have rehearsed a bunch of songs that didn't make the final cut into the setlist. Rumour has it that they'll bring Octavarium back to the set on the next tour. Can you imagine hearing Octavarium and Illumination Theory on the same show?

• Like 1

Octavarium and Illumination Theory on the same show? The rest of the setlist don't matter to me, but having BOTH Octavarium and Illumination Theory in any of their set lists is already an awesome show IMO! Nevertheless, I can totally see that rumor turning into a reality. There are many ways they can incorporate the two songs in the set. Either they have Illumination Theory close the main set with Octvavarium as the encore, or have Octavarium close the 1st half of the show before intermission and Illumination Theory closes out the 2nd half of the show.

Since next year is the 20th anniversary of Awake, I can totally see them bringing out a couple of songs from the album. I think Lifting Shadows Off A Dream and Scarred are two songs that have a good chance of making it this tour since 1. Scarred is James' favorite DT song and 2. It's been 12 years since LSOAD was last played. Next year is also the 15th anniversary of Scenes, and I can totally picture the band opening the 2nd half of the show with Overture 1928/Strange Deja Vu.

I have a feeling we'll see Space-Dye Vest on this tour, as the band mentioned some "never-played" songs making an appearance. The only ones the band has never done live are SDV, Don't Look Past Me, You Or Me, The Shattered Fortress, and The Best of Times (neither of which I see being played).

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember Petrucci saying they will bring out "some songs" that were never played live. To me this means more than one, right?

I'd be REALLY happy if they played more obscure stuff from Awake. In less than 20 days I'll catch them live, and cannot wait! I have really high hopes for the Pamplona show- ir's a small venue in a VERY small city, so I'm expecting it to have an intimate atmosphere. And I'll do the meet & greet there as well, which should be awesome. I'll post the setlist here a few hours after these shows.

The live christmas present from Dream Theater is pretty cool. You don't see too many bands doing stuff like that. Overall, it's another good live recording except for Under A Glass Moon. Vocally, James was all over the place and just hitting the strangest notes. Everything else was fine but his performance on that song definitely felt off to me. It's sounds like he was trying too hard and just failed miserably pulling off the song.

I think it's really something rare when a band says they will play songs they've never done before and there are only a handful of tunes to pick from. Not many bands that have been going for as long as Dream Theater has can say they've played just about every song in their discography. They're one of the top bands ever when it comes to making sure all their recorded material gets played live. With the 20th anniversary of Awake next year, I can see them finally playing Space Dye Vest. Not sure why the song never made the cut before but it would be great to see it done live.