Interviewed by Papa Jim Harrel, December 13, 2003

Link to Interview

Interview Only (46m)

Real Audio format requires Real Player

(blast from the past)

Dream Theater "Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" Release Party

Interviewed by Papa Jim Harrel

Link to Interview

Interview with James LaBrie February 2nd, 2002 (2h 39m)

Real Audio format

requires Real Player

http://thedividingline.com/eventarchives.html

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 15 2008, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Larks @ Oct 14 2008, 07:22 PM)
last good DT album. great album

*runs away*

Your high ! Systematic Chaos is every bit as good as Six Degrees ! yes.gif

*Stands firm to face the music*

Every bit as good yes.gif

I still enjoy listening to 6 Degrees more, though. I can't really give a valid reason for that except that I like the way it sounds more confused13.gif

D'You know. More, and more Rush fans I think are coming around to this band. There are not as many DT bashers as there were a couple of years ago.

I remember RR said the he met Portnoy (I think) and was told that he was familiar with TRF, and that Portnoy told RR (correct me if Im wrong RR) that TRF'ers don't like them too much.

Or something along those lines....

I think things have changed around here, yeah sure there are those who still don't care for DT, but the overall "Bashing" of DT around TRF has become very very watered down....IMO

All hail Dream Theater!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could also be that they dont bother so much anymore.... tongue.gif

Seriously, I cant see why a Rush fan should hold any negative thoughts against DT. It doesnt make any sense.

When people say that they have been inspired by Rush I would interpret that as a quality sign.

OK guys, DT related here.

http://www.agah-bahari.com/

http://cdbaby.com/cd/agahbahari

Awesome guitarist's first solo with Derek Sherinian on the keys!

I'm watching the new DT DVD today as I prepare my debut as dr. ken U. Spreadhum, Gyno tomorrow night at a costume party, and I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. THe production quality is fine and it's in 16:9, so I'm diggin it so far. I'll report back later. cool behind the scenes footge.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 17 2008, 06:00 PM)
I'm watching the new DT DVD today as I prepare my debut as dr. ken U. Spreadhum, Gyno tomorrow night at a costume party, and I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. THe production quality is fine and it's in 16:9, so I'm diggin it so far. I'll report back later. cool behind the scenes footge.

Enjoy MD ! Its pretty damn good. I'm actually listening to I and W as we speak. 1022.gif Metropolis is on at the moment ! Double 1022.gif 1022.gif !!!

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 17 2008, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 17 2008, 06:00 PM)

Enjoy MD ! Its pretty damn good. I'm actually listening to I and W as we speak. 1022.gif Metropolis is on at the moment ! Double 1022.gif 1022.gif !!!

Metropolis p[art 1 is my all time fav tick! That was the very fist song they did on I & W tour, and what an ass-kicking was to start the show!

I love Mike's clear acrylic drums on that tour (sys chaos)!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by the masked drummer

this is actual footage of tmd posting on TRF in real time.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/jackdt.jpghttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/jackdt.jpg

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 17 2008, 05:00 PM)

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Oct 17 2008, 05:14 PM)

laugh.gif

No. Seriously:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/DOCTOR.jpg

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 17 2008, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Oct 17 2008, 05:14 PM)

laugh.gif

No. Seriously:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/DOCTOR.jpg

rofl3.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2008, 01:01 PM)
D'You know.  More, and more Rush fans I think are coming around to this band.  There are not as many DT bashers as there were a couple of years ago. 

I remember RR said the he met Portnoy (I think) and was told that he was familiar with TRF, and that Portnoy told RR (correct me if Im wrong RR) that TRF'ers don't like them too much.

I think things have changed around here, yeah sure there are those who still don't care for DT, but the overall "Bashing" of DT around TRF has become very very watered down....IMO

Right on! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

But are you serious about the RR and Portnoy thing??? That's just embarrassing....I really feel for RR. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Oct 17 2008, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2008, 01:01 PM)
D'You know.  More, and more Rush fans I think are coming around to this band.  There are not as many DT bashers as there were a couple of years ago. 

Right on! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

But are you serious about the RR and Portnoy thing??? That's just embarrassing....I really feel for RR. wacko.gif

Yeah RR posted this story just 14 months ago

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 12 2007, 01:05 PM)
Saw DT in Cleveland last night and the meet n greet was... um.... interesting....  Here's how it went, wording not exact I am sure but pretty damn close...

I am in the line to get my picture taken with them, wearing my The Rush Forum shirt.  My turn comes, I walk up:

Me: "Hey guys, how ya doing?"

Mike Portnoy: "The Rush Forum? You guys think we suck."

Me: "Huh?  That's not true!"

Jorden Rudess (? Need to confirm it was him and not one of the other members of the band when I get my picture): "Who thinks we suck?"

Mike Portnoy: "They do - The Rush Forum.  They hate us over there"

Me: "That isn't true - only 3 or 4 people are like that, just ignore them."

During the signing I was like "Really, there are only a few people who say that, I wouldn't be here if I thought you sucked" to which Mike mumbled something like "It's ok".

I thought it sucked, I was embarrassed for this website because of the dildos here who have to be as vocal as possible in how much they think "DT sucks"...

Concert was great, but I was disappointed in my seats.  While I had third row, I was off to the side and it was actually a limited view seat in the end - I couldn't see Portnoy, I could see John P about half the time, and could hardly see Jordan.  I am surprised they would allow someone to pay $300 face value for a seat like this.  I ended up leaving during encore because I had a 4 hour drive home and was tired of craning my neck to see...

DT does not suck and I am ashamed that Mike Portnoy has actually read those assinine comments here....

It dose seem however that these kinds of things are becoming less frequent.

BTW......If by some small chance Portnoy is crusing TRF and happens to read this post...........

COMMON MAN........Bring you asses to Nashville! Ive checked and you havent been here since the Images and Words tour! I want to see you so much! You can chill at my place.

Edited by The Owl

honestly, there's more hate for DT on unofficial Dream Theater fan boards (i will not post links) than there is here. I'm not kidding. In fact, the official DT forum was shut down a couple years ago because there was so much Dream Theater bashing going on, and the moderation on Mike Portnoy's forum is strict enough that anyone who makes an out-of-line attack on DT is dealt with promptly. Here, the attitude towards DT is generally more one of apathy, indifference or ignorance, as opposed to nitpicking and excessive criticism and analysis of everything the band does.

But i do, think it's pretty cool that Mike Portnoy reads this board. i wonder if he's registered?

Edited by fledgehog

My final thoughts after seeing the entire new DVD:

The good: Very cool how you get to see the intimate routine backstage and so forth. SOund quality is pretty good, better than I expected. Nice to see "in the presence of enemies" live.

The bad: Too many F-bombs even for me, by James and MP.

The ugly: MP "accidentally" comes across an adult magazine (tell me if I'm wrong. That's what it looked like to me) while looking thru his drawers backstage. He probably wants to keep it real, but there's a reason there's an editing process when it comes to film making.

In summary, well worth the $21 USD I paid at Best Buy.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Oct 19 2008, 05:59 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 17 2008, 11:15 PM)
Jordan's doing his crazy coninuum solo. nice! drool1.gif

I'm doing what now?

I was speaking of Jordan Rudess. Sorry for the mixup. This is a dt thread, y'know...

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Oct 19 2008, 03:30 PM)
But i do, think it's pretty cool that Mike Portnoy reads this board.

Hey Mikey if you do read this, you're a tit, quit with all that gobbing will ya?

Old Dream Theatre Good, New Dream Theatre Bad.

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 20 2008, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Oct 19 2008, 03:30 PM)
But i do, think it's pretty cool that Mike Portnoy reads this board.

Hey Mikey if you do read this, you're a tit, quit with all that gobbing will ya?

Old Dream Theatre Good, New Dream Theatre Bad.

sarcasm.gif