Seinfeld or Friends

rushgoober

Seinfeld or Friends - Which do You Enjoy More?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Seinfeld or Friends - Which do You Enjoy More?

• Seinfeld
    • Friends

Ok, I decided to pick a show that maybe has a better chance against Seinfeld, though I suspect Seinfeld will still win. I think TV Guide did a best shows of all time thing a couple of years back and Seinfeld was #1 - that would be hard to top by any show if that's the general consensus.

Friends is more politically correct and warm and fuzzy, so I suspect some macho types or cynical types might not be crazy, or as crazy about Friends, but I find it the far superior show. I can't ever recall a Friends episode I didn't like if not love, and I just loved the characters. I can watch the same Friends repeats over and over and very rarely get tired of it. Seinfeld I enjoy a lot, but it's a colder, more cynical show for me. Extremely clever, yes, but it lacks Friends' warmth IMHO...

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 2 2006, 03:05 PM)
Easy choice for me. I hated Friends.

Ditto. Can't stand Friends. Used to love Seinfeld, but I've seen them all over and over again, so it's getting a bit old. But if I have to pick between the two, Jerry wins hands down.

I'm not a big fan of relationship humor. Jennifer Anniston is freaking SWEET though, I liked when they made it extra cold on the set. yes.gif

Seinfeld, Hands down. 1022.gif

I do like Friends though, it's funny sometimes but not "hillarious" if you know what I mean.

I can tolerate watching Friends, but really the characters get on my nerves, especially once the show starting becoming popular and they all become celebrities. Seinfeld, on the other hand, I never grow tired of.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 2 2006, 08:40 PM)
I seem to remember Friends being a popular show. I guess none of them were Rush fans. confused13.gif

Oh well, to me Friends was far superior - not even a fair fight, but oh well... eh.gif

Friends was most annoying in that it told people when they were supposed to laugh. Filmed before a studio audience, they say, but more laugh tracks were added, I'm sure. I hate shows that tell me when to laugh. The show was so implausible. For example, I remember one where Kudrow's character lost her piddling savings of a couple hundred dollars in the stock market. It doesn't get dumber than that. Eventually, all the ridiculous tie-ins, like Diet Coke, and whatever else. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

I hated friends so much that when i tried to watch it once i literally was ill. Puking in the toilet ill.

well maybe not, but come on. what a ridiculous show. wacko.gif

Having said that, i generally don't like sitcoms.

i'd rather watch Discovery, A & E, History channel or stuff like that.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 2 2006, 03:40 PM)
I seem to remember Friends being a popular show. I guess none of them were Rush fans. confused13.gif

I like Friends and I'm a Rush fan. Put Friends up against almost any other show and I would vote for it more than likely.

A closer match would be Friends against That 70's show.

You have to remember though, Seinfeld was voted the Best sitcom ever by many many people. I understand that Friends is really popular also but I haven't heard to many say "best ever" or anything like that. Very good show though. yes.gif

I only like 4-5 recent sitcoms at the most....Lets see....I can watch these shows........

Will and Grace

That 70's show

Malcom in the middle

Friends

Seinfeld

Everyone loves Ramen

Hmmm, that's about it for me at this point. But hey what do I know, I still think Happy Days is probably the best show ever. wacko.gif

Sometimes I think I am stuck in the 70s...but hey, the music was awesome then and we had shows like Gilligans Island, Happy Days, WKRP in Cincinnati, Mash, Hogans Heros, Green acres, Sanford & Son, Three's Company......Man, todays shows just don't compare In my opinion. The Music doesn't either, even with all the new updated recording equipment.

Edited by Indica

Both shows crack me up but I had to go with Friends. Sometimes the shallowness of the Seinfeld gang would leave me wondering why i was liking them. laugh.gif I thought Friends could be too light sometimes, but Chandler could always make me laugh out loud. Another show i like that ranks higher than Seinfeld for me would be King of Queens. Stiller is a riot on that show.

QUOTE (physics23 @ Jan 3 2006, 05:54 AM)
I can tolerate watching Friends, but really the characters get on my nerves, especially once the show starting becoming popular and they all become celebrities. Seinfeld, on the other hand, I never grow tired of.

Yup. Same here. Although I couldn't tolerate Friends for that long.

Another show that I never got tired of was Cheers.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 4 2006, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jan 3 2006, 01:09 PM)
I had to go with friends. Seinfeld is much funnier I don't disagree with that, but the women on friends are nicer to look at. biggrin.gif

Good answer! laugh.gif applaudit.gif

If that's the reasoning then BAYWATCH is the greatest show EVER !!!!! pokey.gif tongue.gif