Actor Chris Penn Found Dead

Test4VitalSigns

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060125/people_nm/penn_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor

Chris Penn has died in a Santa Monica residence, with no signs of foul play, a local ABC television affiliate reported on Tuesday.

Penn, 43, was the brother of actor

Sean Penn and starred in dozens of films.

He played baby-faced criminal Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in director

Quentin Tarantino's "Reservoir Dogs" and starred along with his brother in the 1986 film "At Close Range." He also played Willard Hewitt in "Footloose" in 1984.

Recently, Penn voiced Officer Eddie Pulaski in the video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

Santa Monica police and the Los Angeles County Coroner were not immediately available for comment.

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Omannn i liked him sad.gif

He was overweight but i dont know if he took any kinda drugs

That totally blows sad.gif

RIP Chris sad.gif

Actor Chris Penn, brother of Sean Penn, has been found dead at his Santa Monica residence.

Police discovered the 40-year-old actor's body at around 4pm local time on Tuesday.

There were no obvious signs of foul play. Autopsy results were pending.

"The Penn family would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time," Mara Buxbaum, Sean Penn's publicist, said in a statement.

Penn's body was discovered in a bed inside the residence, located in a four-storey condominium complex near the beach, after his housekeeper called the authorities.

Last night, actor Martin Sheen left the condominium complex from a rear exit with two older women, but did not comment.

Chris Penn's credits include Mulholland Falls, Rumble Fish, All the Right Moves, Footloose and Rush Hour.

He also played Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in the 1992 Quentin Tarantino crime drama Reservoir Dogs.

His late father, Leo Penn, directed television shows. His mother, Eileen Ryan, is an actress whose credits include I Am Sam, Magnolia and Parenthood. Another brother is musician Michael Penn.

Chris Penn's latest film, The Darwin Awards, was scheduled to premiere on Wednesday at the Sundance Film Festival.

Last night, actor Martin Sheen left the condominium complex from a rear exit with two older women, but did not comment. unsure.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 24 2006, 10:48 PM)
Actor Chris Penn, brother of Sean Penn, has been found dead at his Santa Monica residence.

Police discovered the 40-year-old actor's body at around 4pm local time on Tuesday.

There were no obvious signs of foul play. Autopsy results were pending.

"The Penn family would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time," Mara Buxbaum, Sean Penn's publicist, said in a statement.

Penn's body was discovered in a bed inside the residence, located in a four-storey condominium complex near the beach, after his housekeeper called the authorities.

Last night, actor Martin Sheen left the condominium complex from a rear exit with two older women, but did not comment.

Chris Penn's credits include Mulholland Falls, Rumble Fish, All the Right Moves, Footloose and Rush Hour.

He also played Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in the 1992 Quentin Tarantino crime drama Reservoir Dogs.

His late father, Leo Penn, directed television shows. His mother, Eileen Ryan, is an actress whose credits include I Am Sam, Magnolia and Parenthood. Another brother is musician Michael Penn.

Chris Penn's latest film, The Darwin Awards, was scheduled to premiere on Wednesday at the Sundance Film Festival.

Last night, actor Martin Sheen left the condominium complex from a rear exit with two older women, but did not comment. unsure.gif

http://images.dvdtalk.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 04:35 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

I can only assume you're referring to his political beliefs? Whatever the reason, this really wasn't funny. How can you say something like that?

Because I'm not you.

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 06:50 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

I can only assume you're referring to his political beliefs? Whatever the reason, this really wasn't funny. How can you say something like that?

Because I'm not you.

Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to wish someone dead? Are you even thinking about what you're saying here? Unfortunately, I'm sure you are. It's attitudes like this that have the world in the turmoil it's in today. I don't wish death upon my worst enemy, people who have acutally done horrible things to me and/or the world. I'd like some of them locked up where they can no longer harm anyone, but death? No, that's for God to hand out, not man, and to wish it upon anyone, especially for someone who just differs from you ideologically is just beyond... well, I don't even know what to say...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 11:39 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

Because I'm not you.

Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to wish someone dead? Are you even thinking about what you're saying here? Unfortunately, I'm sure you are. It's attitudes like this that have the world in the turmoil it's in today. I don't wish death upon my worst enemy, people who have acutally done horrible things to me and/or the world. I'd like some of them locked up where they can no longer harm anyone, but death? No, that's for God to hand out, not man, and to wish it upon anyone, especially for someone who just differs from you ideologically is just beyond... well, I don't even know what to say...

Goobs, it's not as if he was wishing him dead.. he was just stating that if one of them had to die, too bad it couldn't have been Sean instead of Chris.

Personally, I like Sean's acting a lot better, so I'm glad he's not dead. But I could understand how one could dislike Penn for his political stances. It does get quite tiresome.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 07:39 PM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

Because I'm not you.

First of all, brainchild, when did I ever give you a reason why I said that? Because he differs from me ideologically? You are putting words in my mouth. And you know what? In the future I would appreciate it if you would save your tiresome, pathetic lectures for someone who actually cares what you think. You are wasting your time and my sanity, we are woven from completely separate fabrics. It's people like you that keep store shelves stocked with Preparation H.

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Jan 25 2006, 08:46 AM)
ohmy.gif

WOW, what a shocker that is!

Good actor, I liked him in At Close Range, but Reservoir Dogs was my Favorite  yes.gif

R.I.P Christopher  rose.gif

At Close Range was a great movie, I liked that sweet Olds convertible he brought home. The first time I saw that movie, I owned a hard-top just like it. wink.gif

Edited by Drumnut

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 10:01 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

Because I'm not you.

First of all, brainchild, when did I ever give you a reason why I said that? Because he differs from me ideologically? You are putting words in my mouth. And you know what? In the future I would appreciate it if you would save your tiresome, pathetic lectures for someone who actually cares what you think. You are wasting your time and my sanity, we are woven from completely separate fabrics. It's people like you that keep store shelves stocked with Preparation H.

i guess you expected no response from saying you would rather see Sean Penn dead then his brother? go ahead then, tell us all what you meant since you still haven't delineated it out.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 08:10 PM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

Because I'm not you.

i guess you expected no response from saying you would rather see Sean Penn dead then his brother? go ahead then, tell us all what you meant since you still haven't delineated it out.

I owe you nothing. Where's the "blah, blah, blah" thingy?

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 10:12 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

Because I'm not you.

well in the absence of any explanation, i'll just have to assume what you meant.

you, me, sean penn, chris penn, anyone else in the world you can think of. we all come from and are part of the same God. we are all spiritual brothers and sisters even if some want to deny that. i have compassion on all of humanity because truly we are all part of the same fabric, to use your word. wishing someone had died instead of someone else (and i don't know how you could NOT infer that from what you said, but in the absence of any explanation from you, we'll never know for sure) is just a basic lack of compassion. going to war or supporting war and death and murder is also a lack of compassion and understanding that we're all spiritual brothers and sisters under the same God. anyway, there are some who can hear and understand what i'm saying, but i doubt you'll agree with me. that doesn't make you any less my spiritual brother whether you like me, agree with me or call me names. we are woven from exactly the same fabric, like it or not.

peace,

gary

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 25 2006, 10:12 AM)
Too bad it wasn't Sean.

Because I'm not you.

well in the absence of any explanation, i'll just have to assume what you meant.

you, me, sean penn, chris penn, anyone else in the world you can think of. we all come from and are part of the same God. we are all spiritual brothers and sisters even if some want to deny that. i have compassion on all of humanity because truly we are all part of the same fabric, to use your word. wishing someone had died instead of someone else (and i don't know how you could NOT infer that from what you said, but in the absence of any explanation from you, we'll never know for sure) is just a basic lack of compassion. going to war or supporting war and death and murder is also a lack of compassion and understanding that we're all spiritual brothers and sisters under the same God. anyway, there are some who can hear and understand what i'm saying, but i doubt you'll agree with me. that doesn't make you any less my spiritual brother whether you like me, agree with me or call me names. we are woven from exactly the same fabric, like it or not.

peace,

gary

Peace, Gary.

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/images/smilie/blah.gif

Edited by Riv