Actor Chris Penn Found Dead

Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 06:50 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 04:35 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

I can only assume you're referring to his political beliefs? Whatever the reason, this really wasn't funny. How can you say something like that?

Because I'm not you.

Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to wish someone dead? Are you even thinking about what you're saying here? Unfortunately, I'm sure you are. It's attitudes like this that have the world in the turmoil it's in today. I don't wish death upon my worst enemy, people who have acutally done horrible things to me and/or the world. I'd like some of them locked up where they can no longer harm anyone, but death? No, that's for God to hand out, not man, and to wish it upon anyone, especially for someone who just differs from you ideologically is just beyond... well, I don't even know what to say...

First of all, brainchild, when did I ever give you a reason why I said that? Because he differs from me ideologically? You are putting words in my mouth. And you know what? In the future I would appreciate it if you would save your tiresome, pathetic lectures for someone who actually cares what you think. You are wasting your time and my sanity, we are woven from completely separate fabrics. It's people like you that keep store shelves stocked with Preparation H.

i guess you expected no response from saying you would rather see Sean Penn dead then his brother? go ahead then, tell us all what you meant since you still haven't delineated it out.

I owe you nothing. Where's the "blah, blah, blah" thingy?

well in the absence of any explanation, i'll just have to assume what you meant.

you, me, sean penn, chris penn, anyone else in the world you can think of. we all come from and are part of the same God. we are all spiritual brothers and sisters even if some want to deny that. i have compassion on all of humanity because truly we are all part of the same fabric, to use your word. wishing someone had died instead of someone else (and i don't know how you could NOT infer that from what you said, but in the absence of any explanation from you, we'll never know for sure) is just a basic lack of compassion. going to war or supporting war and death and murder is also a lack of compassion and understanding that we're all spiritual brothers and sisters under the same God. anyway, there are some who can hear and understand what i'm saying, but i doubt you'll agree with me. that doesn't make you any less my spiritual brother whether you like me, agree with me or call me names. we are woven from exactly the same fabric, like it or not.

peace,

gary

Peace, Gary.

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/images/smilie/blah.gif

hey, you found the smiley you were looking for! tongue.gif

oh well, peace to you...

sincerely,

gary

trink39.gif

Edited by rushgoober

I liked Chris in Footloose. laugh.gif That was a hoot. You gotta admit, he was funny in that. He could play a myriad of roles. While not being the leading man type like his bro, his gifts to the screen were many. I heard this at work today and was immediately very saddened. I will miss him.

RIP Chris.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 25 2006, 04:44 PM)
I liked Chris in Footloose. laugh.gif That was a hoot. You gotta admit, he was funny in that. He could play a myriad of roles. While not being the leading man type like his bro, his gifts to the screen were many. I heard this at work today and was immediately very saddened. I will miss him.

RIP Chris.

trink39.gif

he was on an episode of will and grace a little while back. will is apparently a HUGE barry manilow fan, and chris penn's character played someone who worked for barry manilow and could introduce will to him in exchange for will going out on a date with his character! it was really funny... chris penn will definitely be missed. rose.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 06:50 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 04:35 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

I can only assume you're referring to his political beliefs? Whatever the reason, this really wasn't funny. How can you say something like that?

Because I'm not you.

Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to wish someone dead? Are you even thinking about what you're saying here? Unfortunately, I'm sure you are. It's attitudes like this that have the world in the turmoil it's in today. I don't wish death upon my worst enemy, people who have acutally done horrible things to me and/or the world. I'd like some of them locked up where they can no longer harm anyone, but death? No, that's for God to hand out, not man, and to wish it upon anyone, especially for someone who just differs from you ideologically is just beyond... well, I don't even know what to say...

I know what you mean Gary. When Yasser Arafat died people were jumping for joy. I'm not a big fan of him or anything but I can't jump for joy when anyone dies and I don't wish death on anyone. I do not hate anyone enough to wish them dead. But people are different, not everyone is like me as you can tell. I guess I am more of a pacifist and have a lot of compasion. Hell, even after someone started a fight with me, and I beat the shit out of them, I still felt bad about it later even though I was just defending myself. I'm guessing not everyone is like that either. I can't help it though, it's just how I am, other people who wish death upon someone else can't help how they are either.

Things that make you go hmmmm. Lots of hate in the world today, and it seems to get worse daily.

I personally like Sean Penn, I think he means well and he's also a good actor. I don't know much of his brother who died but I'm sure he was a good guy too. It sucks when tragic shit happens like this. sad.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 25 2006, 10:37 PM)
I don't know much of his brother who died but I'm sure he was a good guy too. It sucks when tragic shit happens like this. sad.gif

Im sure u seen him in some flicks but just didnt know

who he was yes.gif

http://www.port.hu/picture/instance_2/12782_2.jpg

http://www.filmlisten.no/bilder/poster_size/c_penn2990569114.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/baldwin/images/sc6.jpg

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Feb 2 2006, 08:46 AM)
Has there been any news? What was the result of the autopsy?

I've been curious about that too:

"An autopsy has been unable to determine the cause of actor Chris Penn's death, after his body was found in California.

A Los Angeles coroner has ordered a blood toxicology test on the actor, who starred in Reservoir Dogs and was the brother of actor Sean Penn.

The toxicology test was "normal procedure for someone who's 40 and has not seen their doctor," coroner's spokeswoman Brenda Shafer said.

"

Full Story Here

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 6 2006, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 07:35 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

That was the first thought that popped in my mind.

dazed025.gif

Don't want to incite a love-in.

Looks like the cause was heart disease:

LOS ANGELES, CA, United States (UPI) -- Actor Chris Penn died last month from an enlarged heart, the Los Angeles County coroner`s office has ruled.

Penn, 40, also had prescription medicines in his bloodstream, one of which may have been a contributing factor to his death, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

An autopsy and toxicology tests revealed Penn died of 'nonspecific cardiomyopathy,' a usually fatal disease of the heart muscle.

His heart was enlarged, weak and 'could have given out at any time,' coroner`s spokesman Craig Harvey told the newspaper.

'Primarily, he just had a bad heart,' Harvey said.

Phenergan, a commonly prescribed cough syrup that contains an antihistamine and codeine, played a role in his death as well, but 'was not a direct cause,' Harvey said. He had other prescription drugs in his system as well, but nothing illegal.

Phenergan can cause breathing problems in obese patients. Penn was 6 foot 2 and weighed 310 pounds when he was found dead at his Santa Monica, Calif., condo on Jan. 24.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Feb 14 2006, 02:35 PM)
Looks like the cause was heart disease:

LOS ANGELES, CA, United States (UPI) -- Actor Chris Penn died last month from an enlarged heart, the Los Angeles County coroner`s office has ruled.

Penn, 40, also had prescription medicines in his bloodstream, one of which may have been a contributing factor to his death, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

An autopsy and toxicology tests revealed Penn died of 'nonspecific cardiomyopathy,' a usually fatal disease of the heart muscle.

His heart was enlarged, weak and 'could have given out at any time,' coroner`s spokesman Craig Harvey told the newspaper.

'Primarily, he just had a bad heart,' Harvey said.

Phenergan, a commonly prescribed cough syrup that contains an antihistamine and codeine, played a role in his death as well, but 'was not a direct cause,' Harvey said. He had other prescription drugs in his system as well, but nothing illegal.

Phenergan can cause breathing problems in obese patients. Penn was 6 foot 2 and weighed 310 pounds when he was found dead at his Santa Monica, Calif., condo on Jan. 24.

Not a big surprise at all