Which Tour did you enjoy more?

Midway Hawker

Which Tour did you enjoy more?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tour did you enjoy more?

• VT tour
    • R30 tour

I am voting for R30 tour because of Between the Wheels, Subdivisions, Red Barchetta, the R30 opening. I missed hearing Natural Science, but that was a small price to pay to hear these others...

Plus, I got to see the R30 tour 5 times, so that helped my decision also!!

biggrin.gif

R30. Because the guys improve with age. I don't know how they do it... but they do. This is the 5th consecutive tour I've seen. The music is stronger, the vocals kick my ass, the video and lighting always improves, and the sound is perfect.

This is a good topic - I can't wait to see what folks contribute to this. Good one!!

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Oct 22 2004, 03:23 PM)
the R30 opening.

That did it for me, too. The overture was outrageous.

yes.gif

VT. My first Rush tour and show (front row) for me. I had only been a fan maybe 2 years before the concert, but I already knew they were my favorite and that spot would never change. I dont there will be any tour to follow, even if they play every song they have recorded, that will bump the VT for me.

Highlights included (was unspoiled for the show):

Earthshine, Between Sun and Moon, Vital Signs, Natural Science, La Villa Strangiato, By-Tor and the Snowdog

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 22 2004, 03:41 PM)
VT.  My first Rush tour and show (front row) for me.  I had only been a fan maybe 2 years before the concert, but I already knew they were my favorite and that spot would never change.  I dont there will be any tour to follow, even if they play every song they have recorded, that will bump the VT for me.

Highlights included (was unspoiled for the show):
Earthshine, Between Sun and Moon, Vital Signs, Natural Science, La Villa Strangiato, By-Tor and the Snowdog

You're lucky. You got to see Between Sun And Moon. Both times I caught the show it was late in the tour, and they had flipped from BS&M and Ceiling Unlimited to The Trees and Ghost Rider. BS&M and CU must have played great live. NICE.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

R30 for me. I got to see 4 shows. One was the Vegas show & both shows at Radio City. I got to meet a bunch of people form the board in these cities as well. A few of them have become friends. All in all it was an incredible summer.

R30...Loved the opening medley, the set list (including "Between The Wheels," "Red Barchetta" and "Subdivisions"), the new movie clips, and because I met some cool board people! And of course there's the Radio City Music Hall show where they sounded flawless, and I got to spend time in NYC with some great people that day.

I think VT simply because I was Jonesing for a Rush fix for soooooooooooo long and the boys were finally back! And I absolutely LOVED VT when it came out, the setlist was superb, the encore especially. I could go on and on, I have to give a slight edge to VT. But the R30 tour was so good in it's own right, they never sounded tighter as a band, IMO, my seats were spectacular for the one show I could go to, and the R30 overture was awesome. What a tough pick, but the edge for me goes to VT.

I had to go with the VT's tour.

I saw 1 show on the VT tour from the lawn at St. Louis and 3 shows on the R30 tour all in the first 5 rows, but after all of the events that happened and not knowing if I would ever see them again I have to give the edge to VT.

It had been YEARS since my last show and I was unspoiled for it. I took my oldest child to her first RUSH show and she cried when the music began and the exchange between Pixey and I when they began to play Cygnus is something that I will never forget.

R30 was awesome and I finally got to meet G&A, but it wasn't nearly as overwhelming as VT's. Now XM is a different story!!!!!! yes.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

The last show of the R30 Norh American tour here in Toronto was AMAZING..the R30 Overture rocked! Alex's rant was cute..."There's no place like home, there's no place like home" A great mixture of old tunes, new tunes, new/old tunes.. The boys have definitley improved with age. 2.gif

I'm gonna have to say VT only because I had better seats for VT. I saw both shows @ The MGM Grand but for VT I was sitting on Al's side about 10 rows from the floor and I could see better. For R30 I was standing on the floor and could hardly see. Plus the excitement level for VT was much higher because of the long wait to see them again. drool1.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

to me they were both great vt tour i got to hear a song i never heard em play before , that would be

witch hunt.always one of my favorits....this past tour when they played bytoy ,well that just blew my mine.... cheer.gif

I enjoyed both tours immensely but i'd have to give VT a slight edge only because it was my first Rush show....and at the ACC in Toronto i got 4th row seats at the show which was filmed for Trailer Park Boys....the R30 was so awesome cause the boys were playing amazingly great...the visuals were also great for R30...aww hell i agree with daveyt...TIE!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Oct 23 2004, 01:52 AM)
to me they were both great vt tour i got to hear a song i never heard em play before , that would be
witch hunt.always one of my favorits....this past tour when they played bytoy ,well that just blew my mine.... cheer.gif

I'm thinking you are talking about Vital Signs?? confused13.gif They did not play Witch Hunt on either the VT or R30 tour.....

trink38.gif