Magnum P.I. coming to the big screen

anagramking

I liked all of those shows from that same era (Charlie's Angels, Dukes.., Starsky & Hutch) that made it to the big screen. But I didn't like any of the movies. And I don't count slobbering on myself whilst watching Charlie's Angels as actually liking the MOVIE drool1.gif .

I hope Magnum is done well. I wonder who they're gonna cast in Tom's old role.

I hope they'll be using the script that Tom Clancy wrote.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 07:22 PM)
magnum p.i. movie? ohmy.gif

might as well make a quincy movie while we're at it or too close for comfort or maybe joanie loves chachi, or maybe what we really need is Battle of the Network Stars: The Movie.

When will the madness end??? wacko.gif

Yeah or a Giligans Island movie where they really get rescued at the end.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 11:22 PM)
might as well make a quincy movie while we're at it or too close for comfort or maybe joanie loves chachi,

Goobs, shame on you! NEVER compare my beloved Quincy, M.D. to that other rubbish!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 26 2006, 02:55 PM)
might as well make a quincy movie while we're at it or too close for comfort or maybe joanie loves chachi,

Goobs, shame on you! NEVER compare my beloved Quincy, M.D. to that other rubbish!

oh, i never even watched quincy (and yes, i know you were being facetious too). my point is, does ANY tv show deserve to be turned into a movie? has it ever been done even once where it was a fantastic movie? confused13.gif the only example i can think of are some of the star trek movies, and of course there's mash that started as a movie, the odd couple, and a couple of others, but, well, you get the point.

magnum p.i. is just plain and simple NOT a good idea for a movie. next thing we'll have knight rider, the greatest american hero and macguyver. honestly, do any of these shows deserve to be made into full length feature films (hint: the answer is no)?

the next thing you know, they'll be making movies of the a-team, bosom buddies, dynasty, silver spoons, fantasy island, the love boat and there really will be a Battle of the Network Stars: The Movie.

i know they are often guaranteed money makers these t.v. show to movie things, but that doesn't mean they aren't the big steaming piles of manure that they are...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 27 2006, 09:36 AM)

oh, i never even watched quincy (and yes, i know you were being facetious too). my point is, does ANY tv show deserve to be turned into a movie? has it ever been done even once where it was a fantastic movie? confused13.gif the only example i can think of are some of the star trek movies, and of course there's mash that started as a movie, the odd couple, and a couple of others, but, well, you get the point.

magnum p.i. is just plain and simple NOT a good idea for a movie. next thing we'll have knight rider, the greatest american hero and macguyver. honestly, do any of these shows deserve to be made into full length feature films (hint: the answer is no)?

the next thing you know, they'll be making movies of the a-team, bosom buddies, dynasty, silver spoons, fantasy island, the love boat and there really will be a Battle of the Network Stars: The Movie.

i know they are often guaranteed money makers these t.v. show to movie things, but that doesn't mean they aren't the big steaming piles of manure that they are...

i think i read somewhere that the a-team and the greatest american hero are in production. i could be wrong. lets hope i am

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 26 2006, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 26 2006, 06:36 PM)
magnum p.i. is just plain and simple NOT a good idea for a movie.

I concur.

Magnum, have you any idea.....

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 26 2006, 08:38 PM)

i think i read somewhere that the a-team and the greatest american hero are in production. i could be wrong. lets hope i am

Sorry, but...

The A-Team- http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 26 2006, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 26 2006, 08:38 PM)

Sorry, but...

The A-Team- http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

ohmy.gif

i pity the fools...

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 27 2006, 04:43 PM)
not that i'd want it, but i'm surprised they haven't done a FANTASY ISLAND movie

Boss! Boss! It's lame! It's lame! http://tvphotogalleries.com/data/578/1fi15-thumb.jpg

Edited by rushgoober