Superbowl Commercials

Pags

Did anybody catch the Magic Fridge Bud Light Commercial just now?

It was hysterical. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Edited by paganoman

That Michelob Ultra Light Commercial just took first place for the night. OMG icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 5 2006, 08:12 PM)
The Stones are on now. Give them credit for sticking around all these years, but I'm yawning.

Sorry, but I disagree about giving them credit for sticking around for music's biggest money grab of all time. Well, from a money standpoint, yes. From a musical standpoint, they need to go away, as much as I hate to say that, because I really enjoyed listening to them through my youth. I saw them perform at East Lansing in '94, and while some of it was good, they were not the least bit inspired through much of their set. I can't imagine they've become more inspired since then.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 5 2006, 09:43 PM)
The Stones are on now. Give them credit for sticking around all these years, but I'm yawning.

Sorry, but I disagree about giving them credit for sticking around for music's biggest money grab of all time. Well, from a money standpoint, yes. From a musical standpoint, they need to go away, as much as I hate to say that, because I really enjoyed listening to them through my youth. I saw them perform at East Lansing in '94, and while some of it was good, they were not the least bit inspired through much of their set. I can't imagine they've become more inspired since then.

I gave them credit only because they managed to release a new studio album recently. Other than that, I have to agree with you.

Do you guys know what AFN is? It's the Armed Forces Network. Basically it's 10 channels of normal shows from the states...but the commercials are crap. I had to watch AFN commercials during the Superbowl, you know, like "I just fixed your flat tire....and you didn't realize I was a terrorist". And like "beating your wife is bad" and "be good to your neighbors and turn your stero down" crap.

I am thinking maybe there is a site with the commercials...anyone know?

QUOTE (Riv @ Feb 6 2006, 05:10 AM)
Do you guys know what AFN is? It's the Armed Forces Network. Basically it's 10 channels of normal shows from the states...but the commercials are crap. I had to watch AFN commercials during the Superbowl, you know, like "I just fixed your flat tire....and you didn't realize I was a terrorist". And like "beating your wife is bad" and "be good to your neighbors and turn your stero down" crap.

Superbowl ads

Here you go I think this is all of them.

QUOTE (Batman @ Feb 6 2006, 01:59 PM)

Superbowl ads

Here you go I think this is all of them.

Thanks!

Dude - that's horrible. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 5 2006, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 5 2006, 09:43 PM)

I gave them credit only because they managed to release a new studio album recently. Other than that, I have to agree with you.

my broblem with the stones is there 70 years old which i have no problem with them continuing there career ,i just think its time to scale it back knock it off with the theatrics and just put on a good rock show.the who goes out now and just plays a good honest no frills show.i think at this point in there careers it just works better.

Rolling Stones agreed to censor Super Bowl show: NFL

Age, it seems, has mellowed the Rolling Stones, who agreed to have their half-time performance at Sunday's Super Bowl censored twice for lyrics deemed too sexually explicit for family viewing.

The National Football League (NFL) said Monday that the British rock and roll legends had been consulted about the cuts prior to their appearance at the championship game between the Seattle Seahawks and Pittsburgh Steelers.

In an apparent compromise, Mick Jagger actually sang the offending lyrics, but the NFL, which produced the show, switched off his mike so that they went unheard in the stadium and on the broadcast by the ABC television network.

"As planned and agreed upon with the Stones, we turned down Mick's mike for two specific seconds," said NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy.

The cuts included the final word of the lyric "you make a dead man come" from the song "Start Me Up" and the word "cocks" from "Rough Justice."

"The Stones were fine with it. They didn't have an issue. Mick knew that's what our plan was," McCarthy said.

Producers have maintained tight controls on the content of the Super Bowl's half-time show ever since Janet Jackson's right breast was exposed two years ago in what was famously blamed on a "wardrobe malfunction."

The incident, which was broadcast to millions of TV viewers worldwide, led to the CBS network -- the broadcaster for that year -- being fined 550,000 dollars.

This year, ABC showed the half-time event on a five-second delay, the first time such a precaution against profanity or Jackson-like exposures had been taken in Super Bowl history.

ABC spokesman Mark Mandel said the network had played no part in censoring the Stones.

"ABC had nothing to do with it," Mandel said. "There was nothing that was heard in the stadium that required ABC to do anything."

The Stones sang three songs on Sunday, wrapping up with the anthemic "Satisfaction" which went untouched by the censors.

"Here's one we could have done at Super Bowl I," Jagger, 62, said as he introduced the golden oldie.

"Everything comes to those who wait," he added -- again without interference.

btw, did anyone notice the MacGuyver Mastercard commercial? It showed a bunch of little MacGuyverisms as Mac escapes from an exploding industrial building. Then it shows Mac using his Mastercard to buy all of the little items (like the air freshener tree and the panty hose) used during his escape. I thought it was kind of cute. But trying to make Richard Dean Anderson look twenty years younger was just not doable.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Feb 9 2006, 06:24 AM)
btw, did anyone notice the MacGuyver Mastercard commercial? It showed a bunch of little MacGuyverisms as Mac escapes from an exploding industrial building. Then it shows Mac using his Mastercard to buy all of the little items (like the air freshener tree and the panty hose) used during his escape. I thought it was kind of cute. But trying to make Richard Dean Anderson look twenty years younger was just not doable.

I thought the SAME THING! rofl3.gif