Mad TV or Saturday Night live?

Indica

Which show do you enjoy more? Mad tv or SNL?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you enjoy more? Mad tv or SNL?

• Mad Tv
    • Saturday Night Live
    • Either, I don't like funny shows

Just seeing if this jives with the Northern Hemisphere standard.

2 good shows but what I usually do is watch the first 1/2 hour of Mad TV then switch it over to SNL when it starts. If SNL is a repeat and I've seen it then I switch it back to Mad TV for the last 1/2 hour then back to SNL. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2006, 10:34 PM)

2 good shows but what I usually do is watch the first 1/2 hour of Mad TV then switch it over to SNL when it starts. If SNL is a repeat and I've seen it then I switch it back to Mad TV for the last 1/2 hour then back to SNL. laugh.gif

Is Mad TV anything to do with Mad comic?

We don't get the TV show here sad.gif

QUOTE (ABZ Highlander @ Jan 1 2006, 05:42 PM)

2 good shows but what I usually do is watch the first 1/2 hour of Mad TV then switch it over to SNL when it starts. If SNL is a repeat and I've seen it then I switch it back to Mad TV for the last 1/2 hour then back to SNL.  laugh.gif

yeah it does !!!!! sarcasm.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 1 2006, 05:44 PM)

2 good shows but what I usually do is watch the first 1/2 hour of Mad TV then switch it over to SNL when it starts. If SNL is a repeat and I've seen it then I switch it back to Mad TV for the last 1/2 hour then back to SNL.  laugh.gif

sorry im just mean.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 1 2006, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 1 2006, 05:44 PM)

sorry im just mean.

sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

Thanks, apology accepted!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 1 2006, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 1 2006, 11:07 PM)
i like the twilight zone. wacko.gif

have you been watching the marathon on SciFI?

oh yeah !!! every year ,its a family tradition. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 1 2006, 01:55 PM)
Neither

Never thought Mad TV was funny and SNL isn't funny anymore. no.gif

Damn son!!!! You hate Seinfeld and you don't think Mad Tv or SNL is funny? Laughter is the best medicine!!! Please tell me you laugh sometimes!!! It's ok to laugh!!! You are depressing me son!!!! sad.gif

I went with Mad TV, but that's from a "right now" standpoint. If it was in the late 90's, when Ferrell was still on, or earlier with Sandler, Spade, Farley, and so on, I'd go with SNL, but SNL really hasn't had a strong cast in awhile. I think Tina Fey is one of the best writer's they've had, though.

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 1 2006, 05:02 PM)
I went with Mad TV, but that's from a "right now" standpoint. If it was in the late 90's, when Ferrell was still on, or earlier with Sandler, Spade, Farley, and so on, I'd go with SNL, but SNL really hasn't had a strong cast in awhile. I think Tina Fey is one of the best writer's they've had, though.

I agree, SNL used to be a lot better. One thing I like about Mad TV is the videos that they redo which make fun of bands, it's not live or anything but still very funny. They had one with creed and a few other bands that sound like Creed and Eddie Vedder and The Calling, they were making fun of how all the singers tried to sound like one another and they ended up fighting because they all claimed that the other guys sounded like them. Very funny video.

Tina Fey yes.gif She's VERY funny. 1022.gif

Did you see the skit where Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were acting like the Bush twins and they had their own "twin language" that they made up. Hillarious skit.

Here's the transcript Tina Fey skit

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 2 2006, 11:21 AM)
SNL goes in phases... if you don't like the cast today, perhaps you'll like the one tomorrow.

That's what I've said for the better part of this decade. But I haven't given up hope, I still watch every week.

SNL goes in phases... if you don't like the cast today, perhaps you'll like the one tomorrow.

That's very true. Same goes for the writing on SNL. Whatever is wrong now, the show is not too good these days. There is some talent on the show, but they're not putting it to good use now. Horatio Sanz seems to do skits that go on forever and aren't that funny. The Falconer is a lame skit, and it's on every week, it seems.

Mad TV, I gotta check that out. I confess I haven't seen it before.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 2 2006, 01:29 PM)

That's very true. Same goes for the writing on SNL. Whatever is wrong now, the show is not too good these days. There is some talent on the show, but they're not putting it to good use now. Horatio Sanz seems to do skits that go on forever and aren't that funny. The Falconer is a lame skit, and it's on every week, it seems.

Mad TV, I gotta check that out. I confess I haven't seen it before.

If you get Comedy Central, it's on constantly. I know that every Saturday it's usually on from like 10 AM- 2. And of course the new shows are on Fox at 11 on Friday.

But I would also have to say that this current Weekend Update setup (Amy Pohler & Tina Fey) is my favorite one in a long time. Tina and Jimmy Fallon was good, but Jimmy laughed at everything that came out of his mouth, so...

If you catch a rerun of Mad TV and Will Sasso is on the cast list watch it-he'll most likely do something hilarious. His impressions of Randy Newman and Kenny Rogers are a scream.

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 2 2006, 01:43 PM)
But I would also have to say that this current Weekend Update setup (Amy Pohler & Tina Fey) is my favorite one in a long time. Tina and Jimmy Fallon was good, but Jimmy laughed at everything that came out of his mouth, so...

I agree. This is one of the best Weekend Update tandems ever. It's just brutal suffering through the show to get to that point this season, though. And I usually turn it off after Weekend Update this season, too.

i too will often watch 30 minutes of Mad TV and then switch over to SNL, especially since usually the funniest skits on SNL are right at the beginning. If SNL is especially lame, I'll go back or switch back and forth. I think in general Mad TV is funnier these days - the humor and skits are just so OUT there - I love that! Both have their pros and cons, though it seems SNL has more cons these days...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 2 2006, 01:00 PM)
i too will often watch 30 minutes of Mad TV and then switch over to SNL, especially since usually the funniest skits on SNL are right at the beginning. If SNL is especially lame, I'll go back or switch back and forth. I think in general Mad TV is funnier these days - the humor and skits are just so OUT there - I love that! Both have their pros and cons, though it seems SNL has more cons these days...

Ditto for me