The official Hilda thread...

Tick

well the way i see it, i agree with necro, if hildas a big rush fan she may log on in 2007 when the album is released. if not you can believe at that point she is gone forever. as disco laments the loss of what might have been, we will wait with hope and optimism.

http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/r/Rush/sq_alex_lifeson_mugshot_nfp.jpg

"hilda come back, why are you doing this to us. you probably dont think i miss you or even care, wrong ! i can eat , i cant sleep , im losing my mind. just come back already."

A HILDA REVOLUTION!!!

Ok, this is one of those notable posts that will change the course of the Hilda thread, so please read this one!

All of this is true, unlike some other posts I've done in this thread, which admittedly, have occasionally had an element of exaggeration and fantasy to them. unsure.gif

Anyway, so I was on CP the other day and looking at a thread I created, when lo and behold, I looked at the bottom of the page and who was vieiwing the page - it was I (rushgoober) and, wait for it...

HILDA!

I was like, no way, could this be THE Hilda??? I PM'ed this person and asked if she was the Hilda that has posted on TRF. I don't want to post what she said in response word for word, but the gist of it was that she wasn't familiar with TRF and that she was on the board because she heard that Rush might be coming out with a new album so she was looking at a board to try and determine if that was the case.

I wrote her again, thinking maybe she didn't know The Rush Forum by it's initials, so this time I was more explicit and said, "Sorry. I thought you might be a Hilda that posted breifly on TRF (The Rush Forum) that lives I believe in (city removed, but what I remember from when I originally tried to research to track her down). We started a thread on that forum about her kind of as a joke that took on a life of it's own, and we've been searching for her ever since. Anyway, enjoy Counterparts, and it's nice to meet you regardless."

She responded that YES, she had posted on The Rush Forum ages ago, but she didn't know anyone was looking for her and that she'd be back when she heard more rumors of a new Rush album.

I PM'ed her again, this time going into more detail about this thread (I might even have posted a link to this thread, but I don't remember - unfortunately CP doesn't automatically save sent PM's) and let her know she'd become an icon around here and to please post as people would LOVE to see her and hear from her.

Unfortunately, it seemed like I was too late as I didn't know if she'd be coming back anytime soon to see my PM. After talking to Tick about this, I looked at her profile on CP, and didn't see an e-mail option for her, BUT it did show that she had been online THIS MORNING! I sent my last PM yesterday, so I can only assume she received it, but she hasn't responded back in any way.

So stay tuned sports fans to see if anything comes of this. Tick said it was like a "Close Encounter of The Third Kind". laugh.gif

Could I have made contact with the REAL Hilda???? confused13.gif

Looks like someone will have to re-insert a flame of hope into their sig! ohmy.gif blush4.gif

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/rushgoober3/rushgoober4/82511350_be1e0c4af3_o.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 31 2006, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 31 2006, 04:32 PM)
http://www1.pacific.edu/~d-cammar/bob.jpg

NO WAY DUDE!!!!  YOOOR LYIN'!!!!  TAKE OFF EH???

I am actually NOT lying this time. no.gif

Proof of SOME of what I've said:

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index.php?showuser=603

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Hilda!!!! She's alive!!! yes.gif

check her profile. the user's time is TOMORROW. She lives in Buffalo. her user time would be NOW... current EST. It's NOT her. She didn't move halfway around the world.

CP is a new board. someone's just messin' with us Goobs. don't fall for FALSE HILDAS!!! no.gif dazed025.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 31 2006, 07:44 PM)
Sorry Goobie. I WANT TO BELIEVE too. yes.gif

But it Ain't her. no.gif

God damn it!! rage.gif Fake Hilda? He/she thinks he/she's funny!! Well, it's NOT. No-one should ever impersonate Hilda. no.gif It's quite the not funny spectacle.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 31 2006, 08:47 PM)
I KNOW WHO IT IIIISSSS!!! nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. laugh.gif

this has to be as lame as it gets ! the coward needs to come forward and fess up to this travesty. if you know who it is necro, your loyalty to that person should and must not over ride your status as a flame keeper administrator. come forth with the name and no one will be harmed, you have my word. otherwise the hilda police(not yet in existence) will find and bring this person to justice ! lastly im sorry goobs that this world is such a cold cruel place, if you were a pawn in some twisted game, this is an unforgivable act. DISSPICABLE ! angry.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 1 2006, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 31 2006, 08:47 PM)
I KNOW WHO IT IIIISSSS!!!  nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.  laugh.gif

this has to be as lame as it gets ! the coward needs to come forward and fess up to this travesty. if you know who it is necro, your loyalty to that person should and must not over ride your status as a flame keeper administrator. come forth with the name and no one will be harmed, you have my word. otherwise the hilda police(not yet in existence) will find and bring this person to justice ! lastly im sorry goobs that this world is such a cold cruel place, if you were a pawn in some twisted game, this is an unforgivable act. DISSPICABLE ! angry.gif

It's not like i'm Batman or Dick Tracey. Check the profile that Goober links to, and then read the user's time. That time matches up with only one (cuz there can be ONLY one... but lately there's been two laugh.gif ) flamekeeper.

DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU???

A

B

laugh.gif